Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problem with buyer

• 10-07-2023 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I own a house in dublin city ,it was boarded up since september by the council , i told my neighbour i,ll be selling it after i do renovation.unfortunately i made a serious error ,eg my neighbour asked me would i consider his pal pat as a potential buyer. the house was boarded up , pat went inside and replaced 20 t ,roof tiles

so at the moment he is doing work i think, he is a builder. i meet him for 25 minutes. i told him he could remove boards from the front door and put on lock .i was stupid ,i thought i could trust him. he uses ladder to go over wall into back garden and enters the house .

i text him, you are not allowed to do work.you are not allowed to go inside the house.you are trespassing .he does not reply to my txts.

the council emailed 2 weeks ago and said employ carpenter ,make house secure . i live in a rental flat. i have to get a carpenter and go inside and board up 5 windows and board up the back door .

Pat told the neighbours he is buying the house from me .

i went around last week with a carpenter . i noticed all my tools are gone . all the wood ,boards ,building materials are gone .my 2 bikes are gone.

he told me he removed QUOTE ; RUBBISH , from the ground floor.

right now he can acess the house anytime , i have to pay a carpenter to get acess to the house

any advice would be welcome .i know i have to board up the building and put a new lock on the door .i,ll likely have to do it in one day .

i cant really stop him going inside my garden, theres no esb, power ,eg i cant install an alarm system .

when i met him he was not rude. he said i can do all the repairs , he has a building company, eg jobloggs construction ltd i have his email adress . name of company.

i don,t have any formal legal agreement with him .

Any advice would be welcome .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Did you tell Pat he could buy the house? Did you come to an agreement?

From what I read, there's someone with no financial interest in your house carrying out repairs....is that it? Will he be getting paid for it? Bizarre story anyway. First Post you've made.

I think its a wind up but can't figure out why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Lame

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 4 theceltno7

We have no agreement , i believe he,s doing work , if i refuse to sell him the house he could send me a large bill for repairs . i think he,s paying his friend to give him acess through the back garden .

i understand its my fault in that i trusted my neighbour, i should have secured the house ,put new lock on the door 3 months ago.

he has a financial interest in that maybe he could ask for a large discount ,say the house was for sale for 150k, he could get it cheaper.

i know this all sounds very strange.

i know my neighbour for 10 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Why did the council board up a house you own? This doesn't add up.

This story is not making sense and your writing style isn't making it easy to figure out what you're trying to say.

Nobody can do unauthorised work and bill for it, and nobody can force you to sell house for discount.

Don't know what this story is about yo be honest

• Advertisement

i,m concerned he ,s taking over the house, telling the neighbours i employ hiim to work there ,the house is a building site .it has no power.

the windows are boarded up. i just think the whole situation is ominous, they boarded up the house, there was a small fire there ,in one room, it damaged one window and caused damage to the roof.

even if i board up the house ,im still concerned he could get in by going through neighbours yard .i told him not to go inside the house .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

It doesn't matter what he says to the neighbours or what unauthorised work he is doing.

Get your own chippy and secure your property. Then contact a few estate agents to get a rough price, then pick one to sell it.

If there was no discussion of how much he'd pay ignore Pat. If he wants to buy it he can contact your estate agent.

Report him for unlawful entry, trespass, burglary, get on to solicitor to write him a letter....but situation sounds bizarre beyond belief

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭gipi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Have you said to Pat " do not enter my house"?

This all sounds like Chinese whispers, or a wind up tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Hilarious. Why did the OP create an account to ask the same questions here as he had answered elsewhere a week ago? I smell a rat.

report him to who, ? reason i post here is to get legal advice .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

You can't get legal advice here. If he's there without your permission and has stolen your property it's a Garda matter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Sorolla

i suspect the owner of the property got a letter from the council requesting the property be cleaned up as the property appeared derelict.

The owner did not correspond with the council.

The property then went onto the „derelict sites list“

i assume the council boarded up the property

Check the register if your property is listed as a derelict site

https://www.dublincity.ie/residential/planning/active-land-management/derelict-sites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Lads, it's fairly clear there is genuinely an issue here and the OP is panicking. The berating is a bit lousy.

A spoof post I'd generally easily cop, but this is clearly a genuine one - Maybe ease off a bit!

Advertisement