Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swell Season

Options
  • 13-07-2023 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

I am going to go to this in Vicar Street either this evening or tomorrow evening. How do I find stage times. GIgs are usually on at 9 in vicar. However, someone at work said main gig could kick off at 8. Is there any proper way to know for sure. I see on Vicar St website it says that doors open at 6.30. But doesn't say if there is any support or not. THanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kj72

Support act on at 8 played for around 35 mins. Swell season on at 9 and played until 11.20ish. Great show. Look out fir a new glen/marketa song called ‘the answer is yes’ a real highlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

That's brilliant. Thank you so much. If it was 8, it wouldn't suit at all. But 9 is perfect. I can make it by 8.30. So if it goes on till almost 11.30, it will be a great nights entertainment.

I will check out that song you mentioned. I was having a look at the setlist there - lots of tunes I don't recognise. They must be playing a lot of new songs for a forthcoming album? Anyway, Hansards gigs are more about the occasion and nice songs, as opposed to having to know every lyric of the songs. Must throw on youtube at lunch time, and catch up on some of the newer songs and the covers that they play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Wow. That was a great show. Some entertainment.

If anyone here was at it last night, was that Christy Dignams grandkids that were on stage for Crazy World at the end. I missed the lead in to the song.

Advertisement