Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭teediddlyeye

Not having a tissue handy and subsequently not being able to find the lump of phlegm ejected during a sneeze.

"I never thought I was normal, never tried to be normal."- Charlie Manson

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

Having a pj day and not having any sweets or chocolate in. Craving something nice but not going out to the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,268 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Girl I went to school with, if she isn't polluted her socials about her upcoming wedding she is providing blow-by-blow updates on the house she is building. You are 35, relax Kim Kardashian

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I hate everyone right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Advertisement

My TA is I took tablets 2 hours ago and still not sleepy

• Registered Users Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Digital satellite TV provider has been down since about 10pm.

nothing about it on their website, social media etc … went through all the troubleshooting on / off at the plug for 1 minute online tips but kept getting error messaging on the screen… I had envisioned a morning with the mobile stuck to my ear calling the fûckers and restarting and rebooting again and holding various buttons for X seconds and general pissing about but woke now and it’s working…..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

It's a "safety" feature. Petrol fumes (more so than the actual petrol) are incredibly flammable so pumps must be controlled by attendants in the shop to make sure that idiot humans aren't being idiots when the petrol is dispensing - hence the signs for no smoking and no mobile phones around the forecourt. Even apparently unmanned forecourts are monitored remotely in case of an incident. Diesel fumes are significantly more inert than petrol so it doesn't need as much monitoring and control.

In reality I'm massively doubtful about whether or not the cashiers actually properly monitor customers on the forecourt but it's part of their jobs so they should be. (I did have a cashier once shout at me over the loudspeaker on a forecourt because I was on the phone when I was at the pump so I know at least some of them take their jobs seriously!)

My TA for the day is I did a tiny bit of gardening yesterday, so of course my back is in bits today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Pre-pay petrol pumps. If a garage has them I immediately leave. I don’t know how much my tank needs so I’d rather not over or under estimate the amount. Far simpler to fill up & pay the actual amount due afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The amount of horseflies around today.

Worst I've ever seen.

I've been battling them all day trying to keep them off me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,715 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

This ☝️ I've little to be annoyin me,but a guy buys a new car from a garage €30ks worth maybe, they had ONE job ie to put the damn number plate on straight, but could they do it? Could they heckers like.. It's the little things, always the little things that get me

I thought I had a tube o Munchies in the fridge , all I found was pieces of paper 😡

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I've had two dreams recently about chocolate, it was maribou (?) The wee discs in a long tube.. Can I find any locally? Can I **** 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Duke of Schomberg

Why would one want to pretend to be a Roman Catholic? its pretending to be a arsehole, without the conviction.

I have the longest toes on the planet. They're practically prehensile. I also have really, really narrow feet so buying shoes - particularly sandals - is fun.

Neither can I . It means a trip to IKEA as it’s the only place to get them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

People not putting their lights on during very heavy rain. On the motorway today during some of the downpours and bad enough with spray but the day running lights are more of a menace that anything. People seem to forget that the rear lights don't light up. Even with the low level pissy rear lights the rain and spray was making it very hard to see. The few people like myself who put on our rear fogs made it very easy for cars in front to be seen.

Often see it at night people forget to turn on the headlights because the day running lights are bright enough.

• Advertisement

That we drive back on the left and not the right. I know in the US I drive and it was fine , but I'm afraid to take the car to France

• Registered Users Posts: 24,356 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Park and ride/public transport car parks being handed over in gift wrapping to private operators.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

People who contact your alternate when you are out of the office for 1 day for something that is not remotely important or urgent

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

People not having their dimmed lights on ALL THE TIME.

It keeps you safer, makes you seen, it doesn't cost anything, so why people don't do it is beyond me.

And bad parking. It's two lines. TWO LINES. Not rocket science.

Bah.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

out for a walk earlier,not a bad morning between showers,walking on the FOOT path as in a space for perambulation at ones own pace,hardly any traffic as schools closed,peaceful even birds chirpping and all that nice stuff,hear shouting behind me as in getoutofthewaymoveovercominthrough...turn around and heres about a half dozen lads cycling up behind me like theyre in the feckin tour de france nearly knocking me over...my they suffer from a permanent dose of the shiets along with permanet sneezing bastardy wee shites...

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I don't know why this annoyed me this week more than the other million times it's happened.

Asked in the local chemist if they had x product, the chemist asked if it was for y condition, it was and I know it's y as I have it a lot.

They asked did I have this and that condition as I said I didn't and I have it a lot as I'm told my dentist to chew sf gum to balance the acid in my mouth . As I'm sensitive to a lot of substances it's no surprise to me that I have this again.

They kept naming out underlying conditions that may be causing it, they kept coming back to diabetes, which I am not. I know this as I have my bloods done approx 6 months and the last round was 3 months ago in addition to having y since I was a small child.

Why is everything I have is automatically seen as diabetes, while Im aware my age and weight would be a factor in this discussion but fgs when a mature person says their recent blood sugars were fine, believe them.

Same with the constant bp testing even when I have an issue not in the least connected to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Have you had a ANA test and immunoglobulin quantity test. You've probably had Sjogrens mentioned but proper tests are not always done.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Noisy people. If I’m living or working next door to a factory, airport, sports stadium, or similar, it doesn’t bother me..common sense dictates that there will be unavoidable noise.

what is avoidable …this has happened a few times…..my new neighbours friends or family departing in a car around midnight and treble honking the horn to indicate a further goodbye, why ? You are aware that you are in a built up residential area, you’ve just said goodbye at the door and spoke to them all evening. Is there a reason why there must be a further needy noisy 120 decibel interaction / connection at that hour of the night/morning ? It’s one of the most bizarre, inconsiderate, goon brained things I’ve seen people do….and it’s every time….

” nice to see you, thanks for a lovely evening, come over to ours next month, I’ll make angels delight and you can dip your fat frog in it “. …. Get in the car and drive away, silently..

The way all my fruit , peaches and plums , are hard and bitter , not soft and delicious. I’ll have to leave them out for weeks to soften them 😡

• Advertisement

I always drive with my dims on . I was poo/pooed by people years ago but everyone does it now . The way I looked at it was if it was good enough for a Volvo its ok

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement