Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship 2023 ( Munster And Leinster Championships,Liam McCarthy Cup)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Dannymole22

It's a bit all over the shop that tickets are on ticketmaster today when I know certain Limerick clubs aren't giving out their tickets until this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,295 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

That's one of the many ways loads of tickets end up on sale around Jones Road on the day.

Once the GAA get their money for each ticket they aren't too pushed I'd say 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭bennyl10

How is the Nally?

only place I haven’t done (before Sunday)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

Nally not bad. Was there for first time last years final. Got in early to get a barrier to lean on. Jyst after getting mine now Nally it is for second year running.

I was there for the final in 2007. If you're in early try stand as high as possible and on an angle and you'll get a decent enough view of the whole pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cave_dweller

Got Nally tickets now. Delighted to get some tbh

Can I ask roughly what time you got in to get a decent spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vid36

For the football last year was in Nally about 45 minutes before and got a nice spot with good view but bring a bottle of Coke or water, you are there until final whistle.

Throw in at 15.30 and no game before so imo no need to be in before 14.30. I think thats roughly when i got in last year. I like to soak up the atmosphere around town beforehand have a few drinks. Players come out that bit earlier for final to meet the presidant and all that. Also i agree with above poster that get a spot or barrier on the angle of the Nally for best view.

Post edited by YabaDabaDooley on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭CantonasCat2

So are you free to ‘roam’ the Nally, as it were, or are you fenced into wee sections , depending on the ticket / designated gate? Thot I’d seen parts of it divided into different sections (I know the hill is obviously totally separate ). TIA 👍

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,927 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

You're free to roam. I was there in 2009, great day, not a great view because I was a bit late getting in but was very close by when comerford got his goal with the famous celebration after. Up the top corner of the Nally looks a good view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,068 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The closer the game is getting the more i think Kilkenny could do it Sunday

Been from Waterford i hope im wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭Seadin

Kilkenny will win tomorrow. Limerick will not beat them two years in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

Should be a great game, l think the ref will let things flow too, Keenan isn’t one of the whistle happy merchants so beloved of the referees committee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭High bike

Limerick just coming to the boil will win by 5 or 6,Hego man of the match again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Limerick beat them last year and I think they will do it again.

They are a better overall team and if both teams perform, I would still see Limerick coming out victorious by 4 or 5 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭moby2101

Just finished watching last year’s Sunday game, the car is packed the flag attached to the boot, hitting for Dublin now.

We were so dominant in last year’s final , we lead the match by 4 or 5 for the majority.

Hego scored 1-5 in last years final

Hego has scored 8 points in total in this year’s championship.

Gillane was injured last year , hes on fire this year.

There’s pluses and minuses!!

We’re missing key players in Finn and Hannon, I think Finn is a huge loss.

We have Lynch back, he was starting to come into the Galway game in the second half.

If Lynch is back to his best and Hego and Hayes are firing I think we should have no worries.

I would start Cathal O Neill, he has enough physicality and skill to handle the occasion, bringing him on with 10 to go is nuts.

Limerick by 2 again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I was in the Nally for the football final couple of times. But I wasn't in there in good time. Was about 25 mins before throw in. Was well full up that time. They have stewards there, and wont let you just push your away around anywhere. They direct you to where they feel is best/safest in terms of avoiding overcrowding in any one area. If there is a bit of an exodus to toilet at half time, you could look to making your way back towards the upper part of the Nally. Also, they have some crappy perspex type barrier between the pitch and the Nally - can't really see through it. Whatever you do, dont get stuck at the bottom of the Nally. It's rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,995 ✭✭✭billyhead

Limerick coming into form at the right time. Limerick by 2.

Forecast for tomorrow is for rain. One positive thing moving the All Ireland final to July was the expectation of good sunny weather. Unfortunately looks as if it will be anything but. Not sure who if anyone a rainy day would suit better.

• Advertisement

Don't think the weather will decide the result,Sam for both teams whatever it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Giving strong wind from the north east which will be an unusual wind for Croke Park….prevailing wind is from the south west, might make it tricky for free takers and winning the toss might be more important….small margins as they say.

Thats the one area where ye have the advantage,Gillane and Byrnes can be hot and cold on the frees while TJ is 10 out of 10 every day .Jesus is there any chance he'd have an off day lol.The only consolation is with John Keenan in charge maybe ther won't be that many frees,we live I hope

Heard something over the weekend that might be interesting for those that are a bit superstitous. In nine of Limericks last ten championship games they have played into the Hill in the second half. Won all nine. The only time they have played into the Canal end in second half was the 2019 semi final v Kilkenny where they lost.

He'll have to be ten out of ten tomorrow if we're tohave any chance. I think Byrnes is deadly from anywhere... savage weapon to have in your arsenal, can't concede a free from anywhere. Good point about Keenan, I think he forgets to bring the whistle at times .

Good point. A wet day and a heavier sliotar definately make the free taking more difficult. Maybe even TJ would struggle from 100 yards in that case 😄

I dont think the ball gets heavy in bad weather these days but a strong headwind will make things very difficult for the free takers, the wind swirls around croke park at the best of times. I think KK have to be so efficient with their scoring chances that TJ's frees will be crucial.

