Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Just as an aside, those things are a bit of a swizz. They basically just biodegrade into smaller, more numerous pieces of plastic. I've done a bit of research on this and there's pretty much no such thing as environmentally friendly poo bags. Save your money and buy the €1.50 ones in Dealz.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

My TA is also the amount of beggars outside shops, ATMs ( that’s intimidating )….

you used only see it in the city. But now the suburbs too… it’s a thing.

the aggression….

• Registered Users Posts: 33,499 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

People who treat their dog like its a child.

Has to be in the middle of everything.

Like these 2.

https://m.independent.ie/life/home-garden/homes/weve-had-enough-of-the-rain-couple-selling-up-their-d15-home-to-find-sunshine/a1418327585.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Chuggers are worse than beggars. Certainly more intimidating and insistent. What a rubbish business model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Forecast is dire for tomorrow. Which of course is when a major BBQ is planned with family from all over making the trip to Belfast. So if you're up there Superman............... sort it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,940 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

At a training course that is not tuned for its audience at all. It's beginner stuff when the audience is intermediate or advanced. So it's a huge waste of time and money and very bad planning by management. Management obviously ticking the "training" box on the cheap or just absolutely clueless.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I once attended an advanced Excel course where not only not all the syllabus listed was covered, but the stuff they taught was, like in your case, well below the advertised level. The instructor spoke veeeery sloooooooooowly, too. I really missed the button for choosing the speed of the speech you usually find in online courses, as well as the fast forward one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That i was staying awake so I’d be tired at bedtime. Queue me falling asleep on the sofa 😡😡😡

• Advertisement

I know , i was staying awake to get my routine reset . Out the window now 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭blade1

That so many drivers can't judge the distance their near side of their vehicles is from parked cars.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Dodgy knee is kicking off. Torment when my back is pinging me pain already.

ETA just sneezed as someone moved my seat on the bus. Further depths of pain 🤬

Yep , I moved to Dublin for a while in my latish teens. I was offered a interview as a chugger. When I found out what it was I declined.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Boards being down when I had a fine head on me for a rant

So I've decided that Americans come in two flavours: the über polite kind and the ultra obnoxious kind. I've about had my fill of the latter today.

That boards was down when I had some fine rants in my pants. No good now. 🤬

Oops, so annoyed I posted it twice 🙄 my memory, another TA

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

We (or rather... I) need to know what the original rant was about. Also, I was pissed off about Boards being down, too, so I'll just assume you posted that second rant of yours on my behalf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,268 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I saw a 'trend' yesterday of people combining the release of Barbie and Oppenheimer together to create 'Barbieheimer'. Ugh.

There isn't a venn diagram that exists of people who would fall into both target audiences. In fact, anyone who can't wait to see Barbie will probably find the content of Oppenheimer too complicated (because history is sooo boring of course).

Another TA, my new job has me hating the general public more than I ever did before.

Listening to someone who made a grand on nixers over the weekend.

Listening to a lounge version of 99 red balloons..

Shit ...

And actually liking it 🤣

Being unable to speak my mind about a brutal animal cruelty issue that's still going on in 2023, even after covid. The story is on RTE today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Wasn't there a law brought out around the mid-2010s that made it illegal to beg within 100 metres of a business premises? As with everything, no doubt it was never enforced.

I was hounded by a beggar at the Stephen's Green Luas ticket machine years ago. I just ignored her and got on the tram. Then I heard my change clink into the change drawer like a f*cking jackpot 🤦🏻‍♂️

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

72 hour deodorants - why?

You'd want to be in the middle of a desert or be a dirty lazy fucker not to give yourself some sort of a wash in 3 days

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭blade1

My TV remote is gone fairly unresponsive.

Also got a pack of Bombay mix in Tesco and I think I left them at the till 😭

I'll take a warning for this: way to patronise an entire (mostly female, I presume you were inferring) cohort of movie-goers. This isn't a binary situation, you know, people can and do enjoy both fluff and "worthy" art. You're not forced to choose one genre the first time you go to the flicks and stick to it for life. I'm a chick and I'm looking forward to both, because guess what? I'm interested in both. I have a degree in history and I'm very curious to see what Gerwig has done with what was potentially going to be very much a genre movie.

And it's "Barbenheimer", btw.

Have a read of this, it might widen your perspective somewhat - https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/film/2023/07/18/does-the-barbenheimer-phenomenon-ring-any-bells/

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Booked a table for me and my friends, put up on WhatsApp that I'm early and in the bar, one friend replied immediately saying she'll be late, this is a continuous trend and I'm fcuking sick of it. Anyone can be late occasionally, but I know this is attention seeking and it's gone way beyond the joke. None of us replied to it but I know we all feel the same, I'm trying to ignore it but I'm really annoyed...also I asked for only a little ice in my g&t ( hate when they fill the glass with ice) ,2 cubes amy drink is actually warm...ffs great start to the night. 😁😁🥂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

There was, early 2011 apparently. Not always enforced but I’ve seen people being moved from time to time.

got a mad 3.30 am drunken correspondence from an acquaintance / old friend that I haven’t spoken to in an age. As nice as it was and as funny as it was to catch up even if inebriated on their part, I sent a follow up around midday today as I was the one to fall asleep. It will probably be answered in a few days,…. Always been unreliable with communication but can’t shake them if they pissed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement