Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Biden closes gun control speech in USA with 'God save the Queen'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,357 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

As I said:

'Man with speech impediment flubs 'volodymyr' with 'vladimir.' Story at 11. But first, is your air fryer spying on you for China? Don't go anywhere, we'll be right back'

/walks off set

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Durtynell

Just had a thought as I mentioned on some other site on this here net as to this croaky spoken cur.

He like me of same age only now know who murdered his uncle...

Just why one could wonder has it taken him so long to become educated in world politic.?

My thought of course is as he is just one more cur herb in soup of of our world who are cookerz of our world...

Some ol Russian somewhere were once intone of control of both sides of conversation. Oh wait as he was not Russian...

Russian is not the enemy of our world...

Our Western world, our spawn .gov is the real enemy of our world of fourth estate liarz...

• Registered Users Posts: 33 notnattynate

You are not wrong, the Democrats would probably have impeached him for a third time or who knows what number of faux impeachments they would be on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Greengrass53

Ffs all they have is Joe leaving a tad early and calling vlod vlad. Oh dearie me,

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tobesure

Joe could **** on someones face and people would come here saying he has a speech impediment.

His speech impediment is a stutter. Stutters have trouble getting the words out of their mouth, not trouble with getting the right words out of their mouths.

• Advertisement

Biden denies that he currently suffers from a speech impediment as a reason for his gaffes.

Either Biden is telling the truth or you are accusing him of lying; or that you know more about Joe Biden than Joe Biden.

I tend to trust the former.

This was pointed out to you before but you keep reeling out the same falsehoods, knowing perfectly well that Joe Biden is, to put it at its mildest, not as sharp as he once was.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,874 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

More easily debunked lies.

Former Vice President Joe Biden opened up about his lifelong struggle with stuttering on Wednesday, offering a rare lengthy and personal reflection on how it has affected him, even to this day.

Biden said at a CNN town hall Wednesday he “still occasionally, when I find myself really tired,” catches himself stuttering.

“It has nothing to do with your intelligence quotient. It has nothing to do with your intellectual makeup,” Biden said. He said he thinks “part of it’s confidence” and that he has to “think in terms of not rushing.”

“You have to break it up, because you get so nervous,” he said.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

More falsehoods.

In the video I quoted, Biden says that his stutter is no excuse for the gaffes he makes; the very excuse reeled out on this thread whenever Biden makes a gaffe.

When Joe Biden disagrees with your excuse, I would suggest that we listen to it.

Or are you also calling Biden a liar, too?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tobesure

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Unflushable Turd

• Advertisement

Vlad, vlod. Another random whinge about counterfactuals thanks.

Another post that’s a day late and a dollar short while accusing Biden of being a day late and a dollar short. Laughable:

““Vladimir and I … I shouldn’t be so familiar,” Biden said during a press conference in the Lithuanian capital, appearing to catch himself seconds after the blunder. “

• Registered Users Posts: 30,628 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The last time you posted this slur, I posted expert commentary to the thread explaining how yes it can lead the wrong words coming out. It can lead to phrases being repeated.

You didn't engage with it.

It's a confidence building story Biden tells himself. That's not the same thing as a lie and you know it.

You wanna talk about lies and fitness for office? Let's start with Trump thinking he has presidential immunity to molest women. Or he can declassify documents by magic. Is he lying? Deranged? I don't know but he is clearly unfit for office.

https://truthout.org/articles/report-archives-has-proof-trump-knew-he-couldnt-declassify-docs-on-his-own/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Poster would prefer not to reply or engage in points where their hypocrisy can't be escaped. The fact that they can't actually engage in any discussions is also laid bare repeatedly.

It is so transparent.

Trump claims he has magical powers to declassify documents by waving his hand. But that's not a sign of anything wrong with his brain or fitness for office apparently.

He is found liable for sexual assault and defamation in a court of law. He continues to defame the woman in public. Words with actual consequences. Then tried to claim presidential immunity! But that's not a sign he is unfit for office. Apparently.

but but but Biden mixed up a word!!!

Desperate stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,874 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

It's only desperate if you look at it logically.

Everything the Trumpsters say is in bad faith. It's only meant to shut down criticism of Trump and nothing else. It's what they've been doing for over half a decade and it's their go to tactic every time he mocks a disabled person, sexually assaults someone, gets impeached, attempts a coup, push anti-vaxx crap, etc.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I rarely agree with you but I've gotten into the habit of saying Vladimir Zelensky too, so I can't really blame Biden on that one. Vladimir rolls off the tongue easier.

I've done it at least twice since the start of the war

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

They believe that Carroll was lying during the trial and trump was innocent because Carroll was smiling after the verdict was delivered.

Yes there were shameless victim blaming posts on this forum alright. Every aspersion they could think of is thrown against her - just as we see the same scurrilous attacks here on Biden.

Of course when it comes to Trump it is see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. In fact, to distract from his 'evil', because it is so hard to defend such obvious malfeasance all they are left with is attack of others. No matter how flimsy or transparently partisan such an attack is.

Regardless, even if Trump is innocent - and a court of law says otherwise; to repeatedly defame the victim in public after you lost the court case takes a special kind of dysfunction.

• Advertisement

The evil is the point. It's why they love him. He does and says things they only wish they could do. It's why they were happy to vote for him in greater numbers despite him having done nothing for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

Dysfunction is one word for it, but monkey see money do when it comes to his supporters.

