Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,556 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

MTG-MAGA’s MVP this is real 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 19,422 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I, for one, couldn't make it to the end of this video..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Harika

I love the Trump peace plan. ""I know Zelenskyy very well, and I know Putin very well, even better. And I had a good relationship, very good with both of them. I would tell Zelenskyy, no more. You got to make a deal. I would tell Putin, if you don't make a deal, we're going to give him a lot. We're going to [give Ukraine] more than they ever got if we have to. I will have the deal done in one day. One day," Trump responded."

Reality:

Selensky to Putin: Lets meet, meanwhile you leave Ukraine with your troops

Putin: hm no

Trump: ehm, I have the best plan, the bestest of all ..

Even on the twitter the Maga heads are turning away from Trump, I see a lot that feel betrayed over his vaccine stance. Cannot see him energizing his base or the swing voters in his direction. Biden would love to run against him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,363 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You tube video:

Interviewer: what do you like about Donald Trump?

Trump supporter (eyes glow with enthusiasm) Everything, he makes me feel safe, you can trust him to tell the truth.

Interviewer: everything? give me one example

TS: er...well...you've put me on the spot, but I like everything about him.

No specific example was forthcoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,607 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Probably because the vast majority of the time that appraisal of Trump is posted, it's either a) not backed up by any reputable facts, or b) minor and inconsequential to the discussion in order to deflect from legitimate serious on-going issues of far greater weight and pulling the thread down a rabbithole.

It's the equivalent to never posting on a thread about a stopped watch, and then the two points during the day when the watch is the right time, rushing in to praise the watch for being right, accusing people of having WDS, and claiming victimhood and persecution that everyone is pointing out the idiocy of those posts and that "You can't even have a genuine discussion about a stopped watch being right twice a day around here!" before storming off for another 12 hours until 11:26.29 rolls around again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,363 ✭✭✭✭looksee

And yet another Trump support post without a single actual fact in it. No 'well he did this, it was a complete success' just whinging because no-one agrees with your stance, even though you can't clearly state what and why your stance is.

I don't care about the group-think that you claim happens here, my opinion is what it is because the man is dangerous, venal, an insecure braggart -not good in international relations - and a liar. He lies about stuff that is so easy to disprove you wonder why he bothers, then you remember that his followers only watch stations like OAN and get their news from twitter threads and his rallies. Yes, most other people here are of the same opinion - you have not given us any reason to change our minds.

Post edited by looksee on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,554 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

This.

I'd add that a massive part of the problem is that the MAGA types have wedded themselves so tightly to Trump that they can't appreciate that he's flawed or makes mistakes, even in the sense that this applies to every single human being. Therefore, the claims about Trump are always patently untrue and we don't even need to ask for a source to see that.

Nowhere was this more obvious than the claim about covid and the following comment that 3 million Indians dying would be a "nothing story". Even here in the UK, Boris Johnson was defenestrated in large part due to his actions (and inactions) with covid. With Trump, any criticism whatsoever is taken as an attack and is met with hysterical shrieking, nonsense claims about cancel culture and whataboutery.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 45,403 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

It's the laugh of a man that has no sense of humour so he laughs in the wrong places or creates a laugh where he thinks people expect him to be laughing.

All very disturbing and , as you say - Creepy.

It's part of his public persona, in the same way that Jimmy Carr and Graham Norton fake their performance laugh.

Tucker is a performer first and foremost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,433 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

“One book, titled ‘Snorting Cocaine is Totally My Thing, Dude!’ By Eric Trump. (And a swedish-made penis enlargement pump)”

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Tell me - What value is there to an Opinion News Presenter in manufacturing a laugh that brings to mind a creepy child molester?

What audience is he targeting with that then?

Do you have even the slightest hint of a shred of evidence to back up that frankly ridiculous claim?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Hoop66

HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST HE IS A CHILD MOLESTER! etc etc etc

There's nothing surprising about it.

We could say the same about Donald Trump. He builds a persona and presents that persona to the public. Some of it is legitimate whereas other parts are confected.

We can agree or disagree or like or dislike that presentation, but it's undeniable that public figures that prominent with the public often deliberately curate an image / presentation.

Entirely not the point.

Of course people have a "public persona" and for some that persona is vastly different to the person they are in Private.

But that's not the question at hand.

The question is about his creepy child-molester laugh - A poster noted its oddity and you leapt to his defence to claim that it wasn't his "real" laugh but a created one just like apparently Graham Norton or Jimmy Carr (claims you also make without any evidence).

Now , when challenged to provide any evidence that he is deliberately using a fake laugh in Public you deflect with the above nonsense.

He has a creepy laugh , he has always had a creepy laugh - even before his original persona morphed into the far-right provocateur one that he uses today.

Why you feel the need to always run air-cover for all these guys I will never quite comprehend.

Neither of us can definitely prove or disprove the claim.

But I think it's far more likely that it's adopted for persona reasons as there is a great deal of precedent in this area.

But even if it is a fake laugh (and I would say it's at the very least over-exaggerated if not completely fake), the point would still be, that's the laugh he chooses to do.

How does it add to his persona? Jimmy Carr and Graham Norton at the very least have to act like something is funnier than it is because they're comedy programs. What do you think Carlson is trying to convey with his laugh?

The only one "making a claim" is you.

He HAS a creepy laugh - That is a statement of objective fact.

You and only you are trying to claim that it's not his real laugh but that he has decided that instead of whatever his supposed "real" laugh is he has chosen to use a very creepy and disturbing laugh as a means of "something" as part of a manufactured Public persona.

If the comment made was "Tucker has a really warm laugh , really makes you want to laugh along with him" would you have felt the need to leap to his defence and claim that his real laugh that none of us have ever heard is something totally different??

Somehow I don't think so , you seem to have a reflexive need to try to deflect and obfuscate any and all perceived criticism of those that align with your world-view.

Sure, we agree to disagree. If you want to continue this on the Tucker Carlson thread, I'm all ears.

But as this thread concerns Trump, I'll have to leave it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,710 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I think you could say alot of politicians and personalities are performers.

They have a public and private persona, which are often very different.

Most celebrities are absolute bums yet people worship them.

Hey hold that thought Trump is a bum....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,433 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

He dad can I bum a million dollars

Hey Milley can I bum the military and seize the voting machines

Hey NARA can I bum some documents

Hey its Donald Trump personally emailing you first_name, can I bum $1, $5, $10, even $24? Hurry now for 1,400% impact! Did you see I'm being indicted crazy right

Definitely a bum

As we say in Dublin...

"Morto for your ma for having you"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,597 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Has his mom not watched any of his previous shows?

Morto for him though. Imagine your mam calling up your work, or sending a nationwide email, about your new job. And then saying that everything you have done to get tho this point in your career is the wrong way to act.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Jaysis.

Mind you, could make an interesting podcast, him and his mam discussing US politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I’ve had a look over the last 24hrs and all I can find it evidence that shows the opposite of what you claim?

Do me a small favour and post a couple of links that prove your point or maybe tell me what to put into the google search mechanism so that I can find my own?

thanks in advance…

I can't imagine Watters didn't have a fair idea of exactly what she might say, and is likely using it to show his credentials as someone raised by and with family who are democrats and anti-Trump, but Watters is such a believer in the GOP/Trump that he broke free from that.

Tend to agree , but if it is a form of "staged" event it's pretty infantile and pathetic.

"Look , I'm so hard-core even my Mom doesn't really like me" isn't the flex I'd be pushing to be honest..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭briany

That's nice. In the eyes of everyone else, he looks like a complete sap. A laughing stock.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement