Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Charlie 22

I just got assigned a VIN for a model 3, things are getting more real and it is asking for payment, getting the full 5k grant too. Delivery says Aug - Sep. Fairly vague. If I VIN is assigned does that mean it is on a boat?

Also a bunch of cars just went up on inventory too.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭imavi02

I'm not sure if you would be getting full grant , I would wait for updated order agreement. Yes the car could be expected to deliver soon as good amount of inventory has just been updated. Also do make sure to use referral to get purchase benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Trying to get a date for my wife's car atm, has vin assigned already.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭JOL1

A vin assigned indicates that a specific car is complete and matched to your order. VINS don't normally get assigned/communicated to customers until a few weeks away from delivery.. My instinct is that your car is most likely in Inventory or else on ship .. There is a ship carrying Tesla's on route to Europe arriving Zeebrugge 23rd July. If you have a VIN try use this link and enter your VIN and it will indicate if your car os on that ship or not which may provide better insight.

https://www.hoeghautoliners.com/my-cargo

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Full grant applicable for cars ordered before end of June and due to be delivered within 4 months.

My mate in the same position with his NiroEV due in September.

• Advertisement

To be honest I am not sure how you can say this with certainty . Its not order date that defines the availability of grant at higher level, it is approval date. This would mean that Tesla woulf have had to apply for the grant with SEAI before 30th June. Other dealerships may well have done this and in a position to confirm to your mate.

A few people have now confirmed that full grant is showing on their account for the next delivery, both here and the FB group.

Added to that, other brands are saying the same.

It would appear that it’s happening but of course I agree, it’s not certain until your driving out with the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭imavi02

I believe the cars are already on ship which SCHELDE HIGHWAY. It's due to arrive by 12th July at Dublin port.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

A lot of new inventory added today & a vin shower. All these cars are on Hoegh Trident which is currently heading towards the Suez Canal & due in Zeebrugge on 23rd July, so I would expect mid August deliveries.

I got a grant form late June & my invoice showing full €5k grant against M3P.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Sammy74

I got a vin today and mine is on the hoegh boat. Have a 29/7-14/8 date. Seems ambitious as ship is due into zeebruge 23/7?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭cloudhopper19

Same app updated with VIN and same delivery dates as yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,042 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Tesla also showed the €5,000 grant on non qualifying vehicles so it could just be another mistake by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

To anyone collecting a Tesla, well, ever!

Whatever you do... INSPECT THE VEHICLE AT THE DELIVERY CENTER!

The staff will say things like "oh there's nothing we can do if there's an issue so take it home and open a case on the app". However, if you happen to live or drive more than 160km before you notice an issue it's "tough luck" from Tesla!

By the time I drove home I had used up 80km or so, and 80km isn't that much driving in a week (one trip to family put that away).

So especially if you don't live in Dublin, inspect your car and demand there and then at the delivery center to have your case opened there and then. Don't let the excitement get to you on the day. Tesla are great cars with a snakepit of a customer service!

End of rant!

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Thought they were giving more time/distance for inspections now

You can demand all you like but your frustration on staff that are employed to hand over cars will be fruitless and you’ll look like the fool.

If you don’t accept the car, that’s fine. Don’t accept it and walk away.

If there are issues and you want to keep the car, you log it in the app. Simples.

Ranting and demanding at guys on minimum wage will get you nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

I thought from people collecting cars here that there was no problem with reporting damage etc with higher mileage than you mentioned.

I would always recommend people take loads of high quality pics at collection, outside, inside and under car. Only takes a few minutes and will be time stamped if a problem you don't see arises. And of course if you notice anything at collection day then report it to a staff member to log.

Otherwise, enjoy the day. They were good to sort out a minor problem in my case. Always a pleasure collecting a new car..

My point is, inspect inspect inspect on the day. Open the support ticket BEFORE you drive away thinking you can open it when you get home. Because you can't if you don't live close by as it's too late according to Tesla.

This is in contradiction to what the delivery staff say, no matter what Tesla pays them.

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

What was wrong with your car?