Of course when it comes to Trump it is see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil. In fact, to distract from his 'evil', because it is so hard to defend such obvious malfeasance all they are left with is attack of others. No matter how flimsy or transparently partisan such an attack is.

QFT. 'He's not crazy, YOURE crazy, you have Trump Derangement Syndrome!'

It's only meant to shut down criticism of Trump and nothing else.

You do realise it's possible to be critical of both Trump and Biden!?

Or are you saying Biden is effectively a papal figure, infallible and not subject to criticism?

It's not Manchester United versus Liverpool, where people choose one over the other. That binary, juvenile approach to politics is unworthy of serious consideration.

Here we're talking about Biden's Achilles heel, not whether Trump has weaknesses. Hundreds of politicians have weaknesses, but so does the incumbent president of the United States. Whataboutery is a pathetically weak argument. In fact, let me correct myself -- it's not even an argument at all.

Let's put it another way, even if Trump wasn't running for the 2024 election, the criticism of Biden would remain equally as valid.

Its possible but you never are as is proven by your post history. A textbook litany of binary partisanship.

Unprompted criticism of Trump - zero.

So if thats the standard you want to apply - apply it to yourself.

You were still defending Trumps innocence even after he was found liable for sexual assault in court.

The only reason you are posting these nothingburger attacks on Biden here is to distract from Trumps Achilles Heel. Or rather the endless stream of them.

Capitol Riots. Sexual assault. Defamation. Using campaign funds to cover up an affair. Breaches of care of confidential documents. Election interference across multiple states.

I might have missed some - maybe you could add them if so. Purely in the interests of non binary, non juvenile, serious consideration of what you consider 'fitness' for office.

Against that you are here posting ... but but but Biden mixed up a name.

Its not a proposition worthy of serious consideration by any objective analysis is it?

Its possible but you never are as is proven by your post history. A textbook litany of binary partisanship.

Why would I spend my time criticising Donald Trump on a thread about Joe Biden?

Or are you suggesting that I post off-topic to prove I'm non-partisan?

Look, I'm sticking to the issue at hand here; in this discussion. You want to dilute the discussion by focussing on Trump, but that's as relevant as criticising any other former US president.

Utterly disingenuous answer.

You dont criticise Trump for those actions on the Trump thread. You defend him. Even when he was found liable in a court of law for sexual asssult you were still trying to maintain his innocence and cast aspersions about the victim who was vindicated by that court.

He opens his mouth to further defame the victim and you say nothing. But yet here we see 'faux concern' because Biden mixed up a name? Seriously? You dont think anyone paying attention doesnt see right through this pretence?

You dont defend Biden on the Biden presidency thread either.

So while it is entirely possible to criticise both you dont. And it is demonstrably false from your post history to misrepresent such a position as applying to you.

Given that there is already a Biden and Trump thread I see no reason why this thread shouldnt consider the fitness for office of the Presidential contenders eg RJK Jnr is a wingnut also.

Its entirely valid on this thread to point out the motivations and obvious partisan political agenda behind the scurrilous attacks on Biden here. For verbal gaffes that pale in consequence and comparison to Trumps actions.

Another reason why it is valid to mention Trumps conduct and your lack of criticisms for it is to establish your standard for fitness for office.

You are the one who made claims about 'binary' positions so your post history on Trump and Biden on this forum is entirely relevant.

So when you post here expressing concern over a Biden verbal gaffe it is entirely valid to point these things out to demonstrate its hollowness and obvious partisanship.

Even if someone defends Trump, does that mean the same person can never legitimately criticise Joe Biden?

This is childish!

Can I ask a straight question -- are you suggesting that only critics of Donald Trump can have legitimate opinions about Joe Biden?

Are you saying that criticism of Biden is only valid if that person has at some time criticised another human being (Donald Trump).

Because I hope you agree, that would be faulty reasoning.

Have you dropped all pretence now and coming clean as a pro Trump poster then?

On this thread I have challenged both the substance and motivation of the criticisms. It is entirely valid in political debate to point out double standards.

It is entirely valid to point this out when those making them pretend to do so from a supposed 'neutral' stance in an attempt to sway readers to conceal the flimsy nature of the criticisms. That is not a legitimate position.

Only critics of Trump can make claims from such a stance - and you are demonstrably not one of them.

If someone thinks an 80 year old is too old and applies that standard regardless of party that is their opinion. I have seen zero evidence however of anything indicating that Biden is unfit for offence. Not a shred of real evidence.

So the accusations are without merit (when obviously partisan) and without foundation (no real evidence).

So it is entirely valid for me to post the view that there is an agenda on this thread to sling any mud at Biden however flimsy or scurrilous purely to deflect from Trumps far worse conduct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

We can talk about all politicians on this thread, there's no restrictions, you don't need to keep cowering behind Joe Biden for protection.

I see truss is doubling down on her catastrophic budget and making a fool of herself in the process.

Dorries has been caught pressuring people for a peerage and still hasn't followed through on her resignation threat. Some sort of mega-gaffe happening there.

DeSantis own staff and backers are resigning and saying he's making them look stupid, not much of a threat to Biden then:

I worked with a Volodomyr who called himself Vlad for short.

Advertisement