Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Youtubers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭farmerphil135

As the old saying goes hear a lie tell a lie. Hopefully tho you’ll tell your mate he’s a bollocks and he tells whoever told him their a bollocks and eventually the real bollocks is told their a bollocks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Suckler

You wont be allowed say that on Ear to the Ground. Poor Darragh will get flustered.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭fulldnod

Ear to the ground muck is only environmental propaganda mechanism for rte/ government

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

I'm fairness Phil I don't think anyone would pay a tenner for a photo with you anyway 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Odelay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭KAMG

I can't decide who is the bigger p...k. You or your 'friend'. Imagine coming onto a forum such as this and posting such obvious lies trying to blacken someone's name. Hope your prouf of yourself.

And fair play to Phil for his response.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Odelay

Ok Grasstomilk made a mistake, we all can do it. He put his hands up, let him get on and continue posting, he normally makes a positive contribution here Life is too short, don't let us all be the keyboard warriors here. We all make mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Another interesting video from grasstec (part 1 was last week) young farmer with his head screwed on and guy doing interview very professional.

Short relevant questions and only interacted to help flow of conversation.

Have given up watching a lot of other posters due to uninteresting content and repeat waffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Pinsnbushings

Ye I really like the grasstec content, nice to see them do a video on a smaller farm too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

RTÉ investigates is going to be a sh1te show tonight. A few rotten apples making us all look like thugs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

• Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Good to see it being exposed , have seen numerous welfare issues and cruelty to livestock in marts and elsewhere over the years, sickens my stomach to see animals mistreated

also seen cruelty issues with sheep being transported involving a well known west of ireland agent

They’re a good company is grasstec, had Bertie out one time, he was saying how many cows I should be aiming for but I wouldn’t be as ambitious as him. Their farm mapping service is great. I rather they did more videos of farmers at smaller scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Was a bit nervous for him in the slats in the wheelchair. Fair play to him though calving a cow is difficult enough - not sure how much use I'd be with a calving aid in a wheelchair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Nothing more sickening than seeing lads in marts bursting everything that moves with a stick. Usually a sign of fear i think. Was in a mart recently and saw a grandfather and grandson in the ring with sheep. Horrible to see the child maybe 12 running around smacking lambs who were moving around the ring anyway.

I brought cattle in for the someone last year and his son (Early 20s) was lifting any cow within 5 feet of him with the stick. I took the stick off him and fecked it over the hedge. Doing stuff like that panics animals and can get someone hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,768 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I was working cattle with a young neighbour there recently. I'm sick of telling him he should always have a good stick when handling cattle. He pointed out how quiet his suckler cattle were and that was because he never used a stick. We were trying to get them loaded up the ramp and when they wouldn't budge, he grabbed the stick off me and started to belt them. 😀

I on the other hand would just prod them with it and shout at them.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭davidk1394

I find you can quickly judge a person by the temperament of their stock. I sometimes give a hand moving cattle for neighbours and I'm very careful with who I load stock with. Some people are grand and easy and have the animals loaded with minimal stress to the animal or person. There's another person who just isn't a stock person. In the end I load them and ask him to just stand away from the trailer.

I have zero time for someone who mistreats an animal because their low in value and there's no need for irish agriculture to be pushed down the New Zealand route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tileman

@GERRY6420 and @farmerphil135 I know ye want to make a few pound out of the videos but the number of adds ye are putting in is really getting annoying. I don’t mind the 2 at the start and may be another one in the middle but I actually gave up watching your latest one today gerry as there was no skip function for the adverts.

I would have done the same on your one Phil but was interested to see if the tractor got finished.

watching ye both a long time and enjoy the videos and will usually watch the first advert to make sure u get some thin out of it but be careful if don’t go too far and turn people away from them.

anyeay it’s stopped raining now so better head back out to do a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭cal naughton

Nothing to do with the lads. All down to YouTube !

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Asus1

My niece loves looking at her videos.I looked at a few and she's a great example to any young girl thinking to get into farming.No fancy machinery or massive sheds.Her farm is probably like a majority of small farmers in Ireland.She is very articulate and not a swear in sight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭farmertipp

I don't think any real farmers tolerate cruelty to animals. how could you work harmoniously otherwise? especially milking cows, you can't have someone coming into parlour during milking frightening cows .

however rte and the epa and the green vegan types are pushing this to get rid of livestock altogether. they or that fran prick couldn't give a **** about animal welfare. unlike 99 percent of farmers I know who go to great lengths to keep calves and cattle healthy and happy.

there are a few bad eggs in every industry and they should be exposed to the law and dealt with. ironic that it is being done by a state sponsored organisation that is rotten to the core with corruption .some of them deserve jail but they will get paid off as this is little ireland

rant over!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,253 ✭✭✭tanko

She’s going to get badly hurt or worse some day if she doesn’t improve her cattle handling facilities

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

There is a lot of rough drovers in marts to get numbers into the ring to get them sold and managers don’t give a f k, the ones who have a lot to answer are the Department staff who are to police the marts for this sort of thing, in two of the local marts one senior guy turns up and has a cup of tea with a couple of dealers and is gone within a half hour and out the gap home to claim the miles and the lunch allowance. Can see this ICMSA blaming everyone but the problem.

probably should have been dealt with better as pat mccormack says. instead it has been blown into an anti farming vendetta by the human detritus in rte

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

You've seen evidence of people wilfully abusing animals and the best you can do is refer to RTE as "Human Detritus"...FFS a bit of cop on.

no. its the reasons behind it. Read it.

iv often called vet to save any animal regardless of value of animal. I know there are bad eggs and they should be punished but I'm not listening to being tarred with the same brush . what I say about rte stands. get over it

• Advertisement

Advertisement