Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decline of the Farmers Journal

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ftm2023

IFJ is in serious decline and is a half dead excuse for journalism. End of. No need to be attacking posters for their opinions. You know you’ve lost a debate when you begin making personal attacks because you can’t back any of your own claims up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Already gave my opinion on this thread

This is a grudge. And then 2 newly registered posters pop up and both pile onto the IFJ isn't a good luck, and really points to a grudge being held.

No one says it's a top quality production. Most in here call it "the comic". That says a lot. It's pages now of how shite the paper is. Don't buy the fuckin thing. @Kerry2021 said there yer a paying customer and yet can't stand the thing. To use your movie analogy, don't go watch the movie again.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Kerry2021

Very well said. I’d be willing to put any sort of bet on with any of ye that the IFJ will never cover the topic of “participation exemption” that I mentioned earlier in the thread. They’ll be too busy writing articles about fancy gates

how long do you think a person should have their account registered for before they’re allowed join a discussion? And sorry, have you not read the previous pages? How is it just two people? Most people agreed and clearly stated is a poor paper with an agenda.

• Advertisement

I know. I read the thread. I was one of the first to engage with the OP here. Most people agreed it's not great, but most people aren't going on and an about how shite it is, how it's rubbish, how it won't talk about something, blah blah blah. The real kick in the balls came when @wrangler was rounded on, even making little of him for having a different opinion

And this is just being a prick towards him. No need for it

It’s something called “news” as in it is new news. So no they haven’t. My account is set up with years, it’s literally lies to label me a new poster and I reported your comment where you used explicit language at me. I’ve explained time and time again it’s nothing personal against the IFJ. They’re lovely people, particularly the editor himself but the paper is gone very badly downhill in my honest opinion as a paying customer and it’s a free country, it’s my right to express my opinion in a respectful manner which is what I’m doing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

The fanboy/girl’ing parroting is a bit tiresome.

very intelligent bit of wisdom there as regards your opinion on the IFJ

The moderators might as well close the thread. Few posters such as rooster man making up lies and personal insults about people. Waffletraktor seemingly questioning people’s sexuality. All very inappropriate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,656 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

TBH you are trolling at this stage and that is from a poster that has serious issues with the FJ. You are attacking poster not debating posts

Ya the tags days are numbered. It will continue trundling along for another while. At present it dose very well out of advertisement's. However at some stage that cherry will burst. It will then start to burn cash reserves similar to the IFA 3-5 years ago. It's depending on its brand to survive.

I think it can do nothing about a lot of those issues. The IFA is often too shrill. The FJ has alienated too many smaller farmers. It's constant whining about farm payments reorganization has left it stranded with dwindling sales.

Now all it dose is publish readership figures which I expect are skewed to hide a drop in printed sales and poor take up of online sales

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 18,656 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I do not agree that it should be closed but I do think lads need to actually discuss the issue not attack posters or dick swing

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

dont be drawn. The least amount of responses from here on in here better

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Jack98

ftm2023 and kerry2021 share a lot of the same opinions bit of a coincidence ftm2023 was set up so soon after this thread started to come on and agree with kerry2021’s points…

One may even suspect the same person could be running both accounts…

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭cap.in.hand.

That was happening in the Kerry coop thread big time as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Jack98

Doesn’t surprise me would make sense, speaking in a condescending way to long time users who you’d see active in many threads and telling the world of how great you are and how much you have wouldn’t put it past such a person…very egotistical behavior.

Pretty disappointing by the moderators that that on page 5 of this thread instead of the subject being discussed they’ve instead allowed me to be repeatedly attacked.

Have had this account set up for years.

Countless people agree with me about the IFJ on this thread (the vast vast majority to be fair) but instead of discussing the topic the thread has been destroyed by false accusations. If anyone is suspected of running 2 accounts I would advise you all to report it and I’m sure if that is happening it would be dealt with.

As for the IFJ it has been communicated to me through the grape vine that they’d now be willing to print something on participation exemption after all (with some editing) but after reading the general consensus everyone else has of the paper on this thread it’s not something I am interested in following up.

I’m the only one of you all who has said who I actually am, the rest of ye are hiding behind anonymous accounts. If anyone still has a problem with me I would be perfectly happy to send a private message of my phone number for any of you to contact me on WhatsApp. Don’t think you can ask for any fairer than that.

Bizarre take that a lot of people have on someone starting to take an active role on boards, Jack98 seems to even think I’m a narcissist for not liking the direction the IFJ has gone in recent years

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭farmertipp

farmer's journal motto was "fearlessly on the farmers side" a good way to prove that is to investigate and rebuff some of the climate lies being levelled at farming in recent times. I'd hate to see it go down personally. I think it's still got great potential

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

Can't see where Wrangler. Said he has a little sheep farm. if you are a young farmer and as sussesful as you claim you must have got a start somewhere . Very the young farmers make it big without help. Without knowing the full facts we can't agree or disagree with you. Wrangled is happy with his lot im sure ha has a good payment to show for it

• Advertisement

Have no problem with Wrangler but almost every comment he made on this thread was directed at me, calling me sad because I don’t like the IFJ. He made no genuine attempt to debate his point of view

Hope he’s got a payment of €100,000/year. Best of luck to him.

As regards if I am this or that or whatever I’ve said who I am and feel free to message me and I’ll give you my phone number if you wish to ring me for any more info you want

Lot of personal attacks made on me in this thread as a new user. As if it’s some sort of special club on here and nobody new is meant to join up here. Don’t think I’ll be commenting on anymore threads after the mistreatment I’ve gotten.

the OP is being spoke about more than the FJ. no moderation taking place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

Thank you for your offer.I don't want anyone personal information.I was just making the point that most young farmers inheritance starts them off. Then they get higher grants as well as young farmers scheme payments Young farmers can now get e8,500 per year for five years. This puts them in the position that they can outbid other farmers for rental land

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Closing this one down, way too many reported posts coming from 1 thread.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement