Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enoch Burke turns up to school again despite sacking - read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Yep, I smell another court case by the Burke’s on GDPR. Who knows? It might even be a landmark ruling. They have the form for it!

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

It "might" be , but they'll f*ck it up by not being able to shut up in the court-room so the case will end up being thrown out due to their horrible behaviour.

‘THE OTHER SIDE PROVIDED DOCUMENTS TO US BUT THE PAGES WERE NOT NUMBERED. BECAUSE OF THIS TRANSGRESSION YOU MUST RULE IN OUR FAVOUR WITHOUT HEARING ANY EVIDENCE, JUDGE. THAT IS YOUR DUTY AS YOU SWORE AN OATH TO GOD’

Repeat that for 15 mins before the whole thing ends like a usual Burke family outing. Mammy and Daddy standing well back to let the kids do the dirty work.

Post edited by hoodie6029 on

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭GarfieldandPookyBear

I’m amazed at what people get away with in court! I’ve been more times than I can remember with a similar looper and it’s best to just let them have their say and make a fool of themselves. It would be much more efficient if they were told to shut up of course but then they’ll play the victim and claim they didn’t get a fair hearing blah blah blah …. As frustrating as it is, the judges know what is best in the long run. It can be entertaining at times 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

We should arrange a Boardsie day out to attend the public gallery some time, when we know there is a Burke before the courts.

I'll bring popcorn.

It looks like the hearing on the injunction against the Disciplinary Appeal Panel is to be heard on Thursday, according to the legal diary. 3 hours.

2023 3330 P BURKE -V- Ó LONGÁIN & ORS. (prov.) (3 hrs.)

They're cutting it fine if this is to be sorted before September and another new school year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭chooseusername

Yes, the members of the panel are Chairperson Mr Seán Ó Longáin. Mr Kieran Christie, general secretary of the ASTI, and Mr Jack Cleary, Child Protection Adviser with the JMB [Joint Managerial Body].

EB objects to the Mr Christie and Mr Cleary as he has said he believes them to be "promoters of transgenderism and therefore inappropriate nominees to hear my appeal".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭afatbollix

• Advertisement

5 minutes after a Burke enters the courtroom 😂

Seriously though, I think its usually around 10:30am

Nothing on twitter. Wonder did the Burke’s seek an adjournment as anything they do would be washed out by the Sinead coverage?

If he was granted an adjournment it won't be heard until October at the earliest.

Enoch has some competition for "Most deluded person in court" after today...

Man claiming to be king of Ireland seeks orders against Garda and Bus Éireann

A Meath man describing himself as the sovereign king of Ireland has asked a judge for orders against Bus Eireann after a driver refused to let him get on a bus and separately against a garda for a speeding ticket.

James Carey, who called himself “his majesty” the king, told Judge Martin Nolan in the Circuit Civil Court in Dublin that the driver of a bus had no jurisdiction in refusing him access to travel.

Mr Carey, whose address was given as Preston Hill, Stamullen, Co Meath, also asked Judge Nolan to direct that a garda, who had issued him with a speeding ticket for breaking the limit by 5kmh on “one of his privately owned highways,” had no lawful right to do so.

Hard to know where you even start with that....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭thomil

I'd hand it over to my French colleagues. They have experience when it comes to dealing with delusional "royalty" 😏

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

That’s a fair point. I presume the new Judges are left to cover for injunctions etc over the summer while the rest head to Clifden, Dingle etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

There are arrangements for a judge to be available for the 2 months of the long vacation to hear urgent matters.

Court only rose for 5 minutes due to disruption yesterday. Judgement has been reserved. No indication of when it will be delivered.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/enoch-burke-wants-promoter-of-transgenderism-off-appeals-panel-1508115.html

JHC. The bigotry is off the scale. With each hearing the depth of it is further revealed... and is more disgusting.

"Mr Burke was wrong in his claim that Mr Christie's bias was also demonstrated in May this year when he presented an ASTI achievement award to a teacher because of her “commitment to supporting LGBTI+ students”.

Evidence

This was one of a number of awards ASTI gives out "all the time", he said. In 2023 alone, there had been 15 such awards.

Just on this point - I take it from this that Burke believes teachers should not be supportive of LGBTQ students at all - or at least not recognised for it? (Note, this is not just aimed at the non-binary ones.)

He probably believes LGBTQ or non-binary people shouldn't be allowed teach at all. After all, he did once conflate homosexuality with paedophilia.

Now he is accusing Mr Christie / ASTI of approving the "stripping the rights of parents to raise their 5,6 and 7-year-olds and set them out on gender mutilation and a path of tragedy" by their membership of the Children's Rights Alliance.

