Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You've been looking in the wrong direction, the dangers are coming from the Left - read OP

Options

Comments

Where's the catch?

Incitement to violence is an action, not what someone thinks.

There is no hypocrisy, only consistency.

Of all the attempts at a Gotcha! against me on this thread, this example is the very worst I've come across.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,364 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

You've been the victim of more than one gotcha: concerns about trans issues in the curriculum, for a start.

Now, how about you answer the previous question about how exactly Baker gets a "free pass"?

Sorry if this feels like you're being hounded, but it's only fair considering the amount of posts you make that deliberately try and mix left, far left and trans.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,730 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Why is any criticism of anyone on the left automatically scaremongering?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 notnattynate

A logical but resplendent question, I fear will be succeeded by illogical and detritus retaliation.

In all fairness, there's a,difference between criticism ans scaremongering and link-dumping extremists is not criticism.

Im happy to accept and debate valid criticism, as I have done with you in the past, when it's presented.

@notnattynate - sorry to disappoint you, but again, dismissing a respons as 'illogical and detritus retaliation' before you've even read it is not criticism either.

if anything, it itself as an illogical and detitrus retaliation.

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

You say that but when I have presented you with detailed information in the past I've been accused by you and others of scaremongering.

On evidence, the notion that you are happy to accept and debate things hasn't been borne out, at least on this topic.

Eventually you're going to run out of road when you're defending the indefensible, so why not just forego the entire exercise?

The idea that sharing qualifying information on a subject is scaremongering is anathema to rational discussion.

Glazers Out!

On evidence, the notion that you are happy to accept and debate things hasn't been borne out, at least on this topi .

We both know that's an automated attack.

I've debated and shot down plenty of badly taught out arguments. Just because you disagree with me does not mean I haven't debated.

I don't get involved in debates about far left elements because- what's the point? I generally agree with.the sentiment. It's the motive of the poster I've questioned.

Failing that, feel free to bring up a left - and not far left - issue that you think is a threat amd that ill disagree woth - and and let's debate it.

And I trust you not to link dump. Not your style I fairness.

Will likely be tomorrow before I get back to you though. I'm an hour ahead of you and have an early start tomorrow!

°°°°°

Feel free to bring up issues?

I've done that and it's always the same response.

I've been set upon for presenting well thought out arguments on this thread, it would seem that the better thought out your argument the greater the amount of vitriol you can get expect in return.

The positions are entrenched and the battle lines drawn at all times. It's no wonder there's so little room for compromise.

Post edited by nullzero on

Glazers Out!

The left want me to blindly plug my brain into the collective hive system and accept with complete conviction their whole belief system in it's entirety, if I you know use my own individual thought system and decide I don't agree with one or several of it's beliefs I am ostracized and even a very real risk of losing employment.

If a left wing person doesn't agree with an issue that people on the right believe in they aren't persecuted for their thinking this thought and don't run the risk of losing employment.

See the difference?

For example if said at work in the canteen last month during pride month that I've had enough of lgbqt and think trans are going too far, biological men have no place in women's sports, we need to protect kids from abortions, trans strip shows and permanent hormone replacement, I would be called transphobic misogynistic and many other buzzwords, when my only concern is that of wonderful defenseless children. I would be called to HR and be an outcast if even had a job to return to.

If I said to hell with God and Jesus because the Catholic church should rot and I hope Trump and republicans die because abortions are healthcare, white people suck and black people can't be racist, I would prob find people agree with me and no visit to HR would ensue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

People like Sarah are viewed as the cutting edge by many of the activists in the struggle against women and with the history of extreme violence to back it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Yowsers.

Thats some persecution complex you have there.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,509 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

All save the children nonsense too. Apropos to that a 14 year old committed suicide this week because they were denied access to healthcare. I await the performances and virtue signaling condemning the inhumanity Noah was subject to.

Yowsers indeed, being frightened of ostracization for merely expressing science backed beliefs in a western society in 2023 shows how much we have digressed.

The lunatics are running the asylum.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Ahh here, where are you going with your merely expressing science backed beliefs? Whether or not your beliefs are backed by science isn’t relevant, it’s the expression of them in the workplace is what’s likely to see you ostracised, for inappropriate behaviour.

Who do you think would want to be around that sort of lunatic? And I’m not referring to the specific beliefs, I’m referring to the idea that anyone would think they’re appropriate. Smallest bit of cop-on would tell you that much before you have yourself convinced you’re a pre-victim because everyone thinks you’re a lunatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

"Whether or not your beliefs are backed by science isn’t relevant"

Sure jack let's conveniently brush the science aside for your benefits and take the debate to where you feel more comfortable.

