Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Yeah, you've said so, in several threads.

Can't see beyond Limerick though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Looking at the teams on paper, you'd expect KK to be 3 to 1. On paper, it's Limerick's to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

You do a bit f thread surfing 🏄‍♀️ I gather!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Rosita

There's very little activity on here today and you've put that thing about the odds on three threads. Hard to avoid it really. Doesn't take an incurable 'surfer' to find these several references considering how quiet the place is. You should just fill your boots and then see if the odds look as attractive at 6pm.

Has a history of not producing the receipts when it comes to putting the money where the mouth is.

• Advertisement

It's amazing really. Even on all Ireland day you come across as a little angry.

You're trying a little too hard with the "angry" bit. It was just a comment I made. I never forced you to post the same thing on three threads. I never forced you to comment needlessly (as if there were addicts) on the "surfing" of someone who pointed out that you'd done so. You not liking that does not make me angry. Bemused maybe but not angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

he told us a few weeks ago that he knew more about horse racing or women then the rest of us , this despite my Ursula Jacob story at the country festival in hollycross , i dont know what to believe now , i taught we were all honest here !!!!

Speak of the devil, she's lookin' mighty tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭jimmythesulk

John Keenan with another superb performance yesterday, once again proving that he is by a country mile the best referee in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Kilkenny the new mayo. Lost last 4 finals. Usual snide remarks from kavanagh and delaney on up for the match about tipp. Hurley even pulled them up on it. Ollie moran tbf said tipp only team who didnt fear that kilkenny team, Delaney and kavanagh didnt even acknowledge he said it.Cant say anybody too upset see limerick do the 4 in a row when it was kilkenny taking the pasting. Hopefully once again its us to stop the 5.

I didn't think they were "snide remarks " myself. They were just underling the fierce rivalry between tipp and Kilkenny.

No need to mention tipp at all. Tipp werent even in semi finals this year. Larkin tyrell always the same aswell. Tbf to limerick lads in media they dont be giving snide remarks and they have been beating us consistently with good while now.

It was going to be difficult for them to mention the 2009 and 2019 all irelands without mentioning Tipperary!

It's Up for the Match. Bitta craic. They have common ground on hating Tipp.

2009 could have been talked about as it was 4 in arow and simply mentioned how it was tough game. Read tyrells book and see shite talked in it. Never came across bitterness like it.

Ollie moran or carey or hickey said nothing about tipp. Bitterness only from kilkenny side.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭1373

Kilkenny looking at limerick team struggling with the 4 Munster teams and then getting cleaned out by the limerick team , sweet . Kilkenny have a habit of big beatings on all ireland day by Munster teams

Don't be saying things like that. You'll be upsetting Dan. I'd say he's still coming to terms with "Cody" not being around not to mind the horror of Kilkenny getting tanked in the final. Pointing out Kilkenny's bitterness might be the final straw. I did have to laugh when Tyrrell referred to Séamus Flanagan as Séamus Callanan on TSG. Can't get used to these new teams showing up at all at all. Not a pundit who will stand the test of time I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭naughtyboy

One thing you cannot take away from kilkenny is that they are the hurling county in Ireland , nobody comes close

Even when they have a panel of very average players they actually are still very competitive

They had no business being in the 2019 2022 and 2023 all irelands, yet they were.

They have great belief in themselves and when they get on track with the new normal, bascially managing their underage players as professionals, they will be back to No. 1 again.

And I am tipp man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Glenomra

just wondering, as a Clareman, how significant is the fact that they are competing in Leinster with virtual guaranteed qualification for the All-Ireland series each year. If Munster was as weak as Leinster currently is, any of the Munster counties with their current standard would be guaranteed similar qualification.

Only a Tipperary man would be that supportive of Kilkenny so you hardly needed to add that bit.

However, what you wrote is pure propaganda. In reality Kilkenny have lost in the championship in the last five years to Cork, Waterford, Wexford, Galway, Tipperary, Limerick, all bar Galway in knockout games. This year or last year they could not win the only two round-robin games (Galway and Wexford) that were likely to stretch them. Yet, they could rely on Galway to hand them the title in the end.

It is an extraordinary quirk of circumstances, luck, weak-willed opponents, and the structure of the competition (where they get to play Westmeath, Antrim etc ) that has enabled their superficial performance to hide the reality of the county's decline from the 'keep the faith' crew like yourself.

Next year they'll be 10 years without an All Ireland Minor title, will have one under-20 in 15 years, and will be heading towards a decade without a senior title. The penny has dropped. The game is up. The mighty have fallen and are on their knees with worse to come.

Only a Tipperary man in typical thrall to Kilkenny would argue, after Limerick have won five All Ireland titles in six years, that Kilkenny are the hurling county. Continue the love-in by all means but don't expect everyone to not look behind the facade of a few token All Ireland final appearances. They've lost the last four they were in and were destroyed in three of them.

The current Kilkenny team is the only hurling team in history to win three consecutive provincial championships (Leinster/Munster) and not win an All Ireland. This year they stretched that record to four. I confidently expect that they will not bottle the five in a row in this occasion.

It is very significant, to answer your question.

Easy up with the generalizations, i for one was praying Galway would win Leinster as i had no fear of kilkenny, as i said on here and i still believe we would beat them by 4+. For some reason tipp teams dont get up for Galway as much as Galway do for us. We always raise it for kilkenny and more often then not win as stats show.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Who's going to win the county lads?

24 games this weekend with some tasty clashes.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Hehe! I can see where you're coming from. I mean when Tyrrell referred to Séamus Flanagan as Seamus Callinan like it was comic gold, comic central even! It had everything, timing,wit, delivery, pure comic genius.

Hard to see past Sars... they'd be my faves.

But Clonouty look very good at this early stage.

Jake Morris had a broken eye socket after the North final - so that rules out Nenagh for me. But if he comes back... who knows - they look to be playing a more modern brand of hurling that looks good. Think it's Skippy and Johnny Kelly doing a good job there. But very very young in places.

Kiladangan look limited at the moment - but they are having no luck with injuries - but could yet take off. The penny seems to have dropped with Billy Seymour - has looked impressive when I've seen him. Willy Connors looks a different animal this year but another injury...

St. Mary's suffered a shock down south against Carrick but look the strongest side down there.

Loughmore are strong as always - but like Kiladangan have been on the road a while and injuries keep happening. Ciaran Connolly hobbled off again. Drom look very strong on paper but I don't know, can't seem to get it together. Upperchurch are probably the hardest beat team in the county - whoever catch a break.

Club games have been very good so far. Really enjoying it. At this stage, Sars and Clon look the best primed.

What do you think?

Relieved to read this. Am sick and tired of that crowd being treated as royalty by people when they've done nothing in the best part of ten years to deserve it. A very ordinary county right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭1373

Are the county champions forgotten about, kilruane

• Advertisement

Weren't impressive in the North against Borris to me anyway. Very committed bunch though. They might come right again... but they have their fair share of injuries atm too...

Advertisement