Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭HotSwap

9.1 yesterday for me. Only exported 0.1.

battery went down to 30% at 2am and only got back to 80% by 4am. It’s at 60% now.

Temporary emergency washing machine ban I think is needed. Hope fully the sun comes out for a bit later. Even for an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Charging from grid in the middle of 🤬 July, the end times truly are here 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Crap - your right. I didn't notice that my automation set it to ~40% there last night. Charging in July - who'd have thunk it?!

On the plus side at least for Dublin it looks like a semi-return to decent enough production tomorrow/monday. (For context, 41Kwhr is my all time high, so mid-20's is decent enough)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

A strange yellow object has appeared in the sky over Dublin. Anyone know what it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭paulbok

I think that's the same object playing peekaboo from behind a cloud here in Roscommon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭DC999

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

It's crazy variable this week! On Sunday I got 7Kwh....7 KWh lads! I've beaten that in a good day in January!! And I've an E/W split which is crap in winter.

Today (jul25th) I'm forecasted to get 32Kwh, then it's back to 12 Kwh tomorrow (Jul 26th) and back up to mid 20's Kwh day after. All over the place. Least on the good days it's a chance to get 2x loads of laundry done.

Also, be lucky to make the expected PVGIS figure for July. How's everyone else doing or is Dublin just faring poorly?

11.2kwp south ish system with 10 deg angle in south dublin near the sea.

the best day this year was 14th June:

it’s badly shaded in the mornings as you can see. There is a plant room on the roof that blocks direct sun until about 8 ish.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Not directly a PV production post but a few months in and training sessions with the family. We are currently using more electricity than we did this time last year, not by much but we are now running a business, the price of electricity has gone up substantially and I looked at my bill this month and compared to last year. Financially, despite the increases our bill for May-June is 1/10th last years. It won't carry through the winter months due to our heating system but still, it is nice to see.

Panels are producing more than 6kwh in spikes today; cos of the intermittent cloud cover:

Would normally be a flat line of clipping; but my battery has absorbed it all; went from 88% - 95% so far ( I have my inverter set to “feed to grid” at this time- so the only way the battery will charge is with excess solar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

This weather has forced me to be more realistic about what level of excess I'll use to charge the car. Basically if its going to be similar or less than night rate I'll plug it in. Some day charges are needed as I'm trying to avoid charging to 100% at night. Its a 24kw leaf but has the 6.6kw ac charger so its reasonably flexible if we do get stuck out and about.

At the house, only granny charging at the moment but the outlay on a house charger isn't yet making sense.

Nice bit of driving on sunshine the last 2 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

These days im just charging the battery and car at night rate. The weather has been shocking in July.

Instead of trying to predict it im just buying cheap and exporting whatever i end up exporting.

With FIT being high enough might as well just avoid running out of battery and importing expensive electricity at day rates.

That’s where I ended up too. Just less attention needed.

I will still need to move to “winter mode” where I extend the time the battery charges every night from just 2-4 am to 2-8am.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭harvindhillon

Horrible start to August as well, only 3.6kwh thus far from a 6.2kw south facing array in South Dublin at 3pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I have a 1.9kWp array, also in South Dublin and I have a total of 6.5kWh for yesterday and today. Are you sure you only got 3.6 from a 6.2kWp array so far for August?

Today's a bomb though: 0.7kWh so far, but at least I have 100% of that energy consumed in the house. 😁

Sorry I meant 3.6kwh just for today. Yesterday was better, I got close to 26kwh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭10-10-20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭micks_address

another horrible day... struggling to get over 500 watts at any one time generated from 7kwp.. have a decorator in at the moment and he's running a 2.5kw heater upstairs and its eating the batteries :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Grid charging in August.. desperate times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Mr Q

21 kWh for me yesterday, 8kWp split East/West.

It just shows how much it can vary by location even in a relatively small country like ours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,083 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I'd be turning that off.

I've had 18kWh yesterday with peaks of 2.5kW, 8.2kWp system in wexford

he had to run it to dry out filling he was doing for painting prep

Not much different today, slightly sunnier but still drab weather. Only got 8kwh thus far. Forecasted was 26kwh, doubt getting anywhere close to that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Kind of depressing. Just 2.5 kWh so far today from a 2.1kwp system (south facing array, North Dublin)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭DC999

Did you say on a prior thread that your numbers since recent install are lower than expected and were going to check with the installer? And people provided reference numbers from their systems as a comparison. Mightn't have been you.

12.2kwh from 3kwp sw, 1kw ne. I guess not too bad for this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Just in case anyone thought global warming will bring more sun out, NOPE, just more rain...

27.9kwh today..north Dublin, 4kwp south east, 3kwp north west

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭fuse

Got a nice view of how my E/W panels perform over the course of a good couple of days.

East is 6x 405w panels

West is 8x 405w panels

• Advertisement

no posts in this thread for a month :)

17kwh yesterday.. 3kwp sw , 1kwp ne

12kwh self use, 8 into the car.. happy times.

Advertisement