Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023 Open - Royal Liverpool (Hoylake)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

@Lil Fred genuine question for you. Have you any interest in golf at all? Do you play the game or watch tournaments on TV? Reason I ask that I had a look at your history of posts. As far as I can see you have never posted on the golf forum except to slag off McIlroy. No opinions on the tournament or any other player. Why bother posting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Its a joy to see Spieth on a roll. Pure entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Musicrules

Didn't get to see it but looking at his shot by shot, Harman had everything go in? Will he start coming backwards to the field over the weekend or hold strong? It would be tight enough bunched apart from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭zocklie

Yea everything really went his way, he chipped in for par on the (I think ) 12th. Fair play to him, but I don't know if he can keep it up for 4 rounds. If McIlroy had played the way Harman did, that Fred troll would be calling him the luckiest player alive.

Can see Harman slipping back a few tomorrow and the field gaining ground. It's still quite bunched from 2nd down, a lot of golf yet to be played

• Registered Users Posts: 17,944 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I'm surprised with how low the scoring is.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Morning conditions look desperate so unlikely to see any bolters from the pack.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

What’s the forecast like for the leaders later?

To improve as the day goes on, near perfect conditions later for the leaders going off.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,295 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I saw Sky were interviewing some lady earlier - didn't have the sound on so no idea what she was saying but the title described her as a 'Golf Influencer' - what even is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

Is it not shocking the whole of sat and Sunday, there's a massive ball of rain over Ireland and liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

I was over there on Wednesday for the practise day and Thursday for day one and the weather was lovely.

But even with the sun out at all times on the course there was a stiff breeze. There was not many shots getting hit close to pins so Harmons score is exceptional especially that he done it over two days.

Basically she plays a bit of golf badly but has a following on youtube/Instagram

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭zocklie

Thinking speith is the man to watch today. Can see Harmon coming back a few, Tommy shooting 1/2 under, but speith & McIlroy making hay. Hoping it really bunches up for tomorrow 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭boardise

Game , set and match to you for pinpoint accuracy . The 11th the was averaging 3.99 so I took the massive liberty of calling that as = 4.00 for all conceivable practical purposes.

Delighted to see Boards insisting on total no-compromise precision -I have learned my lesson.😛🙃🙂🤗🤔😁

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Everything is going Rahm's way at the moment, another birdie. He was around 50 foot away, he could have hit it another 50 times and probably wouldn't get it. He's -5(-7 for his round) and on for a course record.

Rory has a nice approach on the 3rd and birdie chance to get him to -3 from less than 10 feet.

And he's got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

More concerntrated but Straka's late run yesterday was also pretty amazing, birdied 6 of the last 7...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

So many muppets in the crowd shouting out $h1t€ after a player takes a tee shot. "Shiver me timbers" and "That's a spicy meatball" were the latest nonsense.

Great round from Rahm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Incredible, means Rory's going to have to win it. Rahmbo won't be throwing it away!

Ewen Murray and Laura Davies is just a top class commentary team.

• Advertisement

This could get very interesting quickly

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Nice bounce back by Harman, big back 9 for him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,444 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Rory looking frustrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Harmon just had back to back birdies on 12 and 13.

Looks like he's got the minerals to take this down.

-12 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Mr Disco

Does he not have some mind coaches to help him with the mental brittleness?

Harman just looks in complete control. It was looking he was coming back when he was on -8 but great response from him

Much better to see someone like Harmon win it to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Fleetwood so poor in contention

Shaky start from harman but think hes put it to bed now

• Advertisement

Not quite put to bed yet, a hot start from Rahm and we'll see what happens.

He impressed me today, but tomorrow is another step up again. Important putt on the last to secure the 5 shot lead.

Better players than him have lost bigger leads, so still a lot of golf to be played. Very difficult to sleep on a big lead in a major especially if you're not a serial winner.

Advertisement