Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭squonk

I suppose it’s about equality sbd if you push the men’s game you now have to equally push the women’s game too.

I think women’s sport apart from athletics of tennis is a newcomer so will tahr time to build up recognition.

Mind you at the end of the day all these TV companies see is euro signs so if they can big up a new variety of a sport that sells new subscriptions, they will.

If the girls do well in this tournament it might give them wider recognition but that might fe a big ask. I was looking at 6-1 yesterday evening and they had a lady on from Cork talking about how her kids were able to see aunty Claire playing on the TV. I’d no idea who the player is. I’ve no interest in soccer in general so not knowing players isn’t unusual but I’d recognise names on the men’s team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

Is the pitch smaller than the men’s?

• If they were a men’s team in Thigh Land you’d say Cum on, Krap!” Krap is the polite way of addressing men, kaa is the polite way of addressing women.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Dr Karl

The women soccer team's Liveline nickname got a partial mention on the BBC, albeit at almost 2am. It is 47m35s in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,215 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Here is how the full-time stats looked after Australia's 1-0 victory over Ireland, who had the late pressure but still went without a shot on target for the entire game:

Shots: 13 - 6

Possession: 63% - 37%

Key passes: 8 - 2

Dribbles: 9 - 3

Corners: 6 - 7

No shot on target and 2 key passes, Dunphy would be throwing his biro across the studio if he was in Donneybrook today.

In other important news, Ireland are playing Italy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

It was a moral victory eehh Roy?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

It's incessant on RTE. The news at 1 started off with the women's world cup. And they're at Dalymount Park as well. Felt the need to mention the attendance 75,000 at the match and kept repeating it. It's like comparing apples and oranges. A ticket for the men's World Cup final category 1 cost roughly €1,440. A ticket for the women's world cup final category 1 costs roughly €74, a child's ticket is half price. So you can imagine how much all the other stages below that cost by comparison. A women's group game costs €25, a child's ticket costs half that. A men's group game cost roughly €555, there's no child option.

It took 22 minutes to get to REAL news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Will de beating of the tourist show up on ll literally mcentee is yhe worst minister in history and that takes some doing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Are ye mad?

There's "what's your favourite type of weather?" to be discussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,493 ✭✭✭Tow

Kaytee, no one in my house has any interest in de football, and de house is full of women.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

"I'm sure you've all calmed down by now" begins Katie. If ye keep banging on about the women's world cup I won't be calm.

If Vanessa is in HR, shouldn’t she be familiar with the changing landscape of job requirements?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Application put forward me hole !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

It’s tokenism, wokeism or both. RTE trying to big it up to Italian 90’s proportions. Not working. Despite all the hype womens soccer in lreland is very minority, attracting small crowds. Even the worst lrish men’s teams playing shoyte football can film the aviva. The women can muster only a small crowd, obviously all those singing their praises don’t bother attending matches. Bandwagon . Com

So according to Vanessa anyone can do HR! I think Vanessa just isn’t up with the times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,493 ✭✭✭Tow

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Minimal requirement... A relevant degree.

Cawlur doesn't have a degree, can't get the job. Booo hooo 😭

Joe would explain that anybody can do any job. Joxxer from the flats can fly a space shuttle etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,685 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Being in HR she should have experience of issuing PFO emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭bigroad

They don't want oldies full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

The people in the hiring positions already are familiar with the degree process, as that's how they got in.

Mostly, it's just a bit of filtering, but it's often applied to a job where the degree is just a nonsense requirement.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭ebbsy

To be fair if Vanessa is in her 60s, her career length is very limited now. There’ll be no growing in a role with her. She’ll be off in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

60s

Give it up grandma !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭shearforce

Employer; "I need someone to design a nuclear reactor, what experience have you got?"

Caller; "life experience"

Employer; "that should suffice, when can you start"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

This same one on now when she was a “recruitment consultant” probably fcuked cvs in the bin if they were even slightly outside what the job description was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I'm sure she's had no problem doing what she's now complaining about.

Advertisement