Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best Electricity Plan for new EV Owners

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

That rate above is quite high. The affinitity/community whatever new rate they have now is 33/14 for D/N meters.Thats not bad. Only a 5c day and 6c night increase on what was the holy grail of tariffs in the last year, the EV rate with energia of 28/7

https://www.flogas.ie/flogas-community-plan-electricity-fixed-1-yr.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

It seems the same as the BWG employees discount, just without the requirement to be an employee

Maybe they realised that 90% of the people signing up didn't work in BWG group and gave up on that idea

No idea what "community" means in that context. Maybe you have to do something for you community to qualify 🤷‍♂️

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Comer1

You have to be a teacher in a Community school, so I'm OK anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Comer1

Hopefully this one will stay there and not keep doing the disappearing act. I'm with Energia d/n until end of Aug. I calculated that if I changed to Flogas now, it would cost me €165 extra for the next two months, including €50 fee. If the Flogas package disappears and I have to sign up with the next best package, it will be €800 over what Flogas would cost for the next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Has anyone got confirmation of the price in writing (or on a bill) from flogas for the bwg deal or the community plan ?

I had left energia as my 8c night rate expired, joined the bwg flogas deal but had heard nothing from them except a generic joining email, I had contacted them for confirmation of the rate but never got a response so I went back to energia when they offered me 22c night and €50 credit. Having no communication from flogas left me unsettled.

Im in the same boat as @Comer1 , the flogas community rate would save me €720 a year on the night rate alone ..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Yep, it's on my bill, 29.99 fixed 24hr rate. Why is everyone doubting that they'll get it? If it was going up to 60c per unit nobody would doubt it wouldn't be on their bill.

Yeah I've gotten 2 bills so far, rates look correct

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Thanks Lads, appreciate that info, looks like il make the move 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭mailforkev

I’m on the 28/8 Energia plan until September so it’s good to see that rates are coming down a bit.

That 33/14 plan also would help save a few quid by me only needing to buy a smaller tub of lube than I budgeted for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭poker--addict

there is no usage limits on the flogas deal?

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

• Registered Users Posts: 5,599 ✭✭✭obi604

I was on the brilliant energia deal up until 16th May (Day: 27.43, Night:7.89)

Signed up to the Flogas deal on 16th May (Day 39.85, Night: 19.31) - this was as good as I could get at the time

Then the BWG Flogas deal appeared around 16th June (Day: 33.38, Night 14.75) rang flogas call center and they said NO, could not do this, said I was willing to pay 50 exit fee etc etc, answer was still NO (was past the 14 day cooling off period)

Essentially trying to move from one deal on flogas to another better deal

So I just chanced it online via the link on 16th June and seemed to go through, got a generic email on the same day saying

"Thank you for your application to switch your energy supply to Flogas. You will receive a welcome pack in the next 14 working days. "

However, nothing on it since.

Got a mail on the 22nd June saying bill was ready, this is from 16th May 2023 to 19th June 2023, only 1 month etc but still the more expensive rates

Anyone in the same boat as me? Im not sure if I will move to the better flogas rate or not

Post edited by obi604 on

I'd say you're on the bwg rate since the 19th. Do the meter readings you submitted on applying tally up with the one month bill? An earlier poster did what you did for his father and it went through ok.

good call, actually they do.

On the online webpage form I did for BWG - the bill has the meter readings I took on the 16th June

So hopefully I am indeed on the BWG one from 19th June.

I guess there is no real way of knowing until I get my next bill

I wonder will I get hit with the 50 Euro exit fee 😶

Hi All, signed up to the BWG rate and switched over so all good.

Im getting solar installed next month, sizeable system with 20 panels and 10kwh battery. Unfortunately I a VW home charger installed instead of a Zappi.

I since have changed to a model Y and my question is would it be worth spending a grand or so switching out a perfectly good charger to avail of trickle charging from panels that the Zappi offers. Or is it best to save the 1k to let car charge at night rate and sell back excess to grid. or let it charge on solar as a part of the house load during the day. (Could lower the power the Tesla is pulling perhaps?)

I have free charging at work but I generally need put 30kwh in her to cover weekend. This free work charging could come to an end at any time so would be great to have a cheap system in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭joe1303l

It might not cost that much to swap out for a Zappi if you sell the VW unit on DoneDeal when it’s been removed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Zappi minimum charge rate is 1.4kwh so its not really trickle charging, at least not compared to what a zappi does for your immersion. I would yeah switch the car down to 6A and with your amount of solar, give it a try for a while. With a little planning I think you'd frequently have enough excess

Thanks ya, selling Vw would be worth a try.

I think I’m spending enough so willing to see how I get on without zappi. And if work charging goes completely I’ll make the move

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

Has anyone signed up for the Flogas community offer successfully? Seems a bit too good to be true!

Their standard fixed rate is 37c for electricity only on 24 hour meter, the community one is 29.99.

Shouldn't be any issues with trying to switch right? Worst case scenario they don't accept it and I stay with Bord Gais?

I'd give it a try, if they refuse you'll probably be put into the basic fixed rate and then you can switch again within the cooling off period

I managed to get the BWG offer without supplying any proof, so I can't imagine the Community plan will be any harder

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

Probably very stupid question, but for anyone who has signed up with Flogas online. For the meter readings where it is like the below. Did you put in the total electricity meter reading and then the night reading or the day reading and the the night reading?

Day reading in the first one, night reading in the nightsaver one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭fafy

Watch yeere bills on Flogas, if they make an error, ring the Sales Team, not customer service, to get it actioned/corrected, and remind them of their “customer charter”, eg, if they make a billing mistake, they give you a €30 credit, alas, they only made one mistake, on my gas bill !

https://www.flogas.ie/assets/uploads/customer-charter-natural-gas.pdf

Post edited by fafy on

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

I applied for the BWG deal and got the usual welcome etc emails but then received the following on Wednesday:

Hi ,

I am writing to you about your application to FloGas as the tariff I which you have chosen dose not suit your electricity meter, I have attached below an imagine in which will suit your electricity meter for the tariff in which you applied for, Please let me know if you wish to go ahead

I am on a smart meter with a flat rate. As I am no expert I asked the sender to explain why my meter isn't suitable but unsurprisingly I have received no reply. I have a smart meter costing the same unit rate all day. Before I make complaints can anyone here advise whether their info is correct or is it simply a bluff to avoid allowing me on the cheaper plan? I don't think I even submitted and info regarding what meter I have. Naturally the suggested plan is more expensive than the BWG one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Gooser14

What’s the MCC code shown on your bill. Is it MCC01 or something else?

Advertisement