Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

On the Clonskeagh Road and Drummartin Link Roads the pedestrian lights take an age to change. 4 sets of lights in a row add a significant amount of time to my commute

Thought the council were meant to be prioritising pedestrians at traffic lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

No reason to assume its an issue at all, as there is no family history and I'm tested regularly. It's the medical world's fixation on it that annoys me. To add to this ta is the BP is measured even when its a visible sprain caused by my inability to judge distance/height properly.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Jesus christ my niece is the boldest child in the world. Just do what you're fcuking told and stop whinging!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Sib got sick of looking at the expensively topped kitchen units, so he hammered and tapped contact onto it.

In doing this he removed the heat-treated glass from the right side of the cooker, so no surprise when I absently put a hot pot on the contact.

Today he put a similar type of contact in the same place and didn't return the glass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is going to be an endless cycle of odd contact being placed exactly on the hot zone beside the hob. 🙄

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

People who leave the "lens caps" on their salt and pepper mills. What a nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭teediddlyeye

Overestimate what you need and you only get charged for the amount used.

"I never thought I was normal, never tried to be normal."- Charlie Manson

• Registered Users Posts: 24,356 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Lol it's not a guessing game. The amount you put in is the max you are willing to pay. If you fill the tank before reaching that amount, you only get charged the amount that it cost to fill the tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭teediddlyeye

Another one re garages. Why is petrol still advertised as "unleaded"? It hasn't contained lead in nearly 25 years.

"I never thought I was normal, never tried to be normal."- Charlie Manson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

People who don't turn their rear fog lights off when not necessary - it blinds the drivers behind them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Never got this. Not once in 25 years driving have I ever been bothered by someone else fog lights.

Am I missing something? Is it the angle that I am at compared to a smaller person?

TA that posts about fog lights TA'd me 😆

• Advertisement

People with perfectly adequate hearing who watch TV with the subtitles on. It's so distracting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,514 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Accidentally said "Glorious twelfth" in work today and had to explain it to a confused Chilean colleague.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I've had it a few times late at night when someone usually with the rear fog lights that sit boot level. It's really bad on the eyes on very dark roads. Probably coming home from the local pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,356 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Someone shouted "Run Forrest Run" as I ran past them on my way to just making the train home yesterday...

Are people still doing that? Is that still funny? Was it ever?

Anyway, it annoyed me.

Would it help to leave a bigger gap between you and them or are you particularly small that it might be more in your eyeline? Funny the things people experience that others don't notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

a certain low fares airline… looking at flights to London, next May…. There is SFA in terms of low fare’s about it no matter what dates and times selected… both are flexible, checking in bags will be necessary but it’s coming in a handful of euros short of 200 euros return….

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I was in UK recently, took my car, SUV (keep your mitts off my tyres eco warriors) and I was blinded - it was during the day and maybe they had them on due to a particular heavy thunderstorm but I passed those cars fairly fast as I find it very distracting. Horses for courses

• Registered Users Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

one of my favourite fashion retailers… i bought two things today from two different clothing retailers online…

first one I get a confirmation email immediately, second I get the following screen message but no email ….

YOUR ORDER IS CONFIRMED You’ll receive an email when your order is ready.

erm, is it bad for the environment, or someone’s mental health, sending an actual email confirmation into my inbox of my purchase ?

is it beyond a major fashion retailer to send both a confirmation and delivery / shipping email ? What good is an email “when it’s ready “

its all automated so not like people type and send the fûcking things…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Usually happens when stock isn't in their " main warehouse" so they need to get it from secondary warehouse/supplier and once they have it ready for delivery you'll be contacted.

Until then, they acknowledge that you made a purchase and payment went through etc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Leaving plenty of room, it's like a red headlight shining right at you. This would be a good example of the brightness. if used during the day and during thunderstorms as soon as you can see ordinary lights they need to be turning off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The super illogical and circuitous route some people seek help 😡

I am sure I have been behind someone with fog lights on many occasions but it has never registered as something to be annoyed about. Different folks different strokes an all that. Similarly you see multiple posts on cyclists but I cannot recall ever being more than mildly inconvenienced by one yet some seem to have daily issues with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I have to bring my Jack Russell terrier Toby to the vets tomorrow for his vaccine booster. I'm dreading the cost of it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I've mislaid my glasses and can't find them anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 6,940 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

People fully parking on and blocking pavements so that kids, parents with babies in buggies, people in wheelchairs, me .. have to go into the road and into oncoming traffic. Saw it yesterday and again today. And these are new cars and intelligent people. But incredibly ****** ignorant.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Arthur Pants
    Overlord

I put some potatoes in the oven to bake them but I forgot to make note of the time they went in. D'oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Loads of driving TAs today.

I'll start with two speed vans at Dunkettle on Monday morning. Two! With a new junction layout what you really want is every numpty who's already crawling along in traffic to instinctively hit the brakes and look at their speedo when they spot them. A chance to break the 60k limit would be a fine thing - this morning I swear I didn't exceed 30k in the 60k zone.

Selfish p**cks who hog the overtaking lane. Some blonde this morning (wearing sunglasses driving westwards on an overcast morning) was hogging the overtaking lane holding up traffic on the South Ring. I spotted an ambulance with it's lights on way back in traffic, about three minutes before the van in front of me moved over. I would probably have had time and space to pass the blonde on the left, but by this time the ambulance was getting kinda close, so I decided not to, and moved over. I must have been another twenty seconds before the blonde spots the ambulance (or maybe she heard it, it was so close), immediately hit the brakes, and moved over. I went back into the overtaking lane immediately behind the ambulance to overtake her, and I'm glad I did - as soon as I was past she moved into the overtaking lane again, in front of the van that was behind me. The selfish b**ch didn't even overtake anything before I turned off a minute later.

And I ****ing hate non-standard number plates. Why? I've never looked at s***y, normally styled to look German, number plates and thought : "They look cool! They really add to the overall astethic of the car!" Some guy in an Audi in front of me in Bishopstown this morning was taking the piss - instead of IRL he had a D on his plate, he had an illegal font, s**t between the year and the county, and the county was squashed against the numbers to make the plate look German. If I was a Garda it'd be the highlight of my day to pull those w***ers over and give them the maximum fine/points for having a vehicle that's not road legal. Could you imagine explaining to your insurance company/employer/partner/mammy why your insurance has gone up/been cancelled? 'I wanted a cool number plate....'

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

'Twould be a darn shame if a key or some sticking-out bit of a buggy or wheelchair were to cause a scratch to their car's sides, wouldn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I didn’t get a parking space in CP , so a bit of a walk on Saturday 😡

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

For sale signs at the entrances to estates. No need for them, & if an estate is nice, it ruins the look. They're perpetual.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement