Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,788 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

I'll say it now because I might not be feeling as generous on Sunday..Best of luck to ye in the final..obviously I'll be hoping for a kilkenny win but I also want to see an excellent game..I do believe the best team wins the all Ireland every year..I hope lads are not on here Sunday evening from the losing side blaming the ref or anything else..I expect a very tough fair match..neither team are dirty in my opinion in spite of what some think

Anyway as I said best of luck but I do hope ye are disappointed Sunday evening 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 25,684 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

A lot of the blaming the ref stuff will becoming from people from neither county. Plenty on here just like to moan and plenty more will have their agendas against Limerick or Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

He was either going to start or not be on the panel at all. Too risky bringing on a player like that if not 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Quitelife

Big day For Aidan O Connor getting onto the match day 26.

With Declan Hannon, Sean Finn & Ritchie English injured , How many others are on the extended panel? Jamie Power & O'dailigh from Monaleen are two to best of my knowledge ..

• Advertisement

Thought O'Dailigh looked great as an impact sub during the league. I reckon if we had gotten a game that wasn't so or die we would have seen him get a bit of time.

Walked down the now closed off Hartstonge St. Earlier and gave me a real buzz for Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭C4000

Extended panel also has Fergal O'connor (Effin), Ciaran Barry (Ahane), Mark Quinlan (Garryspillane), Jimmy Quilty (Blackrock, injured), Shane O'brien and Micheal Houlihan (both Killmallock).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

do they all get medals if they won , the likes of quinlan , jimmy quilty and houlihan have been around all year in and out since the munster league . houlihan a serious prospect by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭biglad40

I’m worried about the full back line. Dan and Nash are hard as rocks as Is Casey but he does pick up knocks in games.

bar Cathal o neill I think that is our weakest bench in years.

Houlihan isn't really a prospect in the sense he is the same age as most of the main squad. He reappeared that's to great club form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭rubbledoubledo

I’m fearful for tomorrow being honest, especially with the injuries , Kilkenny know this only too well , great chance for them now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

I fancy us strongly just a gut, think it will all come together tomorrow!

I don't have a clue how it's going to go. Really do not have a clue.

If both teams show up 100% on top form it's Limericks but we have been very up and down. You don't know our form till half way through the match at times.

Lots of the usual cliches in the media too about Kilkenny "are never bate" and all this but I wouldn't be any more shocked to see a repeat of the 2019 final then I would be if Kilkenny won.

I wouldn't even bet on either team if they had a good lead at half time the way both have the ability to claw games back.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭biglad40

Anybody got insight on Connolly and Costello. They have never got much championship time due to the talent ahead of them. They have been around a while since 2018 in costellos case. I would imagine they have vast experience against Gillane and co in training matches so I hope they would be ok

Costello is a good scrapper, fights hard to win ball. He'd be vulnerable against a top forward at intercounty level, can be turned a bit too easily. Has played midfield for Kilmallock over the last couple of years and been excellent at that level.

Connolly is a tidy centre back, not the biggest or most spectacular but links up the play well and keeps the game moving. Would be very much in at the deep end if he was called on given his lack of experience at this level.

A positive way of looking at the wider squad would be that 3 leagues in 5 years probably shows our fringe is better than everyone else's.

I don't think we will see anyone outside the usual unless it forced though.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭paddyirish23

Bit off topic but I have a train ticket spare for tomorrow Limerick to dublin return, 8.25 out and 7.30 return had a family member not able to make it. Dm me if interested

Post edited by paddyirish23 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Quitelife

One Of my family has got a printed ticket sheet sent to them by screen shot, will this work ok at the stiles ?

ticket totally legit source but not able to collect from Derry physically so was sent a picture of the printed ticket sheet which has a QR code on it

Try scanning it with the camera on your phone, see if it picks it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭FantasyFool

If they printed the ticket they had to download a pdf onto a computer. Just get them to forward the pdf and print it again yourself!

the barcode is really all you need , i sent two tickets to a mate of mine in abbyfeale on friday on whatsapp , all he needs is the barcode you will be the same ,a photo and a clear screan shot will do , its no harm to have the order number too just to trace the source back

i reckon ye will do the buisness , your man from roscrea is probably getting sick in a bucket reading this by the way...

what lyng has done with kilkenny in his first year is incredible , but i cant look away from the amount of goal chances the last day that we left behind , i dont see shamo or gillane leaving them behind ,plus with the clare exiles on the line beside kiely ye wont be found wanting like we were on tactical issues

this is possibly the only time we will witness limerick do a 4 in a row and when you think how close ye came to be knocked out on several occasions this year , if tommy lynch from treaty united is in yer corner so am i , its a pity we didnt get another craic at ye the build up over the last two weeks would have been chaos 🤣

for some reason i taught he was in cathal O'Neill's age group , in fairness to his father he might have looked like a Kermit the frog with his Hugh Heffner colors and walk back to the 45 yard line but he certainly backed it up, he must have been only 20 when the son was born 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cave_dweller

The big day is here. I'm confident they'll do the business. If Limerick don't play near their best or don't bring their ferocious workrate then Kilkenny will beat them. Kilkenny are playing very well and have excellent players but I'm not sure they've progressed as much as everyone says... they play more openly but that'll suit Limerick. Kilkenny have conceded 10 goals between Antrim, Wexford, Galway and Clare. Clare had 4 good goal chances and got 1. Do that against Limerick and they've no chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I know Limerick are deservedly favourites but Kilkenny @ 11/4 is great odds TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭einn32

Feels like 2019 semi final. KK are working so hard on tackling us coming out of the backs and in midfield that the forwards have had no ball really. We look dodgy at time with long ball in. Wind with us in the second half though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Rosita

A long way from the 2019 semi final now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Rosita

I hope you feel you got good value from that bet. It was an illusion from the start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭High bike

Ah Paddy powers favourite Tipp man,enjoy spending ur winnings Dan 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣

Advertisement