Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

Got my ID3 back yesterday with 3.2 update.Took 2.5 days .Originally went in for 5 days but battery was ok. Everythimg went smoothly. Got we connect and plus from shop. We charge was there this morning. Everything working smoothly and happy to see timed charging as i have night rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭afatbollix

So finally pulled the trigger and ordered a ID 3, I was looking at bigger cars but decided to start small and get a ID 3 for the wife for her short runs to work and around town. It was in stock so arrives in 2 weeks! They kind of gave me a great deal I couldn't say no so just snaped it up.

It was already in silver which I like.

In a true way, I just ordered without even a test drive, Never even driven an electric car so could be interesting for the wife..... Sorry I mean I will get it in the ear all the time from the Mrs if it doesn't work out.

Now to sort out a charger in a couple of weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

nice one, I’ve no complaints after 3yrs driving one.

Is it the face lift model you bought? I ordered one also but I’ve a 3month wait(factory order though)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I'm surprised the head up display doesn't support navigation with Google Maps as the driver display supports it, I would have thought the head up display could just mirror the directions used from that. It's cool to see but not entirely practical enough to warrant a €900 option.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

Driver display supports Google Maps if you're on Android Auto. It supports Apple Maps if you're on CarPlay. It's obviously a thing that both mobile software companies are doing (not supporting the other's app on their devices).

And, actually, the Apple Maps indications on the driver display do also show up in the heads-up display alongside the speed and such. But they don't show in the full augmented reality way that they do with the internal satnav. There you get these groovy arrows that move and look like they are pointing you where you need to turn. It's very flashy but I agree not worth €900 if that's what they're charging and especially not worth it if it doesn't work with my preferred navigation platform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭terrarev

I saw an ad for a Facelift id3 mentioning a "launch pack" added to the car. Can't find anything one what that is, does anyone have an idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

Dunno for sure but had a reversing camera,don't think it's official just dealer spesk

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

I’ve one in order, there was no mention of any “launch pack”.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭terrarev

Thanks, it's probably just dealer speak but I was wondering if there was some launch specific pack for the Facelift model.

Big improvement in brake feel on ID3 with 3.2 software.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

Collecting our ID3 later today. Looking forward to it.

Interested to see how it'll handle the trip from Dublin to Cork at motorway speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I'm collecting my Born today too, let us know how it goes on the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

One way trip, Fully charged it will do it no problem, I did Dublin cork return last week in cupra born with a 20 min charge at ionity Cashel on way there and way back, think I covered 500kms in the day. Had enough battery to do me for another day or 2 tipping around afterwards too.

I spent a good bit of time at 120+

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

The question is if it can be done comfortably without stopping to charge- keep us posted soarer and enjoy the pick-up, always a special day getting a new car 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

What issue did you have before?

I didn't notice any change to brakes with 3.2 update.

Maybe they did a service on yours at the same time and fixed a brake issue or something? Brake fluid change etc.

How do you check software version?

I asked the dealer to have 3.2 installed in the car before collection, and I’d like to check that they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

If the car is on v3.2 there will be an "ID. Software" tile appear when you click the home button (you might have to swipe to the second screen to see it). You click that and it will display the version you are running.

If you dont see the "ID. Software" tile it means you are on 3.0 or earlier as that tile didn't exist in earlier versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭bodgerfederer

Has anyone got the HV battery check done in or around Dublin? Frank Keane sandyford (nee deansgrange) tell me they can't do it.

No service or brake fluid change during 3.2 update. The brake feel when moving from regen to hydraulic was not for the faint hearted in some situation. Definately solved with 3.2. Loads of complaints on many forums about this. VWhad flaged this as been improved with 3.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

My car is currently getting it done at Joe Duffy on the M50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

I bought ID3 this time last year and it came with 3.0. The dealer told me there would be updates every 3 or 4 months but I am still on 3.0.

Is 3.2 getting rolled out over the air or what is the story with the updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭electricus

The original plan was an OTA 3.2 update, but there were problems for some cars.

There’s also a recall for battery module checks, they update to 3.2 at the same time. You will need to book it with your VW service dept. It usually takes 2 days but they’ll give you a loan car.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,291 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

The incompetence of my VW dealer never ceases to amaze...

After spending a week waiting for an email reply from the girl in services, I called up and found that she had left the company.

Then booked in for my 2 year service at the start of the month, and also reported my foggy front headlamp and my green fuzz on the front camera.

Called them this morning to confirm everything for Monday, and they've no record of the service or camera, and it's just booked in for the headlight replacement.

No clue if the parts are in stock for the camera. No clue what car I have booked for a courtesy.

They don't have the equipment to check for the battery recall, even though the previous girl insisted that they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

This is exact reason I sold mine and moved on. Spent way to much time arguing and double checking the dealer. Can't say I'm missing it.

Collected the car yesterday with no hitches.

Coach up to Dublin and taxi to Joe Duffy's. Whole handover process was seemless. They certainly know what they're doing!

PCP process was ridiculously easy when I ordered a few weeks back. Couple of questions over the phone, including how much my take home pay was monthly. No proof of anything required, or other monthly outgoings, and approval was granted within a couple of hours! If I'd known it was that easy, I'd never have bothered with the jumping through hoops of previous loans!

Anyways, they'd her charged to 94%. I'd asked for 100% for the journey home, was told they're only allowed to charge to 80% (not like @Padraig Mor's experience with his Born), but they topped her up to 94% in the couple of hours before collection. So cruise was set at required speed limits, pretty much 250km door to door, and arrived home with 19% remaining. Happy out with that.

She's certainly a step up from the 2008 Prius she's replacing!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Looks great! Well wear. Decent enough range as well for a long motorway journey.

Aye.

I've no fear of herself going anywhere in it, which is/was always gonna be the biggest concern. Have to leave it in ECO for her though, as she'd not be trusted in anything "sportier"! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 12,291 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Well the dealer must have been reading here...

Just got a call back. Confirmed camera booked for repair, headlight booked, service booked and they'll do the check to see if the battery module job is needed.

And I've got a Buzz for 3 days as a courtesy!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

That's because your moaner-in-chief, now that @Rusky rusky has a Tesla.

Advertisement