Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Communications AP comp

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

This panel is now exhausted. Wonder will there be a new comp soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DublinJ1981

Hey… I actually asked PAS about this competition in November and they came back with this.

”Generally panels are in place for 18 to 24 months. There are no plans to call a second batch to interview at this moment in time, however, this is subject to change.”

Dec 2021 would have been the 18 month mark so I’m hoping that if it stays open till the 24 month mark a second batch might be called as they are quite vague and optimistic in their response!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Has anybody applied for the Communications HEO Role?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DublinJ1981

Check your messages, they issued a message on Friday about the next batch of interviews. Deadline to respond to the message by email is noon Tuesday, 1st Feb 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 parisee88

Hi all, a new comp has just been posted in the past few days - anyone from the last cohort have any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

yeah curious to see if I get through this time and would love any advice / pointers

Hi guys, did this competition take so long last time around?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nmcd94

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cat4789

Hi guys. Have you heard anything more from this? Received the update few weeks ago about interviews mid july

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 nmcd94

Yes, for the EO position!

For the 2023 AP. I actually had an update from public jobs. They said results slightly delayed and should be out next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭twentysomething

Did you get a notification?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Googer

Hi all,

New to the process here. Wondering if anyone knows how common multiple batches of interviews are in these competitions? I reached the qualifying standard, but didn’t score high enough to be interviewed.

Post edited by Googer on

Anyone here have their interview yet or how is panel moving?

Interviews are being held in September, I believe.

How are people finding the interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 APComms123

Have been in this process since May 2023 - there have been 2 rounds of interviews so far.

There were a first round of interviews in July/August - I just missed out on the qualifying score for this round (you can request feedback from shortlisting that outlines your score).

I was called for interview in the second round of interviews which took place across late October/early November and results expected imminently.

I was told by PAS that from first round interviews anyone who made the cut had all been offered positions and were in clearing. There were still more jobs to fill, hence coming to second batch now.

I have a question though - does anyone know if scores to be appointed to panel/offered a job are based on combined application form and interview scores? Or is the application form score just used as a shortlisting tool and job offers are only made on the basis of interview results?

• Advertisement

Someone at PAS told me they take both the form and interview into consideration.

Best of luck to you! The waiting is horrible.

Thanks so much for that answer - I am really hoping they count both so that's good to know!

I was one mark below the cutoff for the first batch of candidates called for interview, so I imagine of the second batch of candidates called for interview in this round I will be at or very near the top. So unsure of how I did in the interview so if they are counting interview+application form it should give me a better chance of a higher overall score - and hopefully a job!

The waiting feels interminable - hoping for something today

When did you interview? It seems it’s usually about 2 weeks after the interview that results are out. Sounds like you’re in with a very high chance! 🤞🏼

Interviewed on 10th November - they shared details of the various panels so I know there were several days of interviews from around Oct 31st all the way to Nov 14th.

I emailed PAS on Monday to see if they knew when results were coming and they said results to be sent today - but I'm not sure I believe them! Hoping they come anyway, can't bear the thoughts of another sleepless night!

Have you interviewed? Sending positive vibes!

I did interview.

Wishing you all the best with it! I’m glad to hear I’ll know today, so thanks for that.

Post edited by Googer on

Results are out - I placed in the top 5 OOM and spoke to PAS who have said I'll definitely be offered a job. Probably won't start clearance until late Jan-early Feb so could be well into Q1 2024 before I start a job.

Hoping that you got good news despite your reservations about it! Good luck to anyone else getting results today also :)

Oh wow, that’s an amazing result! Congratulations!

I’m shocked and delighted to have passed! Waaay behind you in the OOM but they’ve said I should get offered a position too 😁

Never give up hope! Apparently they could fill 100 jobs with the amount of vacancies they have.

If you don't mind me asking where are you approximately on OOM? Have other friends in the process and I know they are curious to see how many posts might be left based on how many are filled in this batch.

PAS told me they'll be going out to new batch for more interviews shortly

I’m in the top 15 😃

Post edited by Googer on

• Advertisement

Congrats to all who passed! What is the total number on the OOM does anyone know?

Advertisement