Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ admits paying Tubridy €345,000 more than declared

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Where did I mention Sorolla anywhere? You called me an idiot for a post nothing to do with Sorolla. Look back and read the post you quoted. It is post 15046

For a professional communicator his explanation lacks focus, structure and clarity or maybe thats on purpose like the financial web of companies involved in this scandal.

It appears he did not know that he was entitled to €120k for completing his 5 year contract. I personally find that incredible and also goes against his alleged greedy persona. And most certainly NK's value system. Not to mention irresponsible as a director of Tuttle productions.

Noel had to remind him of the €120k it appears. RT decided not to take the €120K without offering up a reason or explanation that I know of. RT is suggesting here that he declined said €120k bonus like a gentleman (why didn't he donate it to charity?). That implies he communicated this to RTE thru NK I assume as he is RT's agent and best friend. I assume from what RT is saying that this was done in a professional and formal manner like a signed letter. Thanks but no thanks I feel shocking guilty already about my salary. I doubt NK was excited about that at all. His cut I assume was in that €120k also - maybe €12k.

So after RT declined €120k for unknown reasons it appears RTE published he did take the €120k. Why did RTE report he did except the €120K if he had formally declined it. Very strange. So RTE reported he did take the bonus of €120k and nobody appears to have corrected this massive accounting error. RT, NT or RTE appear to have just ignored it. €120k just floating around there unaccounted for. RT/NK have no correspondence to prove they tried to correct the situation to the best of my knowledge. (always paper the deal says I)

This again is odd because if he had accepted the €120k it would be on Tuttle Productions books and he would have paid some form of tax on it I assume. This is my understanding of the situation which is open to scrutiny and modification here in this very thread. If he had not taken the €120k then Tuttle's bukes would prove that also I'd imagine in the period of 2020/2021.

Basically a very complicated (thats RT/RTE/NK's modus operandi - to over complicate and confuse) €120k payment story could have easily been explained with Tuttles' bank Statement/Audit or accounts for that specific period in 2020 or a solicitors letter/email declining said bonus dated 2020. I might be wrong of course.

Did he take the €120k? GOL knows.

Tubridy has been called a psychopath here.

Seems to do a good job disguising it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭lbunnae

Who called him a psychopath? Scumbag yes. But he fits that definition perfectly " a dishonest, unkind, or unpleasant person".

• Registered Users Posts: 20,085 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

the self importance you display is quite something, apparently there are an army of super fans out there that pm, sms, whatsapp, email you etc so as to inform you what posters you have put on ignore are saying (negating the ignore function), you then deign to remove them from ignore to reengage.

I know you are really enjoying RT's demise but you also need to understand that not everyone shares your deep dislike and you certainly dont come across as unbiased. Given how quick you are to take offence i can only imagine what evil he did unto you.

• Advertisement

I think Stanely was trying to undermine NK by insinuating his leap into Show business is questionable and not the traditional or formal corporate ladder type of graduation or progression. I read hearsay on these boards that it was alleged he was suppling adult entertainment in a powder form to "the stars".

With all due respect, you put me on ignore because we disagreed.

Now you want to converse and ask me questions. You can't have it both ways. I respect you as a poster/person, and respect your points (even if I don't agree with all of them). So, if I am still on your ignore list I think it's best we leave it; if not, I have no issue debating/responding.

Being outraged online is like having a wãnk in the toilets in work after breakfast.

It might feel good at the time, but soon you’ll realise you are just fücking yourself, you now feel spent and empty, and there’s a long way to go yet.

We all know a scumbag is more than just a hint of dishonesty or unkindness. Pretty much every person can (at times display negative traits like these), but that doesn't mean we are all scumbags. Scumbag is reserved for a real nasty piece of work!!!

Labeling RT a scumbag is way OTT, but on this thread, not at all surprising

And please, don't give me the troll nonsense for this view

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Wow! I get the impression you're speaking from experience here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,502 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Former RTÉ Board Chair Moya Doherty and former Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of RTÉ Breda O’Keefe have both declined to come before TDs tomorrow in the latest grilling of RTÉ executives

They should be forced to attend, same for Dee Forbes, compel them all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭lbunnae

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Sorolla

How many posters on this thread have actually read the 39 page document supplied to the committee by the witnesses yesterday?

i have read every single page.

