Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frustration with NBI (Vodafone) and Pre-orders

Options
  • 17-07-2023 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi everyone - I'm looking for some advice if anyone can provide it.

I'm currently in a pre-order area for NBI. My current ISP is Imagine via wireless and I hate every minute of it. The service is dreadful, and support even worse.

My area went available for pre-order in June so I immediately got onto Eir and signed up. From the time I signed up I received frequent email communication from them with a welcome package and info on what to expect, etc. Then I got an account number and eventually an installation date for 24th July. Woohoo. I was signed up for the 1GB package and bummed that it was a 24 month contract, but I didn't mind too much overall.

Then, at the end of June a knock on my door. Vodafone representative. Nice chap, but I told him I had a preorder with eir and they'd given me an installation date for 24th July. He said look, we're starting installs in a week or so and he estimated my house would be installed within two weeks. He said the crews would be working the area at lightning speed and lots of neighbours had gone with Vodafone. So I sat down with him and had a think and I said fine, at least I'd be in a 12 month contract and not 24. I'd also get the second month free as an extra incentive.

He said the NBI backend won't allow 2 active orders - fair enough - and I'd need to immediately cancel my preorder with Eir. I said no problem, I'd do it immediately. And he filled out all my info on the tablet and said he put it all through and I should get an email confirmation within a few minutes. He then said that as soon as I cancel my Eir preorder, the Vodafone one will go through. I said great, exciting stuff, and on he went.

From there it has been a frustrating mess. Eir cancelled the preorder but it took a week for NBI to update, and Vodafone's order didn't go through until after that and I had to hound them on a daily basis.

The most frustrating thing is that I have had ZERO communication from Vodafone. Not a thing. No emails to say 'Welcome to Vodafone', no 'hang in there, it's close', nothing. I rang Vodafone and they said my installation could be anytime up until October. And when I explained what their own rep stated they didn't care.

So now I've got no installation date, no rough idea of anything and I can't even go back to eir because I'd have to cancel preorder with Vodafone and wait for NBI to update and do it all over again in reverse.

I'm so vexed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭Tefral

A salespersons job is to get you signed up. once you are in the system they get the commission. Thats just the way it is.

Ring up Eir and tell them you felts bounced into it and that you want to run with them and when could they install? are EIR even installing others locally? alot of the time they might have no control until KN networks or another contractor line it up

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Fatal Except1on

That's a good call, but unfortunately the NBI backend system is a mess and I'd need to cancel my Vodafone preorder, wait 7-10 days for NBI to update, then go and beg to Eir :(

It's a mess, and mostly my own fault. Has anyone had any experience with Vodafone orders and lack of communication?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Got Vodafone in a few months ago, took a week or so and got a date for 2 weeks later, no sign of any installation and a week later the dude rocked up to install. Done the install and said it would all be active in 24hours, took over a week of ringing them to get it connected after numerous people couldnt find record of my account etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Fatal Except1on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭Shoog

Vodafone signed us up and it took a few back and forths to get the actual install. It's NBI that schedule the hookup.

In the end I had to cancel after a week because they only allow you to use their crippled modem, no bridged mode available. Didn't play nicely with my home network and three of their modems simply stopped working. Would never choose Vodafone again and when I move house shortly I will be going with Eir who allow you to use your own modem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Eleusis

Another example of a door salesman telling you what you want to hear. Lesson learned (and for anyone reading this) never sign up to anyone for anything going door to door. . EVER.

However I think I know what you should do. Don't cancel vodafone as this will put you back to the end of the queue again and will likely have to wait another 4+6 weeks. Eir are worse than everyone anyway so you dodged a bullet there.

I'm surprised vodafone won't give you an install date over the phone. My mother in law did the same and got no emails or sign up date but was able to ring them for a connection date. I would contact Circet directly, give your name and eircode and they should be able to give your install date.

Advertisement