Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GAAfan01

Two upper cusack tickets available for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Conversations 3

I'll pm you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭blackcard

Back in 2015 when we last won the All Ireland, I took it for granted. By the time we reached the M7, conversation in the car had already turned to the club championship in Kilkenny. The Homecoming was a low key affair. If by any chance we win tomorrow, we will be talking about it until Christmas and I will remember that any All Ireland is hard won and special

Post edited by blackcard on

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Marrooned

I agree never take anything for granted. Good night and good luck tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭kk.man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

I asked myself that very same question hopefully I'll get my answer tomorrow.

Safe travels to all later today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Seadin

There is more pressure on Kilkenny. 4 in a row is not history breaking so it wont matter a thing tomorrow. I think the pressure is on Killkenny, 2015 is a famine for a great hurling county like Kilkenny.

No chance.

Limerick will be gagging for that 4 in a row to set themselves up for a lash at the record next year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

I've since heard padriag is being kept in reserve and there will be a bit of juggling and Walter will start. I do know for a fact David blanchfield is definitely out and it's very unfortunate for the chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

In 2015 I moved to America a week or two before the final for what I thought would be just one year away. Went into Chicago to watch it, met up with an American friend and after it we went for a few drinks with a bunch of people none of whom had probably ever heard of hurling. Didn't think about the match hardly for the rest of the day, once it was over.

If someone had told me that it was 1) the last championship match I would see for four years, and 2) the last kk all ireland I would see for at least eight, I would have cherished the win and regretted not being there a lot more.

Luckily got to go home for it last year and it was the most emotional I've ever been in croke Park, most proud I've been as a kk man as well (said as much to Brian Hogan on the way into the homecoming, he must have been thinking "jaysus that's some gratitude for all the ones we won!"). Anyway my point is I don't think I'll ever take another kk all Ireland for granted, if and when I get to see one.

Part of me is getting very pessimistic about tomorrow now, I think the half back line could seriously struggle. That would be true with it without blanchfield, he's a big loss but he is not the making or breaking of us (he's still young, very bright future ahead for him). I'm assuming Fogarty drops back again to do more of what he did last day. Could see tj doing the same. But we can't play too defensively either. We need to have another couple of forwards standing up tomorrow and taking scores, you can't just rely on Cody all day. Billy Ryan has had a million and one chances and threatened so many times, tomorrow he has to step up, has to. At the other end I have a sneaky suspicion huw Lawler might just be the man to finally frustrate gillane. And if he was to get the better of him in the opening couple of exchanges you could see the whole team get a lift from something like that.

Was watching a bit of 2006 there earlier, another year we were big underdogs with a missing half back and facing a team chasing history. If we came out of the traps like wild dogs the way we did that day...

So yeah wouldn't be claiming to be confident but this is a kk hurling team in a final, so you never know do you ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

If that was the case I'm guessing that's Fogarty to wing back and Donnelly or Billy Ryan to midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

not trying to rain on the parade but i think limerick will win tomorrow , but the work lyng has done is cody mark 2, he is a fantastic coach and i feel the over emphasis on underage success in clare , cork and tipp will not exactly reappear

if you take the game football manager and play a 4-14-1 formation thats all we done the last day in croke park and ran the ball through the lines for the entire second half , we created multipal goal chances but only took one , lyng spotted the gaps out wide and some unbelivabke scores from the likes of paudi walsh and ritchie hogan finished us off

the problem with limerick is that same football manager formation of 4-14-1 has been their game plan for years with hard running down the center and short passing off the shoulder , the one up front is beyond deadly too , its a hard system to play against so as a nutral i will be going local in my selection but long term ye are in seriously good hands on the line

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Marrooned

Every supporter will have to be heard today to will these boys home

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

It's a 2 horse race lads. There may be a few changes coming before throw in but the lads will give it everything. Hunger and desire won't be lacking. Best of luck to Derek and the lads. Roar em on!

This not a four in a row like either the recent KK team or the Cork team of the forties. Limerick lost one match and drew another in Munster this year.

Kerry in the 80s went to their fifth final so did kilkenny but we had an extra game. Dublin won 6 with no losses either. These are proper successive titles. It's not taking from Limerick but this is fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Village87

Great post. Best chance kk have imo is. Start wally on Hayes and try and curtail him. Push up on Limerick backs, dont let them work it out and leave Lawlor and Gillane one on one and pray he gets the breaks. He cleaned Gillane last year so i am optimistic. Kilkenny are very average from 5 to 12 with the exception of Mullen. Hopefully our goalie, our excellent full back line and our 2 outstanding men in the full forward line pull us through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭moby2101

Different Gillanr this year tho'

Last year he was carrying a knock that might have prevented him from starting.

Limerick by 4

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭RamonD3

Gillane v Lawlor and Casey v Cody are two battles to decide it. Cody is like a lad on a mission and heart over head fancy kilkenny to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Not long left now. Kilkenny just can't lose another final. It's incomprehendible that we'd lose 4 finals in a row. Come on the cats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Seadin

I know Kilkenny arent Mayo but Mayo lost 11 All Irelands since 1989. Anything is possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,401 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Best of luck to the players, management and backroom staff. I know they'll all give 100% and hopefully Cody will be walking up the steps of the Hogan Stand after the full time whistle

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Is it not harder? A lot more intense game now, especially in Munster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Huge limerick crowd around as expected.

Very best of luck to everyone. Please God we get the win

It's been a great year.

I said at the start of the year that I was giving Lyng a grace period this year to give himself a chance to sort the panel out and implement his ideas. To get to an All Ireland final in year one is fantastic.

Roll on 15:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Most serious punters I know are taking the 11/ 4 on Kilkenny. Limerick are deserving favourites but 11/4 is great odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I took the 11/4 myself although I had to wear a mask and sunglasses putting on the bet + I went to confession afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Butterbeans

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

It's 2023 Dan no need to hide in the closet..say it loud and proud..my name is Dan and I'm a kilkenny supporter 😁

• Advertisement

No. Knockout every day you go out.

Munster hurling is not all its made out to be.

Post edited by kk.man on

Advertisement