No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭nachouser

Since before you just joined with your new account to troll?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

No, it’s not brushing aside the science or anything like that. Look again at the examples you gave, in both cases -

For example if said at work in the canteen last month during pride month that I've had enough of lgbqt and think trans are going too far, biological men have no place in women's sports, we need to protect kids from abortions, trans strip shows and permanent hormone replacement, I would be called transphobic misogynistic and many other buzzwords, when my only concern is that of wonderful defenseless children. I would be called to HR and be an outcast if even had a job to return to.

If I said to hell with God and Jesus because the Catholic church should rot and I hope Trump and republicans die because abortions are healthcare, white people suck and black people can't be racist, I would prob find people agree with me and no visit to HR would ensue.

In either case you’d be likely to be ostracised, if not shown the door and don’t come back, because of your behaviour, not because of your beliefs which, I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest most people would rather you kept to yourself as they don’t want to listen to that crap.

For what it’s worth, I’m a practicing Catholic and the people I work with are a mix of various religions, faiths and none, cultures and beliefs. We’re all working in the ‘fintech’ sector, all educated with degrees up the wazoo, all with backgrounds in science and engineering.

They found it odd at first when they started (I hired them) that I wear a plain white shirt, black trousers and tie to work every day. The dress code is casual attire, but that’s what I’m comfortable in, and nobody bats an eyelid once they’re used to it, no different than nobody bats an eyelid at my work colleagues who wear the hijab. We all talk all sorts of shìt, latest on Netflix, sports, religion, education, culture, arts, travel (I don’t travel, don’t like going abroad, but I’m interested in where they’ve been or are coming from).

I can guarantee you that if you came out with that shìt you’re using as examples above - the first time people might look at you a bit odd, second time I’d take you aside for a quiet word. If you persisted in your behaviour, you’d leave me with no choice but to expedite your dismissal from our employer, because there’s a code of behaviour which you will have signed as part of your employment agreement, which you’d be in violation of should you choose to persist in the sort of behaviour you’re describing. Everyone has the right to a safe working environment, including you, but if you make it an unsafe working environment for other people, then that’s entirely on you.

It’s nothing to do with your employer’s values. Employers will generally regard anyone engaging in the sort of behaviour you’re describing as a liability, and when it gets to the point where you’re more of a liability than you are an asset to the employer, they’ll be looking to manage you out of the organisation.

You’re still not a victim, unless an employer has not followed due process and you’ve been unfairly dismissed. Employers are much more careful about that sort of thing though than they used to be, because they don’t want to be paying out compensation when they failed to follow their own disciplinary procedures or failed to act in accordance with employment law.

Again, you disagreeing with me is notcevidencecof your claim and unless you give me something to work with, I can't really debate this

I'm.not saying they arent valid issues, but what do they have to do with ypur pre emptive responce to nullzero's post?

• Advertisement

°°°°°

I'm not expecting you to debate anything.

Reflection would be more appropriate.

Glazers Out!

Yes and this one proves my point: you've pre-empted how 'the left' is without evening raising the issues and then gone on a scaremongering rant - just as you pre-empted the responce.

Reflection on what?!

I can't debate or reflect on anything unless you specify something!!

Post edited by Princess Consuela Bananahammock on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,997 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

When trans activists constantly, and dangerously irresponsibly, push the narrative that you can either have a trans child, or a dead child. That "gender affirming" care is life saving, is it any wonder that young, confused children kill themselves, when the people who claim to support them keep telling them it's this, or suicide, no other options.

the people who claim to support them keep telling them it's this, or suicide, no other options

Does this actually happen?!

°°°°°

I did specify something.

I asked why is any criticism of the left automatically labeled as scaremongering?

I asked that question to the thread, you responded, and as a poster who uses the term scaremongering quite regularly on this thread it's possibly not a crazy idea to reflect on why you would use that term even in situations where criticism is valid.

I'm guessing this has gone as far as you're willing to take it. So we can park it here.

My point remains though, not all criticism of anything/anyone on the left is scaremongering.

Glazers Out!

Yes, it's all over social media.

Activists go even further to argue that a "genocide" is being exacted against them.

This is irresponsible, reckless language that needlessly inflames the situation and increases the risk that some young people will adopt it.

The latest systematic review into this question debunked the dangerous myths ventilated by many trans activists:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,791 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Considering only yesterday you told someone they said trans people didn't exist and refused to quote where it was said.

I don't think you are in any position to make that statement to anybody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,509 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Conjecture. Provide evidence. Are you prosecuting the parents of kill g their child? Wow. That’s sick. I hope you have evidence for it.

Advertisement