Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2023 Open - Royal Liverpool (Hoylake)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Two players have lost the open from this position

Shaky start but got settled and kicked on a bit further too.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Lil Fred

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

• Registered Users Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

The only thing hopeless here is your trolling 😉

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

I burst out laughing when a fan roared out "Give me back my son" the line from the Mel Gibson movie Ransom, at a tee shot near the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Motivator

It’s been a strange Open, from Harman to the absolute morons in the crowd. I’ve never heard as many clowns trying so hard to be funny. I’ve no issue with the albeit annoying shouts of “go on Tommy lad” every 5 seconds, he’s local and it’s injecting a bit of atmosphere at least, but the rest of the shouting is just stupidity.

Harman recovered brilliantly after a dodgy enough start today. 5 is a huge lead especially when he’s what i’d class as a conservative player anyway. He looks very cool and that putt on the last was massive this evening. Rahm could potentially put together another incredible round like he did today, but that’s a tall order and nearly everything dropped for in today. Harman has got very lucky over the first 3 days with some of his misses and some of his up and downs have been insanely good. It’s very rare a player gets away with it for 4 days straight so I do expect a wobble tomorrow but is his lead too big at 5? I don’t think so. Especially as it went to 2 shots fairly quickly earlier. We’ll see how he handles it tomorrow but multiple chasers need to get close to him early. I can see someone going -3 or -4 through the first 5 holes and I just hope it’s someone close enough to him to make a go of it because the atmosphere will be fairly flat if Harman comes out and starts knocking in birdies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭patob

Harman rock solid on putting, hasn't missed inside 10 feet all week. Just has to keep his head together.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Last day today, let’s see can we keep the thread clean please folks, any OT/trolling/nonsense posts will be edited and infractions issued

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Harman in trouble here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Harman back to -12, that's it over. One of the dullest Opens in some time in truth, and not just in terms of the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Back to back birdies for Harman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

Golf is full by its nature

You more admire the skill

And to win In such a dominant fashion is impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 8,841 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Harman is painful to watch. 10+ times he places and lifts the club before hitting it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

This is my first time attending a live pro golf event. The play is so slow!

I disagree. Golf at it's best can be absolutely gripping. Kind of gripping in slow motion, but still gripping all the same.

Whereas this is just dull. Even the commentators sound frustrated and bored.

Between Rahm winning the Masters by four, Wyndham Clark and Brooks Koepka winning the other two American majors with minimal drama and now this, it's been probably one of the worst years ever in terms of the majors.

Yes golf at its best

Maybe once in 10 years

But it rarely happens because it's golf

Did you think say tiger or Rory lapping the feild was gripping

Nonsense - the golf was gripping last weekend. There have been loads of exciting major Sundays in the last 10 years. Just not in this year's majors unfortunately.

The Scottish open? Nonsense the winner stumbled to the win, he was almost emarry

This is better than that

Comprehensive wiping of the floor with the rest of the field

Also this is the issue major Sundays

It's 4 days of golf wins it

Ok. Whatever floats your boat I suppose. Though I would suggest the lack of activity on this thread tells its own story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭lbunnae

Bizzare to want somebody to just go out and win it after 3 days haha , makes for shite viewing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Fleetwood with a triple bogey on the par 3 16, puts him back to -3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Musicrules

Harman has been exceptional. Answered all the questions. He got ahead and didn't give anyone else a sniff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Bit of a damp "squid" but thoroughly deserved by Harman.

263 days to The Masters 😥

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭Doc07

He’s a class act over last 4 days and great temperament and putting.

It does also show the depth of sheer talent around these days. He’ll be considered by many as unheralded or a nobody even though he was already top 30 in world and FedEx rankings and that takes a lot to maintain these days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

I want to be happy for Harman here because he’s such a solid player, but his slow play so frustrating! It’s like one of those .gifs on repeat when he’s wiggling the club at address, it’s goes on and on and on and…….! Drives me nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭BrianD3

His expression, demeanour and walking gait barely changed in 4 days. While others were flailing and swearing, he gave the impression of being as cool as ice.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Fairly bland end to it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Not huge excitement in the crowd or walking back to the recorders room.

Was that Rahm he walked passed with out barely a nod from Rahm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Clash with the hurling final. Golf was never going to be the most exciting sporting event today 😁

• Advertisement

The hurling didn't amount to much either unfortunately! There's been better summers of sport in all honesty.

Advertisement