Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Ljmscooter

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

Just finished reading this… doesn’t exactly answer your question. But I agree with a lot of it.

(Breezy may have posted this before. He does rather like a linkey)

Tequila will do that to you… she’s unmerciful.

Ok had a few drinks tbh, but it's been a while since I met someone and we just talked for like that. Helps that she was absolutely stunning and I could not keep my eyes off her.

Look we shall see, maybe in the bright of day Its not to be but I had a bloody good night , so it a win.

It's the small happynesses for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭raclle

• Advertisement

Yeah last Sunday malahide cancel is back on this Sunday

Looking forward to that as I have been talking to her on phone for 3 weeks and she's lovely also

Like buses man !

Ye all told me to push with the actress last weekend and that flopped so I'm nervous of first post date contact !!!

☺️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I haven't had much luck on the dating apps specifically, but its easier to meet people now because there are more options. Getting a relationship with someone you really like is the tough part.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭YellowLead

It wasn’t because you messaged her too soon that she declined 😊

Id be expecting a message the night of a night out to see if I got home okay and to say he had a great night. If I didn’t get one id be a bit worried but eagerly awaiting one the next morning. If zero they day after id be disappointed and even if I got one the day after that id assume he was playing games and it would put me off, though if I heard nothing myself id text him myself just to put me out of my misery. Don’t wait too long!

Hopefully there are both not awesome and into you or that will be tricky. I had that before and felt awful, had to let one guy down because I met the other first and I felt bad because I had a few dates with both. He didn’t understand because we got on well and we’re attracted, I had to say I wasn’t ready and kind of ended up ghosting him, not exactly but essentially. Still feel bad about it. It’s put me off multi dating - though it’s very rare you meet two people where there is mutual attraction. I suppose if you don’t let it go beyond more than one date with either it it happens, it won’t be so tricky.

Ah no I know...😁,

We messaged each other on our separate ways and when we got home.

Going to drop her a line shortly

Post edited by Ljmscooter on

Ah I miss understood. Excellent :) Panic over 😂

Im hoping @[Deleted User] will come along with some moralistic insights to multi dating, he has all the linkage sorted ;-)

I now have two different dates tomorrow, My day in Malahide, then night drinkies,

like buses, and also make hay ? - next week there could be a drought in this tiny pond im in..

hmm - last night D has read my message and no reply.......

I love day drinkies on a Sunday but not night ones…

Look, enjoy the multi dating - I did all that at the start and of course it’s fun. But when you happen to meet two awesome ones at once who both like you it’s horrible. Chances of that are slim though (not you specifically just in general)

What time did you send it? Maybe she’s driving? Or could be out doing a yoga class where it’s east to read and not reply. Don’t give up yet. I do always put off letting somebody down though, sometimes by a few hours, hate it. But like I said she could just be busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gary550

I think now you're fighting the illusion of choice now which is a lot to do with apps and maybe in part to social media.

You meet another person and something trivial which would have been overlooked a few years ago is now cause to keep swiping because there is a seeming sea of people there.

I think OD and meeting people can become a bit habitual too particularly if you enjoy meeting new people, it's a means to window shop or browse rather than actually ever having to commit to buying something.

The statistics on single people would also suggest online dating hasn't done anything positive.

It doesn't read like a no to seeing again 🤔

"Ah you’re too kind, I also had a lovely night, sorry for the excessive chatterboxing 🤣

Was thinking it might be handy to meet for a coffee in Blanch sometime if that’s handy for both of us.

(I Deleted some stuff here )

catch u later "

Or is this friendzone ?

• Advertisement

Reads friendzone to me, but some people are different. Eg did you ask her on a second date and this was her response? Or you didn’t and this is her way of gauging your interest?

The double use of the word handy would irk me 😅🤣 and the u.

Fuss arse, me

I just said some preamble about the date, and then that I'd like to see her again,

Ah sure I'll see what happens...

The grammar I'm excusing as I know she's on the move heading to croker 🏐

Edit

Actually chatting now, she's wants to see me again also , so positive vibes .... Yay

lol fair on the grammar.

I just don’t know - if it was me and I liked a guy I wouldn't be suggesting ‘a coffee sometime’ that’s for sure. BUT everybody is different and maybe she’s one of those move slow cautious types. Maybe she’s shy?

But my money is on friendzone since she said sometime rather than soon.

Cool, ignore the above so! Goes to show everyone is a different communicator 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

The devil on my shoulder was pushed off by another and more evil sexy devil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

Was at an event with my bro today and a fella I spoke to and unmatched on Tinder was there.... talking to my bro.🤣 Turns out he's a mini Connor McGregor type - swagger an all, not in a good way - I died. And he had up he was 6ft but he's about 5'7, like a good head smaller than me. Why do men do this? He said nothing at all and I just avoided looking at him in case it looked like I was checking him out or something. But then he came over to us talking to my bro again, like I genuinely dunno if maybe he just didn't remember me or was ignoring me too, ha. I'd unmatched just cause the chat got boring and the last thing he'd asked me was what I was at for the night at like 11pm on a weekend which usually means looking for hookups. It was before I got full on chatting with the other guy (who's still amazing :) ).

Aw man, what a day. Now my energy quota is done and my body says no so I'm chilling for the night.

Yeah the height phenomenon is fascinating. I’m a tall girl so it’s always hilarious. When I say 5”11, I’m not joking and going on dates with lads who are “6’2” on their profile and turning up to see they are shorter than me - 5’9-5’10 always makes them squirm 🤣 men are quite inaccurate with inches and measurements.

Sounds like he was trying to get in the brothers good books 😉

• Advertisement

I think I met the first raging misandrist in my life on a dating app the other day. It was an extraordinary experience.

It was more like somebody who was mentally on the edge and all the tensions or whatever of life were channelled through a prism of hatred of men. She unmatched, and launched into a massive tirade against men. Alas, I had already given her my number so this tirade was in WhatsApp. I ignored her and she came back to "talk" to me and said the reason she unmatched was because she didn't want to be reported to the website as "men always do that" when she "speaks her mind". Ten minutes into some semblence of normality and she went off on another extraordinary attack so I had to ask her not to communicate with me again. I was wondering why she has been single for the past five years, and I think I might have had the answer. I felt genuinely concerned for the 5-year-old son she was raising on her own. Such parental anger, resentment, bitterness is a prison sentence for a child.

People need to let the past go when it prevents their own future. This is a no-brainer. It is utter poison. Listen to Elsa's 'Let it Go!' from Frozen, or read an extensive, quite enlightening, book variant on the same concept by Michael A. Singer, The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself

Advertisement