We have seen it all championship and last year too that Limerick teams playing better than Limerick blew it because the accuracy was down. Clare in the Munster final, Galway last year, Waterford could have had their whole season changed if they took their chances that first day out (the last one was decisions more than accuracy)

It could be said that this is no coincidence and Limerick force bad accuracy on teams or maybe cause it by physically and mentally draining teams but certainly games were there to be won.

Sorry for scrounging around, and long shot I know, but looking for a ticket for tomorrow. Anywhere in Croke Park. I'm sure I'm like 100's of others. But just throwing it out there in hope.

All of this may be way way out of date but if you are heading up anyway.

Fitzgibbon St. Garda station was where genuine fans used go to sell spare tickets.

Also (assuming the PA works) I've seen people get the train driver to announce the selling of or need for a ticket.

Pub wise try what used to be Rae's by Heuston or the Oval off O'Connell St. if you are a Limerick fan (maybe even if your not). Grab a pint and a tickets wanted sign. Worth doing the same in the Croker adjacent pubs. Even ask the bar staff. I used work in a pub near Thomond Park where regulars with spares would alert the bar man.

This last one is also a long shot but if your driving up stick a ticket wanted sign and your county colours in the back of the car.

• Advertisement

Thanks Breezy. That's very useful. I live in Dublin, so can do all of that.

Only thing is my county is Mayo. I don't think wearing the green and red will do me any favours!!!!! Just looking to go to support Limerick.

Don't worry Flasher just head into town in the morning. I'd be shocked if you don't get a ticket. I've never failed to get a ticket for a match i wanted to see. Sometimes you just got to get out and mingle. It's all part of the day for me. Where there's a will there's a way. I remember that pub Breezy mentioned The Oval was full of Limerick last year. Try The Gresham, Wynne's, Confession Box, Briodys, Brannigans Cathedral St all very close to each other off O Connell St. You'll have one before you even get near to Croke Park and it's nearby taverns.

Cheers. Just got sorted. Hill tickets on ticketmaster there.

Oval is owned by Chalke's from Adare and the pub by Heuston used to be owned by Ned Rae the Limerick hurler so 2 big spots on Matchday.

I must check out that Confession Box place next chance I get. Lots of people recommend it.

Good to see the Limerick support still frequenting Reas Parkgate St even though he's not with us anymore and it's now called Duggans. Handy to get off the train at Heuston and walk the 5 mins or less to it. Then onto the LUAS after a few youd be up around O Connell St or Connolly Station in another 10 minutes.

I go there waiting for my train even on non match days.

Solid well run pub and prices are closer to central Limerick than central Dublin.

Looks like it might be a Galway man running it these days.

It's bucketing down the last two hours in the capital and it's not supposed to relent overnight or tomorrow. It's adviseable to come appropriately dressed with some sort of jacket anyway. It's the wettest July i can remember. I don't recall too many wet All Irelands. '99 when Cork came back to beat KIlkenny, '87 when Galway beat Kilkenny, 2010 wasn't great either.

Don't worry about the red bit so long as you have the green tomorrow you'll be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,952 ✭✭✭kksaints

There was thundery rain during the 2019 Final. Got absolutely drenched on the Nally terrace in the first 15 minutes.

• Advertisement

Rainy finals mentioned above

1973 Limerick bt Kilkenny

1987 Galway bt Kilkenny

1999 Cork bt Kilkenny

2010 Tipp bt Kilkenny

2019 Tipp bt Kilkenny

I was at 2009 i think that was a rainy day at times Kilkenny bt Tipp

Over all the rain hasn't been kind to the cats.

None of those KK teams playing tomorrow though 🙏

Surely a few from 2019.

Personally I would be delighted if they put in a 2019 final performance 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Byrnes weirdly enough seems to be more accurate from 100 yards than he is from 60. Although my sample size for that judgement is very small.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Ya, he has come up twice recently, I think for frees within 60 yards and missed.

Id have thought them comfortably within Gillanes range, but I imagine they will have that sorted for tomorrow.

Hoping for a belter of a game. I am slightly worried by the ease at which Limerick brushed Galway aside, but its hard to see KK fall away like that.

Hard one for a Tipp man to cheer. If KK win, further ahead in roll of honour, if Limerick win, a very significant step towards 5 in a row.

Here's a few of our hurling 'experts' predictions for tomorrows game

Limerick - Anthony Daly, Jamesie O Connor, Connor Whelan, Eoin Kelly (Tipp), Michael Verney, Donal Og Cusack, Aidan Harte, John Mullane, Brian Carroll, Lar Corbet, Wooly Parkinson,

Kilkenny - Eoin Cadogan, Bubbles O Dwyer, Ollie Baker, Niall Rigney, Michael Duignan

Post edited by YabaDabaDooley on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,494 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

If Limerick play the full game like they played the last 40 minutes of the semi final vs Galway it won't be close.

If Limerick allow Kilkenny the space they allowed Galway for the first 30 minutes, Kilkenny will build up a lead that could very well win them the game.

Limerick will win the second half as they always do, the winning of the game will be the early minutes IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Still feels weird having the final in July. Limerick to win, handy enough too I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement