Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,493 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When I was growing up Trick-Or-Treating was considered to be glorified begging.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

When i was young enough to go treat or treating all we got was fruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,475 ✭✭✭Heroditas

We went to Camping des Menhirs in Carnac through Eurocamp. 4hrs from Cherbourg or 2.5hrs from Roscoff. Very manageable, even with very young kids.

Campsite is 2mins from the beach and 5mins walk from the town centre. Nice site and plenty of activities to keep the kids occupied. The campsite also built a stage beside the pool/bar area so there was loads of family entertainment in the evenings this year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I got grapes, monkey nuts and coppers all in the same bag. Kids don’t know they’re born these days 😂

I just saw on Facebook that Hallmark Christmas in 13 weeks away!

Not that I'd be watching it.

• Advertisement

Honestly they don't!

I remember getting half an apple so the house could stretch their stock out and another house would just throw a handful of loose popcorn in your bag that they had popped in a huge pot in the kitchen. 😄

Mostly just loads of monkey nuts alright. Every now and again you'd hit gold where houses would be handing out Black Jacks or Fruit Split penny sweets.

I remember we got fun size Mars from a neighbour once, wow we were easily pleased ha ha.

The end of the work day is so close now I can almost taste it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Recently I was planning a trip to Newbridge and was looking at street view for parking/a turning and I noticed a Christmas Shop on the main street. I take it the shop is closed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Jingle All the Way, Film 4 at moment.

It's been sooo dark since 4.30pm with this poxy rain!!! 😭

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Bit at least Strictly would be on in October and I could justify lighting a fire 😅

I find once you start you can't stop.

We normally try and get into October. We don't want to start in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

I didn't get to watch 2 of my fave Christmas movies last year, The Holiday and Love Actually. They weren't on Netflix so I had to ask hubbie to download them. I only got around to watching them last week! Put me in a great Christmas mood though.

We're going to Lapland this December and I'm saving and trying to pay off that trip. Once it's paid off I'll be happy. Right now it feels like so much money to save and I'm worried that something else will come up in the meantime and put a stop to it.

Our annual street party got postponed yesterday because of this awful weather, I don't mind the winter coming in but at least wait till October ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Sick of rain. Forecast doesn't show any real improvement in the near future either. Worst summer I can remember in a while for rain.

Prefer the cold to this tbh.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

I think we should put the clocks back and be done with it now. I'm sick of it raining and warm. Severely hungover here, would love for it to be a December day where it would be cosy and dark 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I want to light my stove but the wood is outside and wet 😬

We were chatting yesterday and even my Mrs said she's really looking forward to Christmas this year. I think being away last year has affected her too.

She even prompted the presents conversation with the kids this weekend so we know what we're on the hook for already, which is great in one way.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Came across this tonight

https://youtu.be/HzzCEWrZZR8

• Advertisement

The year is going so quick I was convinced it was only June. August in 9 days time. Yikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Andrew93

Yesterday was the first day this year really that it felt like Christmas. Raining all day, all of us in the house sitting around watching the hurling and then movies & a full Sunday roast cooked.

Same. We also cooked a roast and the kids said it was like a Christmas dinner, ha.

Tomorrow week is August... & without opening old arguments to me that's always been autumn!

So much for the summer so! Brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

No argument needed - August is Autumn 😀. Definitely one of the poorest summers in a long time but we could get an Indian summer yet. I've a few holidays lined up before the end of the year so hopefully that will shorten the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

No argument needed August is Summer, I know I shouldn't have.😁

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

There is no way I'd ever accept that February is winter, therefore August = Autumn. 😁

Still 2 weeks to the bank holiday though, boy has this July been loooooong.

It has actually, keep thinking the bank holiday is coming soon but its still nearly 2 weeks away... has July turned into January?

• Advertisement

No summer holiday this year so the summer feels quite long and boring, especially with this weather.

Advertisement