I can't.

Mr Christie has strongly denied the claims and says Mr Burke has wrongly based his claim of bias from the fact that Mr Christie has accepted the law of the land on gender recognition.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

And really that’s what it is, a family of bigots hiding behind religion and their mothers skirt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,756 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Where is John Rogers?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

No, no, no, no, no. Do it right. You have to scream it at least 100 times in a row. No use just screaming it once.

Where is John Rogers?

Where is John Rogers?

Where is John Rogers?

Where is John Rogers?

Where is John Rogers?

Where is John Rogers?

Where is John Rogers?

Where is John Rogers?

Where is John Rogers?

Where is John Rogers?

Where is John Rogers?

Where is John Rogers?

Where is John Rogers?

Where is John Rogers?

Where is John Rogers?

Where is John Rogers?

Where is John Rogers?

Where is John Rogers?

Where is John Rogers?

Where is John Rogers?

Where is John Rogers? x100

I'm bored of it now. 😫

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭BK5

It still will not enter Enoch's head that he himself was not sacked because of his views on transgenderism but his behavior towards his boss.

A real sign of someone who cannot ever admit they might be in the wrong.

That has always been the core of the issue with any of the Burke family.

Their utterly unshakable conviction that theirs is the only right way and that anyone that does not fully align with their world-view in the slightest is an evil that needs to be fought and defeated at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭blackwhite

God guides their every move, and how could he be ever wrong?

Never going to get them to budge an inch when that’s their mentality

• Registered Users Posts: 5,715 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

I think he knows darn well he’s wrong and that’s why he’s making this loud noise about transgender and other issues - it’s been a travelling circus now for a long time - had he kept his cool from the start and used the legal process wisely, he may well have made some headaches as these laws no less the thinking behind them, are still very new.

From a personal perspective, I don’t necessarily believe that kids have the “right” to choose their gender identity without some form of parental supervision or at least for their parents to be aware of the situation - nor do I believe it’s right for a child under the age of 18 to undergo sex change surgery - there’s too many adults out there now saying they regret being allowed and actually are reverting back to their original gender: I think we’re moving too quickly from one extreme to the other without being guided more by the science.

Id prefer to see counselling in place for kids with gender dysphoria and let them make informed decisions over time over what direction is best for them. Things are happening way too fast now for too many people to the degree that proper medical assessments couldn’t possibly be taking place.

On a wider basis, we’ve seen a documentary recently on mental health assessments in the UK being exposed as a money racket and many people are “diagnosed” in less than an hour with all sorts of mental health related “conditions” via a telecall and a series of pre scripted questions. Diagnosis which should have taken place face to face and required 3-4 hours of discussion by a qualified doctor with the client.

The Burkes had the potential to really challenge some of the laws in place so that maybe some amendments could be made to help children throughout this traumatic time but they’ve royally lost that chance through their own incompetence - shouting and roaring at judges won’t get them anywhere and they’ve zero respect from the public now.

No under 18 year old in having gender reassignment surgery in Ireland, in fact no one is, including over 18 year olds, as there is no surgical team here that performs it.

With the Burke family's seemingly endless powers of research, I am sure they're all fully aware of this. Yet they will persist with making claims of stripping parental rights and the "mutilation of 6,7 and 8 year olds" etc. They're full of crap.

Id prefer to see counselling in place for kids with gender dysphoria and let them make informed decisions over time over what direction is best for them. Things are happening way too fast now for too many people to the degree that proper medical assessments couldn’t possibly be taking place.

Proper medical assessments and counselling is exactly what our National Gender Service is doing. It's not a "fast" process by any means. I can't post links yet, but have a look at their website, in particular the "What To Expect" page. There is currently a 3+ year waitlist for access to a first appointment with the service.

Under 16 year olds cannot yet legally change gender, and 16/17 year olds need to go through a legal process that requires not only a guardian or parent making the application for them, but also a GP and a Pyschiatrist to sign off on the application.

I wonder what EB would have done, if the student in this case had presented the school with a gender recognition certificate and a revised birthcert? Not that anyone should have to go that far in order to have their chosen name and pronouns respected.

I also wonder if the previous WHS student who requested a new name and prounouns in December 2021 did exactly that, as we now know from Principal McShane's testimony that the student in May 2022 wasn't the first student to make such a request. Maybe that is why EB didn't raise any objections to the previous student's request.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Enoch and his supporters have no interest in facts.

You're 100% right. I should have remembered that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,346 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Burke thinks his problem is a transgender issue, his actual problem is that no-one agrees with him.

Advertisement