Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Got as far as " my name is Dan and ..." before the sky's darkened . It was worse than going to an AA meeting!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

I think we need to get at least 0-8 from Phelan, Donnelly , Mossy and Billy to have a chance. For me, we are in a position I didn’t think we’d be in back in January. Neither team will fear the other and I’ve no doubt we get 100% from all the lads. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

The weather is miserable in Dublin. I got soaked going to the off licence. Loads of fans about Limk prob a good 2 to 1 against KK fans. God help the girls with Mascara and Fake Tans lol. I stopped for a quick pint in the local and the craic was good. A Dub giving the Limk fans loads saying its Man City v Fleetwood Town in terms of the money JP is ploughing into Limk. They were not impressed to say the least and saying he doesnt put that type of money in lol. Anyway best of luck to KK today. i feel with this weather the team with a bit of luck on the will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭jimmythesulk

Is the Fleetwood reference due to their owner recently being convicted of fraud.

In fairness our great team from the noughties didn't have to come out of Munster. They had to beat an Offaly team in serious decline and one of the worst ever wexford teams. So Leinster was a cakewalk and we only had to peak for a maximum of 2 games every year.

• Advertisement

I dont know. I was just laughing at the banter

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Marrooned

Jimmy the sulk teams are always poor after you beat them some of those Wexford teams weren’t half bad and either were the dubs. We bet every team in Munster at least twice over, so your talking bullshit we were a serious team so don’t slight there achievements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭BQQ

That’s why people used to say Galway never won when they were in the Connacht championship

they had no competitive games and then had to get up to all-Ireland semi final level

you can argue it both ways, but you can’t argue with the fact that nobody could beat them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭kksaints

That'd be a Waterford reference I'd have thought. It's very damp here in Croker but it's not lashing. Let's hope there will be no regrets this evening and we will have the trophy.

Blanchfield not starting, Wally Walsh in instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Come on you Cats!!

Superb first half. Keep it going boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Excellent hunger and determination. If we keep feeding the right ball to the full forward line we will do harm. Need the same work rate and we've every chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,401 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Fantastic first half from the lads. Savage work rate. Eoin Cody is electric. Tom Phelan is having a great game. All the backs doing well

I don't think that's enough of a lead. The wind is strong and blowing towards the canal end. Workrate has been excellent from the lads. Need more scores from some of the forwards, only Phelan and Cody have really chipped in so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Going good so far but I feel we need to be further ahead. We are also making a few errors in the back where it should have be driven up then try and run and play it

Lynch switch has helped Limk cut it down. This nest 15 mins is crucial. Hope we have a plan. This is where Limk step it up

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Lyng will expect Limerick to come at them so the lads need to keep this going and try and keep pushing them back

• Registered Users Posts: 13,401 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Of our main players, Adrian Mullen isn't having any impact

Everything is going over for Limerick

• Advertisement

Our second half fade out happened again, why can't we maintain our work rate in the second half

Can be very proud of our Kilkenny players. Gave their all. Eventually ran out of steam but that happens when you come up against the greatest team of all time. Well done Limerick. What an unbelievable team and missing both their captain and the best corner back in the game.

Finally what a performance from paddy deegan. Gets alot of stick on here. Today I thought he was our best performer.

No Fleetwood owner done for fraud, just like a few of our own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Seadin

I thought you had a shot in the first half but totally destroyed in the second half. Limerick are a great team like your team of 2006-2009.

Just beaten by a better team in the second half for whom everything went over the bar in the 2nd half. Too many of our forwards just didn't perform good enough bar workrate. Tom Phelan had a very good game but he was really the only one. Won't fault for effort but just couldn't sustain it.

Shame about the end of that first half. Six points up with a few minutes left and ended up going in only three up.

Criminal scoring that second goal to go five points up and then concede the next five. Game was over at that point.

Obviously we knew we needed goals today but there's times in a game where you take your points, even just to slow your opponents momentum, and we didn't do that today.

All in all, a great first year under Lyng and plenty of positives for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Levels.

Congrats to Limerick. Outrageous display of shooting and just total domination in that 2nd half to which we had no answer. Unreal how much the loss of Blanchfield affected our ability to play the ball out short and they just murdered us.

Hell of a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭mercury16

I don’t think it takes a hurling team to be any better than todays KK hurling team, to beat limerick. But when KK were simply not fit enough to stay with Limerick then limerick are going to win it every day.

KK got very tired in the second half. They could not keep it up in the second half. Also, the amount of ball watching by KK players is absolutely criminal. How many times did limerick just pass and go and receive the ball again, completely un marked. And the KK boys watching the spare man in space, and only run to hiM after he has received the ball.

kk we’re out in their feet for the last 25 mins. And let limerick players unmarked for the same length of time. And that has nothing to with hurling ability. Limerick are amazing athletes. But KK we’re miles off them in the athleticism stakes, when it mattered.

But if Lyng has learned anything, he should realise, that workrate and fitness in this KK team are not at the levels required to win an all Ireland. And fitness has nothing to do with hurling ability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭biglad40

I thought Keenan had a great game. Should be revisited he has to retire.

Advertisement