Could explain forthcoming absenteeism on the morrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭ZookeeperDub

It’s not overpaid, it’s what is agreed

The problem here is payment been hide from the public

Not payment revealed…remind me what Tubs started on at the Late Late?

It's from RT, so no matter what is in it, it will be shot down to bits....that's the attitude! Some people want him absolutely buried alive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

It is overpaid in my view, surely they could find anyone to do the show for less than 8.3k an episode, plus they gave him an extra 20k “settling in” payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Field east

His contract re employment Fr services was for the LLS and his morning radio show .he broke the contract when he announced that he will no longer present the LLS unless his contract treats each as a separate piece of work and accordingly puts a value on each andthe can ‘ resign from presenting one while not affecting the presentation of the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,888 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I agree with the other posters saying that this is a nothing story. I mean, after all, this thread has only had over 15 thousand posts in less than three weeks.

Hard to call it yet but I think one episode of Kielty will help people understand why he should be on more than tubs

If he drives extra advertisement it would be worth it

No he broke the contract but the RTE team seem to suggest they have a verbal agreement in place to keep him on for radio

• Advertisement

his contract is in the 39 page document starting at page 18.

Read the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,480 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Its notable that the people who take issue with this scandal discuss what was said in the hearings and the facts in the public domain.

The Tubridy fans don't do that. They don't discuss or rebut anything shown. All they do is keep repeating that there is nothing to see and that everybody else is just looking to be outraged. Thats all they offer to the debate, over and over and over.

We might take these idiots seriously if they actually had something to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Hungry Bear

Below is my post on the end game with Ryan. I think any commentator will find it balanced.

You on the other hand are always trying to come up with some stupid analogy, usually involving w*nking, backlogs of sewage in Croke Park on Saturday and such toilet and sexual innuendo humour. You call people mouth breathing morons, oddballs, pale, male and stale, underachieving, extremely stupid, life's greatest losers, pathetic, oddball nerds and that's only the start of it.

How you don't get a reprimand is truly a mystery. That post about your salary, and telling people you have a job, we all have jobs and are secure enough in ourselves not to post our earnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,139 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

And they were offering €50000 or so all told in expenses but Kielty waived the offer! RTE really drive a hard bargain :)

RTE should have made some of the monies conditional on ratings \ ads sold \ sponsorship imo.

The entertainer will also receive a one-off payment of €20,000 (£17,279) to cover pre-production and rehearsals from now until September.

"The contract allows me to submit flight and accommodation expenses but I’ve waived this," said the Northern Ireland-born comedian.

"I’ve made it clear to RTÉ that I will be covering my own flights and accommodation costs.

https://www.bbc.com/articles/c809206kwelo

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

True enough although a lot of the posters cropping up here are the same ones that crop up in the anti Joe Duffy, anti vaccine, anti immigration threads! But hey it's an outlet for them I guess.

So its 09:30 tomorrow and not the afternoon?

At the end of the day, we the posters on boards.ie are sad losers.

we voluntarily give our time to engage in arguments with complete and utter strangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,085 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Rebut what, RT and NK gave a comprehensive account yesterday from their POV and i have to say it has been far more compelling than anything else offered, tellingly the ex cfo no longer wishes to speak before the committee nor does the ex chair.

as for your last sentence it appears you are another poster with a self importance complex, if you dont agree with us you are an idiot, nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Field east

Better use the term ‘Withdraw services’. RTE would use the phrase ‘Your services are no longer required’

A better word would be ‘withdraw ‘. If RTE wanted to end the Employment for Services contract before the end of the contract for services , It would state that the services provided by RT are no longer required

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭satguy

RTE should just be a news channel,, and the wages at it locked at 90K or so for its top earners.

It should have no ads, and a license fee set at €52, Paid weekly with your PAYE, or stopped from your SW payments.

We have other channels to watch Fair City on..

One Sky News type channel with much the same quality as Sky News, only truly independent of advertisers, and working for us, the Irish people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement