Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cupra Born

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Well, I got 36500 for my 211 superb iV, no harm calling to a dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

By the time I charge the car having driven over 300km the range left indicates I'd easily do over 400km consistently. Didn't think the car would do over 400km without driving everywhere like a roast chicken with the AC off and under the speed limit!

Another ceist lads, does it come with a granny charger? Just in case I ever need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I'll do without so😊. Could always nick the one out of the superb before I hand it over... Only joking I hate that carry on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭the perfect ten

Surely if it came with the car it should go with the car. That’s what we did when we traded in our eGolf.

I sold a car without a parcel shelf, they'll live if they don't get a granny charger with a car. I'm sure a lot of people are genuinely forgetting them when trading in cars as they would be using a Type 2 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Bit of a price drop in these since I bought mine, I see plenty for sale for 38-39k, they seem to be advertising something called a grant booster of 2000 on top of the 5000 SEAI so they are obviously 231 reg plates. At 35k I think these become a great value car.

I paid 42,434 after a 5000 grant with no extras apart from aurora blue paint which was almost 1000.

Honestly glad to see prices going in the right direction as supply meets demand, hopefully the cost to change is somewhat easy to swallow when I do come to move it on.

• Advertisement

Hopefully the 0% and the grant boost being offered is the sign of PCP deals getting back to normal. Things were getting a bit out of hand with demos being listed for the new price, prices going up €5k+ and APR up to 8-9% across the board.

Hopefully it's not just all those cancelled orders stocking up as people were putting their name down for multiple cars last year due to wait times.

0% was the main attraction to me it makes it so easy to see where you are with the loan after a few years, I was getting nowhere fast with the superb loan I think it was 5.9%

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dubsphan

Anybody getting this message with the new version of the app?

Turning on the ignition made no difference.

My battery is at 68%

Looking at Facebook, it's seems to be a wide issue with the app. Happens from time to time apparently and should settle down shortly!

It refers to the 12V battery, what year is the car? You could have a dodgy battery might be no harm to get it tested.

I've just finished a 260km motorway journey, 18 degrees outside and traveling at 120-130 kmph, sometimes slightly higher and returned 18 kwh/100kms which gives a theoretical motorway range of about 325kms at that speed. I think that's pretty good. I've been getting 13s and 14s for normal driving this summer so far pushing it into the 400kms range.

However, not too bothered now about range/charging that I have the car about 9 or 10 months. I did stop for about 20 mins on the way here and I'll probably do same on way back, so that's adding 40 mins or so to a 500km day trip for work, which I'm fine with

Car should be ready tomorrow 🤫 I hope it happens I'll put up a few pics if it's dry. Really looking forward to my venture into EV driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I'm currently considering changing from an ID.3 to a Cupra Born.

Are there any options that most people recommend? Not so much the colour and wheels as these are more a personal thing.

The base spec is much better than the ID.3, is this the spec most go for.

There are plenty of almost new 231 reg cars for sale. Has anyone used a dealer who would negotiate much on the price, plenty are just sticking with the advertised price. Although this is just over the phone and not in person.

The base spec is very good it just depends on what you might want.

The basic seats don't have lumbar support for some reason, if your lower back is sore from time to time it might be worth looking into a car with the electric seats, you also have extra adjustments in the form of tilting the bottom of the seat and you have a manually extendable thigh support although those two features aren't essential. The alcantara fabric of the grey/blue is also a nice touch inside but again the basic seats are still sport seats which are nice.

The car doesn't have blind spot as standard, the car uses two radars in the rear for blind spot which also functions as a reversing traffic/pedestrian detection. This pack also comes with the 360 camera. It's a small car with decent visibility and parking sensors do a good job, base car has park assist so you get the extra parking sensors beside the wheel arches and the rear camera has an extra wide view option for reversing out of a space.

DCC dynamic suspension, softens out bumps or will stiffen up if you start throwing it around corners. Car is comfortable enough, don't shy away from 19/20" wheels if you like them, the 20" wheels have the same amount of tyre sidewall as the 17" on a Golf/Leon so won't be a super harsh ride. Handles bumps well but a tad stiffer than the ID.3.

HUD is a bit of a gimmick, expensive for the limited functionality it has.

Sound system in the car is ok, no speakers in the rear which isn't really noticeable as there's 5 in the front. If you like a bit of bass the Beats sound system has rear speakers and a little sub in the boot.

Base spec is good, but seems to me that most of the stock dealers are holding have some optional extras. Very few of the eBoost variant around and seems gimmicky to me. To me, copper highlighted wheels work much better with the car's own copper trim than the silver tipped wheels. There are some good prices for 231 pre-regs online alright but my experience (note, one dealer) was that these actually cost more per month than a brand new car due to interest rate differences etc.

I got a good deal on my wife's Born and can PM you the dealer details if you like - he has a showroom full of them so may be amenable to a deal. Generally speaking my experience with dealers is that if they think you're a genuine buyer, buying very soon they will pull the offers out alright - i.e. "I've priced car X at [nearby competitor] and they've offered me zzzzz. I'm looking to put a deposit down before the weekend - can you do better?".

• Advertisement

I have a pretty base spec car and happy with it. It has tech L pack but i even forget what that does to be honest.

Coming from an Audi A6 with a Bose sound setup, the only thing I'd really add on is the upgraded Beats sound system, and it's not too expensive.

And maybe the copper tipped wheels which I don't have. And dynamica seats. But theyd be 2 grand or so to add, depends on how much you like them. The options list wasn't that extensive really and I'm happy with my car.

Don't be tempted by eboost, I can't see anyone using it and the car is never short on power as it is. Its probably expensive but I've seen a 77kwh battery model for sale and it would be up there with the very longest range EVs available but for the many thousands extra it would cost, I'd say it would have saved me maybe 2 to 3 hours at public chargers on my long trips in the almost full.year I've had the car. Thousands extra for 2 hours, no thanks.

They've dropped a little in price, I'd try do a deal on a stock car if you find one you like. Lingering potential for serious depreciation in all cars now so unless you have it to burn, don't add thousands to the price you'll never see again.

I hope people can get some sort of discount now, last year they wouldn't budge on price but that was in March when the car just came out and they weren't getting any stock from Seat so understandably needed their full margins. In fairness they were by far the best trade-in offer among 5-6 different brands.

If people can get a bit of a discount, getting a deposit contribution and reasonable APR it's a sign of things going back to normal now at last.

Coming from a base spec ID.3 1st the standard Born interior is much better. I thought the lumbar support was in all versions, it would make me consider the optional seats based on that.

I'm not too concerned about the blind spot, 360 etc. as I have never had it so not something I would miss.

There are currently 20's on my car and I agree there is still plenty of sidewall to be comfortable. The DCC would be a nice to have if it was on a 231 used/nearly new option but not something I would need.

I had an ID.4 loaner this week with HUD. It's not something I would pay extra for.

I agree about the rear speakers, I never missed them in my current ID.3. Has anyone here got the Beats option, I don't think I have seen any car for sale with it. I have some Audison/Alpine pieces at home that I would probably just fit instead.

I wouldn't pay the premium for an eBoost version, although most are a lot higher spec in other ways too.

I was told by one dealer there is 10k with 0% interest on new or used Cupras that I could take over 2 years. That would cover most of the cost to change, so I would most likely be going down the 231 route.

PM me the dealer name please, it would be good to visit one with plenty of them in different specs/colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Folks feel free to PM me the dealer doing good Born deals too. I'm still tempted.

Very nice! The charcoal sills and mirrors look great with the white.

Would you believe I never spotted the sills on the demo car, I really like them. I'm only getting to grips with all the features, it automatically slows down on bad bends, coming to roundabouts etc it's in addition to the ACC.

Yeah, my ID4 had the same feature and I have to say it works really well - and believe me I'm normally the first one to moan about that sort of thing!

• Advertisement

That's the smart regen, excellent feature. It's more efficient to coast than it is to regen and get back up to speed so it's good that you can let the car coast but it will slow down for roundabouts or cars ahead. You aren't always accelerating or braking, sometimes you're just rolling forward in traffic so it's nice that VW aren't ramming regen down your throat.

Make sure to have a good look through all the settings. I recommend changing auto lights to come on early along with turning on "wipers on, lights on" function. You can also set the default ACC distance, I find 2 is adequate as it will increase the distance at higher speeds and you can easily change between 1-5 if you want, I change to 3 on backroads or heavy rain on the motorway.

Check your tyre pressures when you can, the Born and EVs in particular seem to have high pressures from dealers for some reason.

Enjoy the new car, the white looks well!

Advertisement