Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy this pre-built or build my own?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I would concerned with no reference to motherboard and PSU?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SilvaMuppet

Yeah.

WIthout that info they could be very limited on how they upgrade or add to the rig over time? (is there spots for an M2 SSD or at least to get another SATA one on,....what are the RAM slots like re expanding). One of the question answers notes the MB is proprietry for lenovo...so i'd imagine options are very limited on what you can do with it.

Equally, if its close to the bone on power consumption , anything they add (be it a newer graphics card in a while... or whatever) could be hard to do

Also, i didn't see anything specifying fans. If they're gaming (and with a 3060 that would be my assumption they are ) it could get hot in there. The graphic with the blue waves and red waves with the spiel "Immer schön cool bleiben" suggests it can manage the heat, but it suggests it might have a single fan at front ...(i'd assume one at the back also).....but is that it? and what is the heat sync on the CPU like.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

The image of the back of the machine gives away that the PSU is certainly not a normal standard like atx or sfx. The price isn't that good, you could buy better/standard parts of the same core spec for about the same price with how much you spend on the OS likely deciding if you are a bit under or over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

Perfectly fine for a pre-build and decent value.

I wouldn't worry too much about the PSU. It is non-standard in that model but if it supports an RTX3060, it'll be fine for an upgrade to a similar class, much better performing card in a future generation.

Also the motherboard will support a minimum of 32GB if not 64GB.

Talk of CPU heat sinks and overheating is exaggerated. These machines aren't designed to run enthusiast super cool, but they are designed for mass-market from a purely functional POV.

An RTX3060 and 12400F isn't going to generate colossal heat, as long as you have an exhaust fan which this most definitely would have, you are fine, and another can probably be added onto the side panel if really needed.

The 'proper' Lenovo Legion gaming PC's use off the shelf parts for everything but are a good bit more expensive.

Could get something like this which does use off the shelf parts.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ADMI-Gaming-PC-2400MHz-Windows/dp/B01GVMHZN0/ref=sr_1_11?keywords=rtx3060+pc&qid=1689850310&s=computers&sr=1-11

Advertisement