Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

“AEW: All In- Sunday 27th Aug 23 Wembley Stadium London

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'll be over in London The week before for The Weeknd in Wembley Stadium so for All Ins it's the earliest flight on Sunday morning and back Monday

A look around The british museum and AEW the only shows for me that weekend

The € to £ weak enough atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,972 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looks like it will be a 6pm start time

So if an AEW PPV is anything to go by it will be a 4 hour show so over around 10pm.

Would curfews be different for Bank Holidays over there ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,154 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

I'd imagine it would get a huge pop at first but could fizzle out quickly

Yeah I’d happily watch Goldberg come out spear and Jackhammer and pin QT and have it all over in 3 minutes.

Goldberg is a name no matter what anyone thinks of him he would sell a few more tickets which might just help make the show a full sell out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭rizzla

Hmm, watching rampage, match already set for All Out a week after All In. I guess you can read into that what you will.

Be frustrating if we ended up missing out on any of those guys associated with that All Out match

I'll be heading to Back to the Future myself that weekend (while All In is going on).

Really looking forward to it.

Nope, still 11pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Sting and Darby Vs luchasaurus and Christian at Wembley, fcuking belter of a match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Does day get his title shot at Wembley or the following week at the ppv.

• Advertisement

Fightful are saying NJPW are of the understanding Osprey will be fighting…

Chris Jericho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

April fools is running late this year I hope

Ffs I wanted Sting vs Jericho

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I’d say that will have something to do with……

Don Callis Family storyline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rodders999

I find it incredible how little hype AEW are giving this event. 75 thousand tickets sold, a seismic event in the company’s short history and yet we’re just a month away from it and there’s not a single match announced and there’s barely a mention of it on any of their programming.

Bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Hahahahahahahaha

theyre actually gonna treat this like a big house show.

wait for MJF/cole to be at all out and Wembley will get an exhibition triple threat with Punk

It does suck no matches announced but AEW do pull these things out of the bag generally.

Ospreay is at the revpro event so he is pretty much guaranteed, just shame if that's his opponent. Zach Sabre Jr. is also at the same event.

I'll say there will be some multi man spot fest match on the card. Originally I was thinking ladder match with the winner getting some title match at All Out but with the ladder match on Collision I doubt it will be that stip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I do see the ads for All In that are up at the TV show venues, which makes it strange they're not doing more for it. I guess the ads at the venues are just to get the buys since people attending the events wouldn't be attending All In in person.

While not the most exciting match in the world, it at least plays into 2 current storylines.

Ospreay owes Don Callis a favour and he's trying to rename the iwgp us title.

And I'll be honest, if

JAS or the inner circle reunite after Will steals the win and everyone sings Judas

That's your "Wrestlemania moment".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭endainoz

It's not a main event anyway so anything else is just idle speculation. That said, the do badly need to get the finger out and announce some matches, we'll see where the mjf cole thing goes on Saturday so should have a decent indication of the main event then. Punk will probably be in some sort of multiman at Wembley, his big show is all out in Chicago.

You think Simon Miller will get a pre-show match just for a little pop?

They should give Maffew a segment while they're at it. The miller fella is a head wreck, in fact most of those English wrestling YouTube people are all pretty insufferable. Why do they all sound like they're coked off their brains with enthusiasm all the time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Kenny V Will has to be at All In. A thee match fued spanning three continents would be something big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I doubt NJP would allow that as they'll want that at Wrestle Kingdom

• Advertisement

It would be fair if it happens at an aew show though, NJPW already had their exclusive one, and forbidden door was a co production so one would imagine AEW get one to themselves. Not necessarily in London if these rumours are true but somewhere down the line.

Excellent product placing by TNT/BT Sports having ads for this event when they broadcast WWE

They are only 3710 tickets away from setting the all time record for tickets sold for a wrestling event

I wonder are they hoping to break that record before announcing a match.

That would be some PR if they could say they set the record without ever announcing a match.

The record being 80,709 for WM 32.

Distributed doesn't mean they are all paid tickets though. Still an amazing number all the same. Only a month away, getting excited now.

70,500 have been paid for and 6500 have been given away for prizes etc.

Or as some parts of the internet like to say Tony Khan bought 70.500 of them and is giving them away and only 6500k were sold.

If they use the WWE metric on the day the of the event and count every single body the enters the arena in the 24 hours of that day I'm sure they will beat the kayfabe record of 101,703k as well.

