Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Feed In Tariff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

Think the deemed FiT was only available for folks with the existing D/N meters, Mystica has a smart meter.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭MYSTICA1

NC6 was submitted by installer in December. It seems that SSC don't pay you for exported energy unless you go on a smart tariff..

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭HotSwap

I would double check that with ESBN to confirm that they have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭DC999

Don't give up, I reckon you gotta be paid if you've been in a smart meter since them.

Step1 is NC6 needs to be confirmed as in place by ESBN, and ask them the date it was submitted. So either get a copy of that confirmation email from your installer (I did that) or contact ESBN directly via email. I asked our installer for a copy as heard stories here it was never submitted for some people

2) Then contract CRU asking them to confirm you're eligible for FIT on a smart meter but not on a smart tariff. You've got to be afaik. CRU ask for your MPRN and replied to me in a day or so (but am on a different meter to you). I used a form on their website.

3) Then contact your energy provider with the response from CRU asking for the credit. They can't object once it's in writing from CRU. And include the email confirmation of the submission date of your NC6 from ESBN. You're entitled to FIT from the NC6 submission date or date you joined them, whichever is more recent.

Note for all: CRU confirmed to me in writing that I don't get FIT while on a 24hr meter. Reply below

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the Commission for Regulation of Utilities (CRU).

Please Note: The deemed quantity is applied to customer waiting on a smart meter installation to replace a Day /Night Meter. As such, the deemed quantity is not applicable to you as you had a 24 hr meter.

MCC01 (24 hour meter) – eligible for a smart meter

MCC02 (day/night) – not yet eligible for a smart meter

Regarding 24-hour meters - as they are MCC01 meters, it’s always been the case throughout the microgen scheme so far that those customers would only qualify for the export payment when they have a smart meter installed.

This is because MCC01 customers are/have been eligible for a smart meter for some time now.

Customers who have day/night or other meter types qualify for the deemed payment, as their meter type is not yet eligible for a smart meter exchange. 

We hope this clarifies matters for you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.​

• Registered Users Posts: 43 gg3390

I'm struggling slightly with the filling in of the NC6 - would it be ok to DM you about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo101

Hi all, i have 1759kw exported from 08/05 to 09/06 but the energy provider are paying based on 879KWH.

It's exactly half...is that because esb take reading in 30min intervals?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Have you got a smart meter? if you don't then this is an estimated number based on a formula based on your system size.

Hold on a minute!! you have exported 1759 kWh in one month!!! what is your system size??

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭oaklands

If you are getting the 1759 form the HDF file from ESBN then you need to divide the half-hourly figures by 2.

At least for import numbers. I presume the same for export.

1 KW for 30 mins = 0.5kWh...is I presume the logic.

Thanks, yes it's from the HDF file. That makes sense, just wasn't sure...in any case 879kwh for the period is great to get back.

Takes about a month for the cheque to arrive once you change provider. I left S@@

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭MYSTICA1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Hello All,

I had a 6kw system installed yesterday. My supplier is BG, I was looking at how I go about registering for the FIT and it appears I have to commence a new contract with BG, anyone able to confirm if I have interpreted this correctly. Thanks

No I was only with them a month. I got a support credit of 35 euro which offset the early termination fee of 50. Jumped on the f@@gas offer

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

Your installer should send an NC6 form to ESB Networks informing them the details of the system installed. As far as I know your supplier will then be informed by ESBN.

If you have a 24 hour meter you won't be entitled to FIT, if you have a day/night meter you'll receive a fixed fee which is determined on the size of your inverter and if it's a smart meter you'll receive a certain number of cents for every kW/h exported (how much depends on what your supplier offers).

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

The form has been sent on by my installer, I have a smart metre but I'm not on a smart plan. When I looked at the info on the BG website it seemed to imply I had to register with BG for a microgeneration plan to get the FIT

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

ESBN should register for you, basically they tell BG that you're now a generator and have exported X kWh to the grid

If you aren't under contract then I'd recommend shopping around for suppliers. I believe BG have a pretty mediocre rate and only pay out twice a year, whereas other suppliers have better rates and pay out every billing cycle

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭DC999

I don't believe you need to be on a smart plan to get FIT. Just to have the smart meter.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Anybody here on Flogas - I'm currently with EI and the rates with the new flogas offer are far better, just a quick question - I have a day night meter and am currently getting deemed fit on every bill, do flogas give your fit on every bill as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Moreilly

That's great, thanks for that, couldn't see the info anywhere !! :)

They usually pay the FIT every 2 months with the regular billing cycle

However that creates a wrinkle if you send in readings every month, they won't send you your FIT on the same cycle

If you email them requesting your FIT payment then they'll send it out every month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Gerry

Got a statement from SSE in the post for the 1/2 year FIT payment which had already been received. Can't stop progress I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭alexf1

I got a statement from SSE for the CEG (FIT) payment too. It's got 10 payments listed from date of Smart meter install on 7th of March 2023 until 30th of April. Some payments say Metered Export, some say Deemed Export. Deemed export (5 payments) are all for a duration of 1 day with a figure of €1.18 for 4.8960kWh. Other payments range from €10.81 to €92.68 with between 2 and 26 days of generation. Must be errors with the ESB data when you see that occasional glitch. This is a tad worrying. For the first 'Deemed' day on the statement my actual generation was 37.41kWh, of which I probably used 5 or 6kWh myself as it's a weekday. If my export amount was 30kWh I should be getting €7.20, but I only got €1.18.

Is it that the Smart meters are not that smart? Does the correct figure exported ever get uploaded to the ESB. The figures for the next payment seem to pretty close to expected export for the 5 days listed (75kwh generated with 55kWh exported), then another 'Deemed' export day followed by lots of data I can't check because my wifi router broke so no data on the app. Only got that sorted on the 6th of May...

Anyway, my Smart meter shows the correct export amount. Surely there's a way for that to be uploaded or read in an official way and corrections made or will it be just lost forever in the ether?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Jackson22

You can sign up on ESB networks website to see your export/import for the smart meter

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭millb

I think this only shows recent "1 or 2 weeks" information and limited prior readings (4 consumption per year) that do not include Export?

It'd be nice if ESBN would provide a way to scrape the data from the smart meter yourself so you weren't reliant on their website

There is a way; but it’s not available here. There is a spare port on the top left of the meters for a HAN adapter it uses something called the eBUS protocol.

In the UK some of the energy supply companies give out in home displays (IHM) in home monitors to allow you to see your consumption in real time.

but if you Solar you likely already have a CT clamp on the meter tails; so your already recording any import and export.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭oaklands

I believe its called the P1 port...relatively simple/isolated serial I/F with very limited 5V supply provided.

I asked ESBN to activate the port for me in Feb, but answer was no.....check back later.

From memory it outputs near real-time very useful info.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

IHDs are coming in the final phase of smart meter rollout apparently.. hopefully that means you'll be able to obtain the encryption key for the P1 key.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭alexf1

It’s madness that we can’t get access to that data from the Smart meter now but hopefully it’ll work in the future.

When I downloaded the data from the ESB website I got over 7000 lines of near useless stuff. Date line is just filled with hash marks. Has anyone a quick way to make sense of it? Like an excel formula?

Advertisement