Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yes. Various options.

have a look at Flawless Detailing in Finglas. He is on the Facebook group and has posted price lists for members.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

AFAIK not directly related to the cabin HVAC but to battery (drivetrain?) cooling. I’ve noticed it running after longish enough drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭robnet77

What is roughly the resale value you would expect in three years time if you bought a Model Y today?

(I mean the regular one being sold for €47K)

I know it's impossible to predict, but what is your expectation / best estimate?

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

If you said 6 months or a year you could have a stab at it, but 3 years is a forever with advances in battery, tech, diesel/petrol prices. Best guess is take the average car depreciation calc which is : half the price in 3 years. Perhaps 22-25k. Again dependent on mileage and condition & If three a demand there you could even go high 20’s similar to 3 year old M3’s now.

but I would still take the 50% if your trying to plan financially 👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭poker--addict

In 3 years market should mature considerably, and supply volumes should normalise.

For the purpose of forecasting I would use the standard depreciation levels of a ICE cars that are popular. Anything additional is a bonus, and several things should prevent above average depreciation; such as demand remaining high, gap in popularity to other competitors

• Year 1: €47,000 - 20% = €37,600
    • Year 2: €37,600 - 15% = €31,960
    • Year 3: €31,960 - 15% = €27,166

As you said, impossible and or total guess work, but if forced to find something to hang a hat on that is my effort.

😎

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Like any car, 50% of the new price. Give or take.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,975 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Depending on mileage and condition I think you could expect to get close to 30k.

Remember very few EV's being sold which will keep prices high in the second hand market going forward. Once they start increasing motor tax on ice cars similar to what happened back in 08 demand for EV's will soar and with very few imports these days the existing fleet will hold it's value very well. I'd be very surprised if that is not the case.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

MY will depreciate a lot better than any other Tesla model, and given Tesla are ahead of the field in EV terms anyway, I would expect MY to beat the general EV depreciation curve, and to trounce the ICE depreciation curve.

I also think MY new prices will go back up over time in line with the general market. The damage has been done, the foothold secured, and the competitors punched. The SEAI grant will also phase out completely, how fast - not sure, but politically it isn't favoured at the moment so I'd say it's on its last legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭robnet77

Indeed. From gov.ie:

Government investment strategy for electric vehicles will begin to rebalance towards supporting EV charging infrastructure.

This change aligns with similar polices in European nations, where countries including Norway, Germany and France have begun to curb vehicle subsidies and government investment in EVs is moving towards infrastructure.

• Advertisement

I opened a service request post collection to get a disc holder and to check a panel gap.

Anyways, on the service request in the app, there is an additional item that I did not add that says "Service Activity. EMEA - Replace IP speaker grille"

I don't see anything about a recall. Anyone want idea what this is about?

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

I have an update in my Tesla app. When I try click download in the app it says please connect to Wi-Fi. I am connected to Wi-Fi…. Is this a known issue or how can I fix this?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭innrain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

Is anyone else disappointed by the very short steering lock on the car. One full turn of the steering wheel in either direction seems very poor by other standards. Does it change if I use Sport/ Comfort ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

The opposite of that is happening in reality though. They're are dropping at the rates of ICE. Elons manipulations of the sales prices isn't helping residuals either. So as above best honest guess would be 50% or more.

Yeah but longterm they'll hold up much better, like 4, 5, 6 years down the line.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

I think the gearing is the same whatever steering mode you use, just the assistance level changes. (But could be wrong)

Lock isn't great in my Model 3 either, I think we were a bit spoiled in the ID.3. But I do like the sensitivity of the steering, not requiring much turning lock to lock.

Evidence of what? Everyone will have to move over to electric in the next 10 years and given the cost of them most will look to the second hand market and with very few EV's being sold now second hand market won't be huge thereby keeping the price. It's simple supply and demand.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

It feels like you don't have a clue how many EVs are on the market or being constructed tbh. Your making claims that don't stack up. The real residual from a ten hear EV may be in battery salvage for other form uses. Again we don't know tech is moving fast.

Point being the lads gave very educated guesses on values using valid assumptions. You're not.

Ok what's the number of EV's in Ireland versus non EV?

A quick Google tells me there's 2.7 million cars in Ireland of which 50,000 are electric.

Post edited by Mantis Toboggan on

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Anyone know of a good touch-up pen for a paint scratch (white)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

I have the same on my service request. Did you ever find out what this was about?

No, no idea yet. Waiting to hear back from Tesla still.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭TMY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Same experience here. Was away for 3wks and vampire drain only account for 2% (which I was pleasantly surprised). I did make it a habit not to keep checking the app which does wake up the car - only check it about 6 times in total during the 3wks. Sentry was of course switched off during this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭iceax

Hi all. ok MYlr 2 weeks old. and I'm losing between 3 and 9% every night . I have every feature turned off in app or within the car. pre condition cabin overprotection off . camp dog mode sentry . no charging at night been done. no navigation to a charger active. no pre conditioning not much info on the energy consumption page to tally with my losses. can any one explain . I understand losses will always be part of ev ownership but 9% is at level I can't except. can anyone give me any ideas before I log a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭JOL1

Sounds like you have Sentry mode on and there is activity around the car that triggers it. You have mentioned everything else but Sentry so perhaps hti sis it. It is the most common factor that drains battery overnight..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭iceax

sentry mode is off as well jol1. kinda dumb founded at present . not finding on the net to explain my issue. time to book a service request maybe.

Advertisement