Imagine they're are actually people who believe TK bought all those tickets. I wish this tribalism sh1te would go away. In fairness were so lucky we didn't have social media during the attitude era.

They need to get the finger out very very soon in terms of announcing matches for this. Only a month or so anyway

Are you going to give your ticket back if they don't?

You go to a lot of concerts to you give out and complain when you don't get a set list weeks and months before the concert happens?

Ah now that's not fair, wrestling events don't compare to concerts. People don't attend boxing or ufc events not knowing what the card is like. They do need to get going with some matches announced soon, hopefully tonight we'll get something.

• Advertisement

70k tickets have been sold for this event without anyone knowing what the card is let alone any match might be.

If they don't announce any matches for the card before the event are those 70k+ ticket holders not going to show up.

Do people actually think they will put on a house show as some posters on here have posted?

They will more than likely have the biggest live attendance for a wrestling event ever in one of the the most iconic stadiums in the world with not just the eyes of the wrestling world on them but the sports world in general and they are going to put on a house show give me a break.

Every single one of the talent that works there will want to be on this show and put on the show of their lives not just for the crowd but for their own pride and place in history.

As of now since it is only weeks away and no matches have been announced I think I'd perfer to be completely surprised by the card and just have it each match announced just before they walk out.

Cool if they start announcing matches over the coming weeks however I doubt it will chance the live reactions one way or another even if they don't announce them.

Wrestling is simulated combat based on a dispute between heels and baby faces, AEW currently has several storylines that could end in matches at this, and I'd much prefer the storylines dictate the matches than the matches dictate the storylines.

Or we could do the lazy trope of match gets announced and then we have a month of can they coexist tag matches and **** contract signings.

Its been a little bit of a flaw in AEW recently, leaving the booking of PPV matches until a week or two before the show. AFAIK, the recent ROH PPV show had barely anything announced until a few days before the show itself.

I think at this stage, you can start formulating ideas of the card. I think they should be announcing stuff by now.

I also think that AEW has always put on bangers of PPV shows, regardless of how quick or slow they announce matches, and the show itself will be incredible. The matches will have build; they just don't do WWE's style of announcing a match and then spending weeks building up to it. And on the night of the show, the match quality will make everyone forget the slow build. I've never watched an AEW PPV that wasn't a banger.

Coulson is right, the show is a sell out and likely going to have one of the biggest attendances of a wrestling show in history. They don't NEED to announce matches, to sell tickets, cause it's going to be a monster show for them no matter what the card is. But I do also agree I'd like to see the matches being announced by now too. It's a flaw in Khan's booking, and there's a balance he's not hitting.

I wonder if some of the frustration is that we're so used to every big WWE card getting leaked to meltzer that actually having to watch to get answers, rather than knowing the endgame, has left us thinking we're being short-changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Guy has bought a ticket. He wants to know to some matches. Hardly warrants "What are you gonna do? Give the ticket back." bitchy remark.

I wonder if others find you being Tony's attack dog on here tiresome as I do.

• Advertisement

Nah, lads moaning is the tiresome part, buying tickets for a wrestling show and not understanding the basic concept of storylines or build up. If you want to know the card 8 weeks out with no rhyme or reason cage warriors runs the 3arena a couple of times a year. I'll go to a wrestling show.

Yeah, but it's not 8 weeks out though is it? I think it's perfectly ok to be expecting something by this point.

MITB didn't announce any matches (or finalize the participants) until 2/3 weeks out, 90% of the Wrestlemania card is announced after the February PLE, yes it's a massive show, but it's still gotta fit into the flow of weekly TV.

With the storylines AEW is currently running, which matches would you have announced this week.

The American Dragon & Jamie Hayter are two already out off the card due to injury who if they had named the card when tickets went on sale would have been on it.

Blood & Guts might have knocked a few more names off the card as well as that match in the past has caused some serious injuries,

The Elite were not on Dynamite this week after winning Blood & Guts were they been kept off TV becuse of injuries?

There is a couple of big matches tonight and one is a ladder match.

They could be waiting for these to before and checking the health of the wrestlers before starting the announcing of matches next week.

Rush just signed a new contract.

Punk came back June 17th

Andrade, Ricky Starks, Bullet Club gold and Willow nightingale have been rejuvinated by collision

Better than you bay bay is fantastic.

Jas maybe disbanding

Kota ibushi showing up

Jericho and callis

All in the last 4-6 weeks, the same crowd complaining nothings been announced would be complaining that they're ignoring storylines if the card was announced a month ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement