Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling to a Hotel

Options
  • 25-07-2023 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭

Is there anyone in Dublin who deals as a property negotiator ,

I think more than just a normal auctioneers who would value a property at market rates would be needed

There is a property up for sale that sits next to a hotel & the hotel have made an offer on the property but at the market rate ,

There are 5 properties on the road & the hotel own 3 of them ,The road goes The Hotel, Property A (that is for sale) Property b (not for sale yet) then the hotel owns the next two vacant properties before the road ends,

So surely since the Hotel want it to use for commercial & make money from the property the would expected to be a higher fee ?

I would imagine there must be company that are experts in negotiating in these types of situations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

It is a matter for the hotel to decide how much it is willing to pay. The hotel might or might not be willing to pay over the odds. It was foolish of the hotel to let it be known that it was interested. That being the case the owners might be stupid and more might be coaxed out it them, There are a few wily old agents around Dublin who might negotiate but there would be no guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Property A’s owners would have Hotel owners over a barrel and would command much more than the market value

not for sale property B would go for higher again when it comes up for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Provided the hotel went along with it. Does the hotel absolutely have to buy it or can the hotel afford to wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

It depends on what the hotel want it for, and if they actually need it, they may not. I have a property on the grounds of a hotel that I Airbnb, the hotel have offered to buy it, but they haven’t offered enough above what Joe Soap would pay. I really don’t see how an independent valuer could value how badly the hotel wants a house, or how much above market rate they would pay. Essentially the owner could wait for an offer they can’t refuse, but if prices fall or the hotel postpone their plans, money value will go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Odelay

Just put it on the open market and let the highest bidder buy it. It will be up to the hotel to offer what it is worth to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭dennyk

The seller of Property A should also keep in mind that PPR CGT relief can be affected if a property is sold for a higher price than its current value as a private residence because it has additional development value. If the hotel pays more for the property than it would sell for on the market to an ordinary buyer, the seller might not be able to claim full PPR relief in that case even if the property has been their PPR for the entire period of ownership.

Advertisement