Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,082 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Yeah Google never bothered to get the WiFi calling working for any network other than Vodafone.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

This reboot was done to finish a software update... Maybe that's the difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

FYI this was fixed with the latest beta update last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

It does NOT persist software updates, so you will need to apply any time after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Bit ridiculous but I guess I'll put up with it for now in the hope that Google roll out the features natively

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I bought my phone and case from Google a year after most and now have the warping issue that lots reported 12 months ago. Think I'll get in touch as others did as you would expect more from a £25 official case.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I noticed a few days ago that I now have Wi-Fi Calling with my 6 Pro on 3 network.

I'm guessing it happened with the most recent update?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

How do you know of you have wifi calling?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭beardo81

Anyone getting affected by this issue? It's happened my Pixel 6, 2 profiles. Main profile showing as 0 storage remaining, when I have 20gb free.

Can't update apps, see any on device files including photos, view any photos sent on WhatsApp etc.

Google seem to be ignoring the matter (publicly anyway)

Really really bad form, as bad or worse than the radio issue that left me with no cellular reception for a month last year.

• Advertisement

If you haven't updated to Android 14 yet, please DON'T.

If you have, and have multiple profiles, don't restart your device or let it go dead. That seems to be what triggered the issue on mine, but looking at the forums it's happening regardless for other users.

Reports from Pixel 7,8 and Fold owners too of similar critical issues from A14.

Disgraceful from Google to release software with such a major bug, then not to patch it immediately compounds the sh*tshow.

is that the same as having multiple accounts active? I have a Gmail accounts and a Google apps account and also a work profile setup.

Not sure but from what I've seen online it seems to be users with users with multiple profiles on the device mostly affected. If you look through the Issue Tracker linked there are varying experiences and bugs from this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Ryath

Not noticing any major upgrades with 14 but haven't actually looked into it much.

No issues battery life seems to have improved significantly.

Was tempted to upgrade to 8 Pro but think I'll wait for the 9 Pro now unless I see a very good deal on an 8. Hopefully they bring the optical zoom to the 9 put probably unlikely as it's one of the bigger differences.

biggest thing for me is being able to put the flashlight as a short cut on the lock screen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Damien360

I'll seeing WiFi disconnects on my pixel 6 and wife's pixel 6A. Both on android 14. Turn off WiFi and turn back in sorts it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

I've got the standard Pixel 6 and have been hit with the dreaded boot loop problem after the Android 14 update, I haven't got multiple profiles on the phone, anyone else had this and found a solution?- https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/305766503?pli=1

I'd love to be able to just rollback to Android 13 but I believe that's not an option on a non-rooted device😥

I have that update ready to go on my phone. A bit anxious about it now, given your issues.

When did you install? I read through that link and it seems that the most recent installs are working OK.

The strange thing is I did the install around 2 weeks ago and the phone was working fine, it wasn't until 4th November that the reboots started. If I remove the SIM the phone stays stable but if I put it back in a few mins later the reboots START again, I've even tried other SIMs and had the same problem.

Post edited by Movie Maestro on

I'll update mine tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.

• Advertisement

Installed ok, no issues.

Thanks for letting us know.

OTA Update (looks to be the same as the November update) has fixed the storage issue. Very badly handled by Google, they really have awful customer service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭opus

Since I killed my P6 (by falling on it while running) I've got a superfluous Caseology Parallax case if it's of use to anyone. If you cover the cost of postage I'll stick it in an envelope & post it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Peck3277

I'm thinking about buying a 2nd hand P6 Pro for about the 250-300e, is it still a good phone for the price point at the moment? Or would I be better off putting a bit more cash together and going for the P7?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭opus

I don't know about the P6 pro but I had a P6 & the connectivity was noticeably worse that the old phone I had prior. Kept dropping back to H+ from 4G meaning streaming radio would pause for a while, I even saw Edge a few times! Turning aeroplane mode on/off normally got it back on 4G but that was a right pita when you're jogging. The P7 was supposed to have been much improved but I can't really say.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Antipathetic

Post edited by Antipathetic on

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Antipathetic

This may not be an issue directly related to this phone but has anyone else noticed Google's Voice to text has gotten a lot worse recently?

Unfortunately At least on Android, nothing comes close to Dragon's Naturally Speaking, which is only available on PCs.

Anyway, I have now replaced Google's voice typing with "Futo", which is an open source voice to text app. which I can now highly recommend if you are looking for an alternative to Google's voice typing. Although one downside is you can't see the text being typed in real time, so you have to wait until it completes to see the output.

All of the above has been typed using FUTO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I've started using voice to text again recently and have been impressed with the success rate...

Advertisement