Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ admits paying Tubridy €345,000 more than declared

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭archfi

And that's the new, shiny, squeaky clean management who are going to clean (and clear) things up!

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

O'Keefe was definitely hiding stuff. Her 'best form of defence is attack' act was telling. Now she is unavailable...the redundancy was a nice little bonus

Where is O'Leary??

Murphy is right. We are being mislead. We need the key people attending and answering honestly.

Zero accountability is inevitable.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭lbunnae

Not even just inside Rte , his agent is fcukcin Noel Kelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

There could be 100 years of these committee meetings and will never get to the bottom of it because Forbes, GOL, BOK and NK have repeatedly lied and will never tell the truth. They are taking the p*ss at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

O'Keefe had an air of "I can't believe I'm being dragged into this when it all happened after I left" in her statement and answers. Now that air has a whiff of bullsh*t in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭forumdedum

I could never stand Dave Fanning and indeed his taste in music most of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The best way forward would be to legally pull them all in for questioning at the same time, by actual independent investigators/auditors (ie. not Mattie Mcf*ckingGrath), not public, and actually get the f*cking truth. And everyone submits their documents/emails weeks prior and there's no "I have an email stating X and I'll make it available to you all later"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

If RTE want to be a transparent and trustworthy organisation, they have to censure Dave Fanning for his now deleted tweet.

It's clear NK is orchestrating some of his clients to firefight for him on various fronts. This has to stop now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

The RTÉ debacle was caused by Ryan Tubridy’s greed. He demanded more pay, while all around him were suffering pay cuts. He directed his agent. And his agent found a way.

Trying to satisfy RT’s demands has cost several leading mgmt in RTÉ their jobs and/or their reputations.

RT and NK colluded with RTÉ mgmt to hide this deal because he knew publication would damage his reputation.

He claims ignorance of all RTÉ mgmt did to boost his income.

RTÉ mgmt bent the rules and misled their own board.

Post edited by evolvingtipperary101 on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

I’m not buying some sort of conspiracy theory here- I think that post was simply Fanning being Fanning - nothing more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭CH3OH

The clip running at the moment about the visit of Aaron O' Shea is heart warming

There is something in my eye

• Very stupid Tweet by Fanning who is also managed by NK

• Registered Users Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭squonk

It won’t happen but I think even a 3 year old would see that there are questions of fraud and deception here. Fûck the committees at this point. Make enquiries official by handing the matter over to gardaí and revenue where people are compelled legally to attend fur questioning and to provide all relevant information to aid investigation with serious repercussions if they don’t.

• The government and the minister need to step into this. Asking RTE to fix itself is a bit aspirational. It has huge inertia and it's very unlikely to drive any kind of radical reorganisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

That's not change though, it's just rearranging the deckchairs. They'll want it all to blow over and then gradually get back to their cosy ways.

Of course, lower paid staff are not to blame and some sort of public broadcaster is desirable, even if they are inevitably used as an extension of the government press office at times.

Restructuring should be delivering a far higher level of corporate governance and accountability. Get rid of these agents, hold interviews and let presenters apply for full or part time positions with fixed hours and fixed pay at appropriate levels. Dispose of 2FM and orchestras, the latter being a throw back to decades ago. Sort out a funding model, personally I'm not opposed to paying a licence as it ensures that they be kept on their toes compared to being bankrolled by money straight from other taxes. But An Post need to be taken off the job and collecting same given to someone who will do it efficiently and promptly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Dave Fanning showing himself lately as a nasty snobby man.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Diamond Joe Quimby

O'Keeffe wad being lauded on here last week for being so impressive LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭inajock

So much dishonesty, fraud and greed. Criminal charges on the way for our betters. Paying for their own taxis to and from the courts will stick in their necks. Mountjoy won't spin this croud in a few hours.

2FM was created by RTE to compete with pirate stations that were popping up in the late 1970's.

Is there still a need for 2FM as it is not being run properly and sustainably.

RTE either close it down or sell it off and if it is sold off you will quickly see DJ's leave as reality kicks in with the new owners who will stop paying bloated salaries. What other station in Ireland would like to have the 2FM breakfast hosts on their roster?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭claregal1

Alan Kelly has mentioned the tweet from Fanning

• Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

PAC requesting all related emails and correspondence - RTE legal giving two fingers, in a polite way.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,330 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Bakhurst looks absolutely hopeless

The great Rory Gallagher track Bad Penny springs to mind.

Its Renaau..not Renaaalllttt.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Diamond Joe Quimby

There was only a 2 page snippet of the contract. There is definitely more to that contract than 2 pages and I'd be staggered if RT and NK left it open that if by chance he left the LLS, the contract would cease for the radio show as well. There will definitely be clauses and conditions in addition to what has been given to the public.

Yep RTE and NK plus his clients are a crowd a messers.

Renault have spent millions sponsoring the LLS and still no-one can pronounce their name correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Will_I_Amnt

If you're wondering why RTE accountancy numbers are so 4ucked up, it's encapsulated by the claim that 150 is approximately 15% of 1,800 employees!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement