Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,103 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Prime Day or Black Friday. They always drop prices on Amazon devices a day or two earlier and for a few days after and that price doesn't move for the duration

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭corks finest

I’ve the paper white a while it’s fantastic tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I was thinking of that for a while but I see the Signature edition is on sale too and tempted by that too!

But..... I currently use a tablet for my e-reading needs. Is a Kindle really that much better?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭Ryath

The basic Kindle is a bargain at £24 with trade in £20 gift card with an extra 20% off the kindle. You'll have to get it up north to a UPS collection point though, it picked up my Parcel wizard address as the return and I'd only seen it after I submitted the trade in request and received email.

Paperwhite is £58

I've being trying to decide between them for a while now, USB C is the main reason I want to upgrade. My 2014 kindle still works perfectly, battery life isn't quite what it was but it still lasts a couple of weeks between charges. How much longer I will get out of it the question though.

Main reason to go for the Paperwhite is the bigger and flush screen and it's waterproof. I've always found the 6" screen big enough and the smaller bezels of the new one make it a lot more pocket-able. Don't plan to float in a pool with it either! The resolution of them is the same at 300dpi I now which used to be the main plus of the paperwhite.

Leaning to the Paperwhite the smaller form factor means I'm more like to bring it with me. The Paperwhite is tempting though for the better specs. Might just end up getting both in the long run!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭con747

I'm not saying they will drop the price more, I'm saying wait a few hours and make sure they don't.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

I got a 7th generation kindle paperweight for something like 20 euro last year . Don’t suppose we’ll see deals like that any time soon ?

refurnished and was missing a charging cable so they refunded me 10 euro !

Post edited by Citizenpain on

I see the fire tablet deal in the no chat thread

when you go to checkout they apply the vat on the pre deal price . Will they eventually refund that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

@muffler Amazon Fire 10.1 inch HD tablet - £71.73

Amazon seem to be screwing the VAT and or discount calculation again as at checkout that comes to Order Total:£88.98

Order Summary

Items:£133.32

Postage & Packing:£0.00

Import Fees Deposit:£30.66

Total:£163.98Promotion Applied:-£75.00

Order Total:£88.98

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭corks finest

No comparison tbh

kindle is a different animal

warm colour to bright

increase text size by pinching open fingers etc

save pages etc etc

I need a kindle for the wife and a fire tablet for a kid :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,025 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I see what you mean. No issues with the price to my NI addresses obviously but thats just taking the piss by Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

Been out of the loop for a while (since new website) is there a new parcel motel alternative for UK only deliveries ?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ACAandCTA

I'm reasonably close to the border and have used Oohpod for a delivery to Jonesborough (Co Down) that wouldn't ship to Ireland... Usually something like €3.50 a parcel, has worked great for me

Just been on to chat about it supposedly to a manager. Total waste of time and not a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

Thanks for the suggestions

I'm seeing dpd are offering a virtual address so assumed they'd figured it out since stopping that service after brexit. But can find no mention on the website must be out of date info. Deliver me is €25 a package and I'm too far away from border to use a pick up locker

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Tango One

I used https://www.mailboxde.com/ around black Friday for 2 fire sticks works out 13 quid for the forwarding service. Might be worth if you order from amazon.de

Fire stick 4k max is cheaper on amazon.de too

I took a photo of the pre prime offers at 11.58pm for some stuff and maybe I'm just too tired but I can't seem to match the items with the prime day offers.

As I said probably just the brain not working right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Those prices are with UK vat rate, they go up a pound or two for us to account for the difference between 20% and 23%. Like, the echo show 5 is £46.11 to an Irish address compared to a UK address which is the the 44.99

• Registered Users Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭ozmo

Any of the kindles with a backlight is worth getting- the heavy one with metal back imho less so. We had both.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi7

Are these Amazon prime bargains actually a good deal?

(I.e. a genuine discount??)

Thinking of buying a rangefinder that's very much a want than a need, so only keen to acquire one as a real deal, or if one falls off the back of a truck, which is a little unlikely unfortunately...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Go to camelcamelcamel and search for the item. It will show you a price history and you'll be able to see if it's a decent discount or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Wexy86

I was just in to chat and they said they’d refund me the import duties once the item is delivered. They said they put notes on the order and just come back to the chat and I should be refunded the difference- suppose we have to wait and see. Took screenshots of the chat to refer to if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭narodvale

Anyone aware of a dedicated chat on boards where folks are posting prime deals today? My boards searchbar keeps giving me an error message, and I won't have the time to scour the bargains today. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

There's Amazon chat/ no chat threads

Dunno would there be a prime deal chat thread specifically

• Registered Users Posts: 10,931 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Just tried chat myself and they were utterly useless

I'm looking at a monitor. £50 off for prime day, £56 added in import fees deposit. I had it on my basket at the weekend and they weren't be added then, I went as far as checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 10,931 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Just realised it's the old issue of an item being over €150 pre-offer and under €150 with the offer. They apply the fees to the base price, then deduct the offer

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

I was on chat and then spoke to someone on the phone, they've really no idea, and Im not sure if they are fixing it. Haha, I was promised £100 refund on one item once delivered, whereas the net difference between what the price should be and is coming out at is ~£30.

That's just for one item, I had a fair few items I wanted to purchase.

Wondering now if I should just go the screenshot and buy route. And get the difference back later. It's definitely a price calculation bug, right? From what I can tell the promotion calc is all wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

They must be getting rid of all their junk as usual in the warehouse sale

Nothing there i want

Advertisement