Is it something cosmetic? They should surely send out a mobile guy to fix it if you logged it in the app

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭rob w

I would agree with opening a ticket on the app before leaving if you notice the issue. However, I had an issue I only found later and Tesla sorted it no problem

I have had a relatively good experience with Tesla service in the 6 weeks since I've had my car. About a week or two after picking up the car, I noticed that the plastic trim (rocker cover I think?) on the underside of the drivers side had been scratched all along and was split all the way along. It was definitely nothing I did to the car in the time I had it, and it must have happened pre collection, but I hadn't got down on hands and knees and looked underneath when collecting.

I had over 1000km on the car at this stage I think. I logged a service request, and Tesla changed the part out without any issues.

While waiting for that service appointment my drivers seat then developed a really annoying creak in the backrest. Makes a noise when I shift in the seat or go over bumps - cant replicate it in the passenger seat. So I added that to the first request. They put some felt tape in the seat somewhere, but it did nothing so they are now going to replace the drivers seat for me. I am just waiting on an appointment now while the part is on order.

I had hoped it would be a mobile request but they cant do it, as the part wont fit in the mobile techs Model S to transport to my house!! So ill go up there and get it done. One of the service guys called me to go over the request, really nice guy had loads of time to discuss my concerns.

While its annoying that I have to replace a seat after just 6 weeks, these things happen I guess. They seem fairly proactive in getting the issues sorted though, but its a pain to drive a 300km roundtrip to the Tesla service centre again though!

• Advertisement

Great to hear others are having good experiences.

It's bizarre though that they are so inconsistent with others though.

For me it's a bad panel gap (I compared to neighbours MY) and a small damage in paint. But I'm not covered apparently as >160km on the clock.

It's the inconsistency that does my head in. I'm trying to enjoy it anyways but hearing of others getting looked after with 1000km+ on the clock is quite frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Sammy74

Deleted

Post edited by Sammy74 on

You can. People have got repairs from damage they only found a month later as they had photos of it from collection day.

The same goes for EVERY manufacturer. You have to inspect before you leave the showroom.

I collected a 2009 520d back in 09. Drive home and a few days later noticed the BMW emblem on the steering wheel was dented. I had less than 100km on the clock. Duffys would do nothing as it wasn’t picked up on collection. Their stance was that anyone could have done it.

Always inspect any new car you’re buying. No matter what brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ftzr

I collected my M3 two weeks ago, and while there was no problems with the vehicle then, I’ve since had 3 separate black screens were the car wouldn’t drive for a few minutes until I pressed both buttons and waited for it to reset. I reported it by phone and received a case number by email and am awaiting a callback from the service team. Just wondering has anyone else had a similar problem.

Kind of my point to be fair. But sure live and learn as they say. Open the ticket there and then, and THEN drive home. They'd be my advice anyways.

No need to wait for it to reset. You can do that as you drive etc all driving functions work including lights, indicators etc

The reset is just the infotainment systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ftzr

That was the problem. The car wouldn’t go into D or R so I couldn’t drive it until it reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭liyan

I have had the same issue - black screen when stepping into the car in the morning for two consecutive days this week. Once resetting the infotainment system, the screen would be fine for the rest of the day, but will go black again the next morning. Not sure if it's a software bug.

I think you can still shift the gear but just wouldn't be able to see it on screen.

Use my referral link to purchase a Model 3 or Model Y and save 500 EUR: https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/yan759808

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

I've had this issue happen on three seperate occasions in the last 2 weeks. Had to do the reset. I have it logged with Tesla service.

Another issue I've had which can be extremely frustrating is the LTE/4G/Mobile data knocking off several times a day. I understand that coverage can be patchy but when the data knocks off it will stay off for a good 10 minutes. Means the maps stop loading and the music pauses and no voice commands work (even the open glovebox command??).

Otherwise, beautiful car to drive. Put over 2000KM on it in 2 weeks. Absolutely love it, but the mobile data disconnecting is really frustrating as it affects every function in the car

• Advertisement

I’ve never had the data turn off like that before. Maybe part of the current software bug?

Advertisement