Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Hearing rumours of a couple injuries that might sideline two starting players. We'd be in big trouble if missing either. Hopefully it's just AI jitters and lads losing the run of themselves with rumours and everyone is fit and healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Village87

One should make it the 2nd is more doubtful. 2 weeks is a quick turn around from semi to final.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

Care to expand?

Even by PM ... I haven't heard any rumours..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭blackcard

Did these players finish the match or were they substituted?

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Conversations 3

I heard it too, one more than likely gone.

Be a big loss if so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Two weeks is not enough really…what’s the big hurry to get things done?…ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Jesus lads who are the players supposedly injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Kilkenny has a stronger and higher quality bench than Limerick. Lyng and Co have managed substitutions expertly for timing and number during the campaign. There must be fringe players chomping at the bit for a start. Bar TJ I wouldn’t fear for any missing starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

Lawlor/butler/any of the ballyhale lads would be a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

Hard to know where we stand..I do think we were better than both galway and clare but could easily have lost both after squandering comfortable leads..that being said we are improving as the year goes on

Limerick also seem to be peaking at the right time and may steamroll us completely which is a worry..

And yet part of me thinks this might just be our year..

Limerick won't panic but neither will we..if we can start well and not have any 10mins period where we go completely out of the game..

Pressure is all on Limerick..we essentially have a free shot..lose and its Limerick are exceptional/ lyngs 1st year..

Our puc outs are crucial..give limerick the ball and you don't get it back

I realise I'm probably incoherent but that's where my head is at all week.

Hopefully they can hurl out of their skins and get a result

It's the hope that kills you

• Advertisement

Jaysus I don’t know….we’ll need them all for Limerick. Hopefully both will make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

One rumour I heard was blanch. Not sure why lads won't say, these are all only rumours, you're not going to injure any of them by saying it. Hopefully it's not true anyway, he had a tough outing the last day but has been fantastic all year, and I don't think we would be in a good place at all in the half back line if he were out.

Anyway it's the time of year for constant panic and rumours, unless you hear it personally from someone in the camp you can probably disregard it. Setting that aside, the short season means no team ever really gets a full starting 15, limerick certainly haven't, we have been very lucky on that front compared to other teams. Course we can afford injuries a lot less than limerick can too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭me89

I hate this crap on here, why say anything at all if not going to mention the names. Looking for attention.

Tbiggertycome isn’t that kind of poster, one of the best on here to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭me89

Yes fair enough, I didn't even look at the posters name but they are definitely not like that. Hopefully all are fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭briancoolcat

Well they have it on kilkenny local radio about Blanchfield being injured anyway they didn't name anyone else. I don't know why lads like the cloak and dagger stuff on here but anyhow if Blanch is not in for the final it scuppers my hopes of him marking Hegarty and limiting him compared to last year.

Who can fill in for Blanchfield?

He was having a great year and all, hopefully he'll make an appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Butterbeans

Anyone any idea what the injury is? Don't recall him coming off due to an injury on Sunday or did it happen in training the other night?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Todd_UnctiousGael

John Keenan is expected to be named as All-Ireland senior hurling final referee.

The Wicklow man, who took charge of last year’s extra-time Munster SHC decider between Limerick and Clare, last took charge of the All-Ireland quarter-final between Galway and Tipperary in TUS Gaelic Grounds last month.

Aughrim clubman Keenan also officiated this year’s Waterford-Clare and Tipperary-Waterford Munster SHC round games in Thurles as well as the Antrim-Dublin Leinster opener in Belfast.

In the Allianz Hurling League, the former Wicklow hurler was the man in the middle for the Kilkenny-Cork semi-final in UPMC Nowlan Park.

In previous years, Keenan refereed the 2019 Wexford-Kilkenny Leinster final as well as Limerick’s Munster SHC opener against Cork last season. He also supervised the Limerick-Waterford All-Ireland semi-final in 2021 when he sent off Peter Casey.

However, the suspension was later overturned on the basis of video evidence and the Limerick forward lined out against Cork in the decider.

The July 23 game could be Keenan’s final senior inter-county game as he will hit the age limit of 50 in 2024. However, there are suggestions that the cap could be lifted due to a shortage of elite referees.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-41182516.html

• Advertisement

He has some issues with his lungs apparently? Sounds like a strange one if true.

Post edited by Charlie69 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Apparently he got a knee in the back during the match on Sunday which affected the lung.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Marrooned

Apparently David got a punctured lung which can happen to people with his sort of build , it happened to Dicksboro’s Aiden Nolan in a county semi-final a few years back. If this is the case he will definitely be out.

He might recover from a collapsed lung in time, that's what I heard it was, but would be very tight with 2 weeks to recover

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Neewollah

There is no way the chap will be medically safe to play with a punctured lung. Very unfortunate for him and the team. Very good all year. Had a couple of tough moments in semi final but had some great turnovers at important times too.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭hogans heroes

Hopefully he will be fit as he was excellent last year when he came on.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Butterbeans

See David Herity has stepped down as Kildare manager. He put in a good stint there starting in 2018.

He did a good job with them over the years, pity it ended with Kildare slipping back down to Christy Ring after a strong league.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Yeah he seemed to be making huge progress but the McDonough is such a tough, unforgiving competition, the margins between the teams are very small so without doing all that much wrong you can find yourself relegated.

A few flags starting to emerge now many more needed passing Glanbia HQ not a flag in sight, they should be doing massive promotions. This is very poor support from a billion euro company who just a few years back we’re questioning were they getting value for money.

• Advertisement

Could David Herrity fall in for management or a coaching roll here.

Advertisement