Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Imagine if FTR's title run ended to a joke tag team doing a double clothesline.

As has been said, the Blood & Guts match is probably the worst one so far. Seemed like they just had spots they had to hit and weapons to use and when they were done with the weapon for the once or twice they were used, no one really paid attention to it except maybe acting like "Dunno what to do next, sure we'll use this since it's here". Like the spot with the glass which still laid there throughout the match and others were falling on it and not selling it. They going on top of the cage just felt like something they had to do with no real plan other than to pour the tacks down.

Surprised for the rest of the night they didn't alternate the rings like they do for the War Games event, so fans at ringside didn't have a ring blocking their view for all the matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,416 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

MJF and Cole are gold, keep them for a tag team for a while as they are growing, I kinda see DX in them

Great Dancing 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 86,416 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

“The (AEW) Women's Division has been really killing it, so yeah, I think they're 100% more than capable of doing that (All Womens PPV)."

- Wheeler Yuta

(WrestlingNewsCo)

Willow, Julia, Skye, Ruby, Athena, Saraya, Taya, Toni, Britt, Jamie and Kris. Who else is there that has regular appearances? Jade, Nyla and Shida, I guess.

Like last night was a 2 hour show with half used for the main event, a title match, a number 1 contender's match and the only women's match was Britt Vs jobber.

Hard to do a PPV when only able to do 2 stories at a time. Unless they just throw matches in there with no build behind them.

WWE did it once and never again. Not sure if it sold much?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I suppose we all built Blood and Guts up a bit to much (including myself) when we saw the talent involved, it was an okay/fine main event, was expecting better with the talent but it never clicked.

The Blood and Guts Ibushi, is not the Ibushi I remember, maybe it was nerves maybe it was lack of in ring matches ( I think he hasn't wrestled much ?), I can't put my finger on it but man he looked well off the pace. Am I completely wrong here?

MJF & Cole have been one of the best things in wrestling for me at the moment. I'm kinda shocked at myself that laughed my hole off with the dancing stuff, that's typically not my cup of tea but these 2 guys can just carrying that stuff off with great success. I honestly never expected to see this side of MJF, it's so refreshing to see his character development and branch out like this.

I'm telling if Cole turns on MJF, ill never forgive Cole, never

• Advertisement

I'm not too familiar with Ibushi outside of the odd NJPW event, but I had seen comments before about how he seemed to let himself go a bit after leaving NJPW.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭rodders999

It’s an ongoing problem for them, there’s barely a week goes by where you hear a huge reaction from the crowd for some big spot that happens in a match that’s not seen on the broadcast.

It’s really is piss poor that it keeps happening, whoever the director is back stage needs to be shown the door, it’s amateur hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Wasn't there a botched spot in last year's show where several of them were lying on top of the cage because they thought the show had gone to break?

The ref had to tell them they were still on air, you could see them realising the fact and jumping up.

And a few weeks ago they went off the air just as the dark order were doing a run in at the end of the main event. They'd got all of the timings wrong. On the Fite VOD you got to see everything but anyone who watched live missed the last few minutes.

So 3 separate teams couldn't eliminate Darby?

• Advertisement

Rhett Titus going from RoH to working for security. Strange they did that considering he's appeared on new RoH as well as AEW Dark. Usually they just go with "Local talent"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,781 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Someone needing 3 jobs to pay their bills is the most realistic storyline you could do in wrestling.

WWE Evolution did horribly financially.

Think they sold out about half of the arena and the buy-rate was awful. They went balls deep into promoting it too.

Was a solid PPV though and Lynch vs. Flair in the Last Woman Standing match was cracking stuff.

The roster WWE had then is in a different solar system to what AEW currently has to offer.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Rush as resigned with AEW

Rush and andrade knocking the bollix out of jobbers on collision for the next 2 months please and thank you.

It was very high on my all in wish list, since replaced by the acclaimed/ Billy gunn taking the trios titles, but I'll take it.

I hope they are building to Yuta vs OC for the title, it would be a great story for Yuta to take the title from OC with all their history

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Been travelling the last few weeks so only started with Dynamite again last week but didn't want to jump in without getting a feel for things again.

A lot of that Dynamite was great but a few others were a bit rough.

AR Fox and OC was pretty great. AR Fox needs something to catch on proper and this heel turn could be it, he has serious talent in ring and I think the package they played before hand is exactly what AEW need more of cause it totally did it's job. Pac/Gravity was a fun match even if it was basically just a meme haha then again I believe in Pac supremacy so I'm cool with it. Main event was a bit sloppy, the Best Friends just never seem to win so it's hard to take them seriously, set up some good stuff though so fair enough.

I have to catch up on the MJF/Cole pairing but liking what I've seen from it so far, worried they're going to break them up prematurely rather than riding it out cause it's clearly over. They really did Dax dirty by having MJF mock his promo and then play that exact type of promo haha, probably could have swapped the order but sure.

The rough stuff. I don't care about Jericho/Callis or JAS or any of that stuff, I find it dull. Maybe I'm alone in that, again haven't really caught up on current discourse, I'm just sick of Jericho in general I think. Jack Perry's heel turn is not working. That music would only work if he had serious heat and was being booed, it's basically just silence when he comes out. Not sure he has the charisma for the character. Not sure that the audience knew Jerry Lynn either but interested to see what happens with that story.

The worst thing from Dynamite was Britt's match. Jesus, that was horrendous. I'm no fan of Britt but that was even worse than usual. I've heard she's working injured, take her the f&*k off TV then, certainly don't give her the one women's match that Dynamite gets and definitely don't give her the win. She walked through that match and it was a shambles. Love that immediately after it cut to a 'Book the Women's Division Better' sign. Yeah, do! It's been four years and they still put no effort into the division, rarely a consistent story, rarely a consistent pool of talent on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

Jericho siding with Calis is too obvious, definitely a turn coming. Maybe Garcia or Sammy joining with Don.

Also the punishment Darby takes is boarding on dangerous. The man is going to have a painkiller addiction in the next few years.

• Advertisement

Yea agree Baker is awful in the ring and hasn't improved over the years imo, she stills seems very clunky.

Also im bored of Jericho anyways so this don callis story doesn't really get me interested, do we really need 2-3 of these segments on every Dynamite and why should we care since JAS and Don Callis are all heel?

OC vs Fox was a class match and glad with the heel turn for Fox as it's needed.

I think Perry's heel work might take a while to get going but I see potential.

Killshot and Dante Fox teaming again.

For some reason while watching the match I was trying to think what an OC heel turn or run would look like. I guess for one he wouldn't accept every challenge because he just can't be bothered or maybe he'll start changing the character.

Maybe I missed it but why are Best Friend, Lucha Bros and BCC feuding? Like a triple threat tag match usually happens when there's something on the line. And now one of each team is fighting each other next week in another triple threat.

Delighted for AR Fox, heel turn and being part of the The Mogul Embassy could really do wonders for him

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Tazz kicking Perry's ass would be great viewing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Lucha Brothers attacked best friends with a chair at the ROH ppv

BCC were attacked by OC (of best friends) at same ppv

PAC (of death triangle) is feuding with Claudio (of BCC) AND OC (of Best Friends)

Mox (of BCC) is starting a feud with OC (of best friends)

Then there is still the Wheeler Yuta (ex-best friends now BCC) connection

Mix it all up and you have got yourselves a 3-way match

AEW trademarks aew plus , guessing a streaming service is on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

AEW Plus is also what it's called on Fite Tv. when you sign up.

Have to say, launching their own streaming service seems like a bad call with the current state of the streaming landscape.

Could be an add-on but who knows. I think it would do fine but the sustainability and growth with such a service is debatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Have to wonder what they're doing with the tag division when the current no. 1 contenders are a thrown together team then when watching that Battle Royal I was wondering who some of the people were partnered with as they may have only teamed once or twice.

I was only half watching the Kip Sabian match, so had to look twice at what Penelope did to Komander. I decided that if I was ever in a match with Komander, I would grease the ropes. Think Nakazawa would do something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I actually like the Cage and Morrissey team, they do feel like they fit it's just a pity they never were given any real narrative as to why.

The battle royal wasn't great though alright, it had a real C-team feel to it, none of those teams would deserve to be beating FTR on current form

Advertisement