Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taylor Swift - Aviva Stadium June 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Jizique

I thought there were over 10k in the queue, and everyone can buy 4 tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

There was at least 13000 in the first queue, I’ve read people being in the 6000s and ending with with tickets still, so if everyone bought 3 tickets there’s 20,000 tickets sold. No idea what the queue situation was like for the last date. Did people try and fail at all 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Not all 10k got tickets and a lot only getting 1 or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The amount of people in the queue is unrelated to the amount of tickets available. There could be ten thousand in the queue for an allocation of 500 or 500,000 tickets. Being in the queue doesn't guarantee a ticket, it's merely your place in line to buy 1-4 person who tickets from a pool of x tickets.

You can't read queue numbers and discern anything from them. People in the queue may have bought one ticket or four tickets. People may have bought no tickets if they didn't like their allocation.

Any sort of mental gymnastics to figure out how many tickets were sold or available is pointless. We'll never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pepsicass

Really? You think my daughter who is a huge fan for over ten years is wrong for getting a ticket in Wembley and one in Dublin? She has always wanted to go to London for a Taylor concert, we had tickets for Hyde Park but Covid put an end to that and she also really wants to see her in her home country.

Look online and see the amount of people trying to resell tickets the same day they bought them and you'll see where the problem really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

That’s why I averaged it at 3. Most people buying 2,3,4 tickets and not 1.

You can certainly discern an upper limit on tickets sold.

Well, other top threads here seem to be warning about the need to reduce our emissions and the danger of global warming, so many would see travelling to London for a concert as frivolous travel, especially when one also has a ticket for a concert in Dublin - I suppose greed, consumerism and a "mé féin" attitude are what defines the current generation

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pepsicass

It's the events/gigs thread we're on here though. You could say I suppose that all travel to a concert (flight/car/train/bus) is adding to our emissions for a "frivolous" reason.

There is no greed or mé féin attitude about my daughter. She is a young girl who works and studies hard and is very excited to travel a little and see her favourite artist next year. Well deserved after all that Covid took from her. Won't be commenting on this further.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

Alright Karl Marx you do realise we're talking about going to a completely frivolous 3 hour pop concert here, not debating the right of access to clean water or shelter?

The tickets to this gig cost €200 because people (perhaps stupidly) are willing to pay €200 and the gigs still sell out and are a raging success for the artist and promotor (who are in the business of making as much money as possible).

If people are willing to pay €200 or €300 or €500 for tickets in 10 different cities well good luck to them. Sure you can call it being greedy but if I don't get a ticket life will go on. Berating people for what they do with their own money in their own time and assuming the role of the climate police reeks of jealousy to me, which is at least as disdainful as greed.

• Advertisement

Relax everyone, just trying to be a bit provocative and spending too much time reading the climate fanatics on some of the weather and farming threads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭Zardoz

According to their webiste the max service fee is 7.75 so this 10 euro fee seems naughty.

Ticketmaster's Service Charge is 12.5% of the ticket cost with a minimum of €1.65 (Republic Of Ireland) or £1.00 (Northern Ireland) up to a maximum of €7.75 (Republic Of Ireland excl. Packages) or £6.00 (Northern Ireland excl. packages) including VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭srmf5

Absolutely delighted! I managed to get front standing left tickets for Saturday. I'll give the two tickets in the nosebleeds to a friend who was waitlisted. She is thrilled to be able to get anything.

i seen some comments saying there is still tickets for Sunday? Some getting around the 4 limit too

Yes still seats and front standing left for Sunday.

The amount of VIP tickets for the tour on the European leg is huge.

Alot of people who werent initially chosen to buy have been invited to buy the unsold VIP packs and have their wallets cleaned out.

Any guesstimates as to how many tickets remain for each of the three dates?

Whatever is left is only what's left in that presale allocation, not what's left in those sections overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭ergo

Was it an option to get physical tickets posted (for those successful) with obviously the added shaft of the "gift packaging" fee....?

Unfortunately we've no idea. Usually for other artists its around 10% but for TS it's hard to predict. If I had to guess, I'd say it's likely around 10% too which would be about 18,000 (or maybe a tiny bit more) tickets of the ~180,000.

• Advertisement

Definitely more that 10-15 percent.

The days of artists only reserving a small percentage for presales is long gone, they often try to sell as much as they can in them.

Often there is nothing left for general sale.

Not saying that this is the case here though.

It's not long gone. I've participated in plenty of album presales in the last few years and the allocation is always small. It's usually the same as what the 3 mobile presale gets (when it's a 3 venue).

Artist presales are a bit different but this isn't that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Yeah would say for Taylor the album presale is 10-15%

for 3 arena shows

the promoters pre sale is always biggest allotment

3 mobile is about 5% of tickets

Artist can be between 5 and 10%

• Registered Users Posts: 42 onefish

I'd love to know how many were available in the presale. For the first Wembley show, I was in the presale waiting room. Put into the queue at 11am. 27,500 in front of me. Thought I had no chance. Was moving forward slowly, and after one hour five minutes, I got two seated tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

This week all Irish Swifties go to war and only the strongest will survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Fanirish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 louiser21

Hi guys i got 4 tickets during the midnights presale any idea if i can buy one more ticket in the general sale or does that exceed the ticket limit ? I really do not want anything to happen to the tickets i already have as its all on my ticketmaster account I have one friend who now wants to go see her but they didnt sign up for the general sale on time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

My understanding is that it's four tickets per Ticketmaster account, regardless of how you acquire them, so if you've already bought four, I wouldn't risk it. That's my reading of it.

I got four on the presale. I'm on the Waitlist for the general sale and I won't be buying any more tickets if I get the invitation to participate.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Advertisement