Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ admits paying Tubridy €345,000 more than declared

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,888 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

"No one's better than anyone else". Except when it comes to being paid, that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭sully123

I think he is trying to come across like Joe biden

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Oh shut up you insipid man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

Talent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

That's it,TUBS absolutely wiped the floor with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭archfi

OMG

They are being allowed a farewell swansong as if Tubridy is hosting a show!

I'm not blaming them at all, I'm blaming the absolutely useless bunch of 'lawmakers'!

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭lbunnae

They really did lick their holes for most of the day. Pretty sure half of them were starstruck.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,778 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Here comes Richard Boyd Barrett ready to fire the bullets while stating he is just doing his job.

RBB - it was an organised deception, and questioned the emails with the 75k. First mentions of the 75k was by Noel Kelly. The negotiation meant that the pay cut effectively did not happen - and had a meeting with his client (Tubridy). It looks like pushing against everything to mitigate against the pay cut

Kelly - it was a third party negotiation with RTE

RBB- the FIRST mention of the 75k was you

Kelly - I was responding to RTE point 4 etc

RBB - it does not look that way

RBB - why was the contract not signed? On etc etc

RBB - mentions massive pay gaps in RTE

(Eugene Murphy (S) took over questioning.

Tubridy - it has all changed now, I hope it will be a new world order - wants to be part of the change/catharsis of RTE.

Tubridy Wants to take the word 'talent' to be taken off the contracts because he hates that word

--

Eugene Murphy (S) - is it a three card trick? Or shady deal? Do you regret not being an employee instead of a contractor?

Kelly (exasperated) - I kept asking RTE could you please inform us when the salaries were published? Half an hour notice given to me - and they did not make the changes

--

And with that Noel Kelly and Tubridy are released back into the wild again...

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭amovingstatue

Round of applause !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Tubs is giving a miss world speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,922 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Like fcuking Oscar acceptance speeches now.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭sliabh 1956

That was some cringe fest by Tubs just there he is sorry now because the game is up .

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Hungry Bear

Tubridy and Kelly. The two innocents. What a pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

You can’t lose something you never had.

"Yes, the salary is enormous, I understand that, but that doesn't affect my soul," says Ryan Tubridy, when asked by Senator Marie Sherlock if his integrity has been damaged.

Can they be called back or was this totally there call. I say Mr. Tubrity loved the limelight while Mr. Kelly wanted out after 1 hour from this morning

I don't really understand that. what do you mean?

• I personally feel exhausted having watched that all day long, I feel I should somehow put in an invoice for the effort.

He was feeling sorry them by his standards - came in last minute and only had read some of the emails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Tubridy must be one of the people in the country so bad at maths that they can't calculate how much money they earn.

BBC covering it now no hopes of him been able to go over there now

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

His reputation which was mentioned was the trust the viewers have in him to do a good radio programme. I’m not for one minute suggesting he’s not done good things and helped people, but that wasn’t been asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

He thinks he fooled us all . He fooled no one with his whinge fest and but but but V de P and little children and little old me being only for the people .

He can fool some people but most will see through this bull****

It started off bad tempered and hasn’t got any better. There’s a lot of angry men who simply cannot acknowledge that The Tubmeister General and NK did very well today in the face of sometimes deeply rude questioning (Imelda Munster in particular made a show of herself).

The thing about outrage is it burns out quickly. The all-day anger merchants will then move onto something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

Long day for the lads in fairness. Let's not forget their stooges on here; a long day for them also. They're the real talent, as Ryan might say.

If one good thing comes out of today; it's that we might never hear from Mr Tubridy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

They’re all elected so at least they have that standing. I don’t know where you get the authority or informed opinion to describe them as “thick as pigshyte”.

Don’t know what a “whacker” is? Is that a Dub or anyone from a big town or small city ( there are no big cities in Ireland). Also what’s this 50/50 thing? Are you saying that the committees should have 50/50 representatives from city areas and country areas like as if they’re a different species or something. What is this nonsense about?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tromtipp

Tubridy is like a newsagents I knew, back in the days of all cash, notorious for giving the wrong change. Always always always in favour of the shop. They'd pay up ^immediately^ if challenged, so everyone knew it was deliberate.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Sorolla

Fair play to RT and NK offering to help the committee.

i think this transparency is to be applauded.

However, I think they did themselves no favours today.

I think Tubs career at RTE is over.

Thanks for all the laughter, tears, joy, hope and for keeping us all alive during the pandemic.

ni bheidh do leithid aris ann

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement