Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cupra Born

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Can't remember off the top of my head but if you press the notification icon to pull up the shortcuts screen the brightness might be there? (Top right on the home screen, envelope logo)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I think the car does a decent job at getting the brightness right at all times of the day, but as the screen is so large I can see it's a bit brighter on my face when looking in the rear view at night haha.

Post edited by DaveyDave on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Can someone confirm the service intervals on these? I was told recently it's every 15k.

That doesn't seem right, it's every 2 years on a ID.3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Johnfred

Has anyone had the software update to 3.2.1 done at the dealers? Is it been done in Ireland? You can check here https://checkout.cupraofficial.com.au/owners/service-campaigns-recalls to see if your car needs it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Mine has 2 recalls listed since 12th July, battery module & the 3.2 update.

Anyone any ideas on how to proceed with these or whether dealers are sending out letters? I could make a call I suppose

Also, is there anything worthwhile in the software update to 3.2 that will make user experience any better?

How do I know what software version I have? My handover was delayed by a day as the workshop was doing an update, maybe it was the 3.2 update.

Just checked there now, mine isn't affected by any recalls.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Couple of quick questions re the ‘22 Cupra Born E-Boost 58kWH:

Can you stop/start charging via the app?

Also, can you precondition the cabin (cold winter mornings!) via the app?

I read somewhere that wireless charging of phones might not be enabled in earliest version, is this true?

Then a general one for Cupra drivers,

Are the wipers “swishing” the wrong way (reverse direction to most European cars) very annoying?!

Lastly, is there much of a blind spot with the pillars on the driver’s & front passenger’s side?

Trying to gather as much information as possible before I go any further so any other pros & cons I should be aware of? It’s a lovely car, so trying to do the head over heart thing at the moment!

Yes, control charging via the app, can precondition and even defrost frozen windscreens on cold mornings from the app, also very useful for cooling cabin these days on the way back to the car, getting into a cool cabin and not an oven is nice.

wireless charging of certain phones is in mine anyway, for example it will charge my girlfriends iphone 11 and my samsung S21, but it wont charge a samsung a54 because that phone doesnt support it.

The wipers you just get used to, wouldnt be a reason not to buy it or anything, dont even notice it anymore.

Yes, there can be a little bit of a blind spot with the pillars, you just get used to looking around them but it was annoying at the start.

Only other thing I would really say as a negative is the buttons on steering wheel which you will certainly activate accidentally at the start, but I dont seem to do it much at all any more. And the slider buttons below the infotainment not backlit at night is just plain stupid.

No other real negatives, drives nicely, plenty of space, boot adequate but not exceptional, looks great, comfortable enough, plenty of power in the 204bhp version.

Dont spend any extra money on eboost though, its literally the last thing I would spec on the car. Fair enough paying extra for a version with more power all the time, but not a limited boost function.

• Advertisement

Thanks a million for all that info @Buddy Bubs . Plenty of food for thought!

The blind spot I only notice on the drivers side btw, you are far enough away from passenger side pillars that it's not an issue I have noticed anyway

Another thing worth mentioning with preconditioning is you can set a schedule to have the car heated/cooled for when you leave for work so you won't need to use the app unless you want to. If you don't preheat the car it will also automatically activate the heated seat/steering wheel below a certain temperature when you get into the car.

I don't find the wipers to be an issue, the only small annoyance is when the wiper goes back down sometimes it will flick droplets in front of the drivers view in light rain and I'll manually set them off but I did that plenty in the Golf on days where water might roll down from the roof when driving.

I'm 6'4 so the B pillar isn't in my way when shoulder checking. Sometimes I lean forward/backward when pulling out if a junction if I'm at an angle but no issue shoulder checking. Some reviews said the A pillar is large but I don't have an issue. The rear window is smaller than what you'd get on Golf/Leon but otherwise the boxy shape and large windows give decent visibility. The roof line at the top of the windscreen is a bit lower so sometimes I need to duck to see a traffic light at a junction due to my height.

You will accidentally hit the buttons with your hand when turning the odd time but the two sliders on the side have to be pressed then slide to reduce accidental presses. Reviewers made a big fuss about this but it's not a huge issue in my opinion, I have large hands. The steering wheel has a really nice feel to it and steering is nice and light but not too light and you have the option to make steering firmer in the custom drive profile.

In terms of nitpicking, there's a touch less headroom front and rear due to the batteries under the floor. On the flip side it's a dedicated EV platform so tons of extra space in the rear and the floor being a bit higher means you can get in and out of the car a bit easier and still have a normal driving position, not a more upright one like a crossover. The reversing camera is uncovered so can get dirty, it has a camera washer tied to the rear window washer which I use from time to time to clear water droplets when driving in the wet. It's all muscle memory at this stage so not a big deal but every now and then I'll wipe the camera with my finger when getting into the car as sometimes the camera washer doesn't remove caked on dust.

The standard manual cloth seats don't have lumbar support, something to keep in mind if you have a bad back for long journeys.

Thanks for all the great info, I really appreciate it. One last thing - are the seats hard to keep clean? My current car has leather seats & are very forgiving!

I have the grey alcantara seats and they're easy enough to clean, one of my passengers got blue pen on the rear seat and it came out no problems the next day. I regularly go mountain biking at get into the car with dried mucky shorts and the seat is surprisingly still clean and I imagine the light grey would show dirt easily.

After 5 years of owning a Golf with regular interior spot cleaning I'd recommend buying a cheap €100-150 carpet cleaner like the Bissell Spot Clean Pro though, the water was black when I was finished but that's more the deep down dirt than it is keeping the seats looking tidy.

Thanks everyone for all the info. I’m very very tempted at this stage!

Last question for now - I presume the car comes with a granny cable as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I've the standard seats and easy to keep clean. I've a dog cover on back seats but the odd pawprint gets in them and easy to clean. If you're getting an eboost or higher spec car then I'll guess it will be alcanthra

I only have mine 6 days so I'm definitely no expert 😏, I had to hoover it out today and it's a great car to clean inside, I'm waiting for the gunk they spray inside to wear off and after that I'll do my usual clean, a tiny drop of washing up liquid in very hot water, hoover every surface with the light brush attachment, maybe a light dust over with a polishing cloth, sorted 😎

I've had to lower my seat twice as I also found it hard to see traffic lights etc and I'm only a scut😏 I'm really getting to like the car now, the way it's going I'll only need to charge every ten day or so☺️

Your range will drop by about 30% when it gets colder, youll be plugging in more often if you do same mileage say from october/november to february/march. I got mine coming in late sept 22 and range defo dropped off after the first month or so, but coming back very nicely last few months that it has been warm.

• Advertisement

Did you put a deposit on the 222 eBoost one? I went to see this yesterday and was considering buying it but it is now marked as deposit taken.

Yea I'm expecting that, it can't be as bad as the Superb iV in winter, it was dreadful 💨

Percentage wise it might be, but with enough range in the battery I never found it an issue at all. Long spins maybe but its all good once you get used to it.

Are you enjoying it?

Yep, I'm loving the car, always looking for an excuse to go somewhere ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭dunnerc

Same as yourself mine has 2 recalls since 12th July , did you find out any info about this ?

No, never got a chance today. I've a long drive tomorrow I'll make a call to dealer then.

Based on sales figures for Ireland up to the end of June it looks like 1 out of every 5 of these ever sold in Ireland is currently for sale.

Would that be normal for many models?

How do you make that out? Most on Carzone etc are unregistered

A huge amount of the 2023 plate models listed with no mileage are already registered. I've been looking to buy one.

The pictures have no plates but they're registered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,153 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Cash 'em in, order an MG4 XPower.

The Born was never differentiated enough from the ID.3 to be worth the bother.

Advertisement