Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2023 **No Ticket Sales / Requests ** - It'll be grand

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

Yeah, sorry it was a bit of a sloppy post from the phone.

Indeed, the picture without the ECO Campsite marking is from this years planning docs and the other is from last years.

It would be interesting to see where it could end up if it was to move. The woodlands site is lovely, but it is getting a bit tight.

I believe the move to that location was facilitated by Thomas Cosby himself as he was impressed by the idea of the ECO site. So any move from there, might be to an even nicer site. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

I'd miss Woodlands but it really takes you to be arriving on the Thursday evening or first thing Friday, and has been like that for the past two outings.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DubLad69

When are we expecting to see the final line up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

If anyone is interested, I have the full Fred again Glasto set in 1080p and can throw it up on Google Drive. It's about 5Gb. The BBC/YouTube upload is about 7 minutes short (59 minutes vs 66 minutes).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

maybe another one of the smaller stage/area line ups next week but final announcement of main arena acts is usually early august

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Hank the DJ

Hopefully they announce who is taking Capaldis spot.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

THis just popped up on my phone from bands in town. Interesting venue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Announcement alert..

Bewleys are the official Coffee partner, I'm bloody thrilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Great to see Bewleys and Coke join the other incredible appearances from the likes of Heino and Dyson all the same. Vintage stuff.

• Advertisement

All we need now is a Penneys announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Yeah would be great to have a Penny’s store on site! we could nip in for a look during acts 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Phishwax

Interesting to note Coldplay will clash with EP next year. There would be decent crossover in crowd

Lot of people on Facebook not happy and wanting EP pushed out by a week.

Both will sell out quickly with a clash and people can do the Thursday and EP if they want

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Sounds like a win to me, we won’t have people who like Coldplay there for a day.

they’ll have consciously uncoupled themselves from the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

I am loving seeing THUMPER getting recognition at long last. They are great lads and a brilliant live act. Per their socials they Salty Dog is their only appearance , and they will have some new music also.

Someone asked what headliner would you pick, If I go old school I will say LCD Sound System ( also bring back that Despacio Sound system with you James !)

Optimistic for EP? Coldplay will sell out without doubt.

Theres a couple of headwinds for EP24;

July23: Taylor Swift 180,000 tickets sold (€100 each if you were lucky, many were forced into corporate tickets starting at €370 each)

July23: Coldplay 160,000 tickets (Two nights, reportedly negotiating four nights total, 320,000) haven’t seen prices, but assume €100+. If the 3 & 4 nights go ahead, presumably will be sat and Sunday, directly clashing with EP. (Potentially 240,000 gig goers ruled out of EP24)

August23: EP2023 Festival 70,000 attendees, granted tickets are already purchased, but attending this weekend will be setting you back €300-500 per person.

September 23: EP2024 Tickets 70,000? €300?

620,000 fupin tickets!! (Or event spaces that people will attend or buy tickets for, all in a very short space of time with little notice) To put in context, Average 60,000 births per year, only 540,000 in the 18-26 bracket.

I’m not suggesting a huge punter cross over between Taylor and EP, but if you rely on a narrow demographic for EP, it becomes complex as consideration is needed for total ‘house hold’ spending. Say a family where parents and kids might all be hoping to go to one or more of the events mentioned, pretty condensed expenditure timeline + add the usual return to school/college on top of this.

Alternatively, someone independent with a regular job, it will be a challenge to buy Coldplay tickets this week and be guaranteed Thursday night, attend EP23, then buy tickets for EP24. Also when next year rolls around it’s a lot to condense spending and time off work into one weekend.

I hope I’m wrong, but I think EP24 will struggle to sell out.

I’d say less of an audience crossover between EP and Taylor is higher than EP and Coldplay.

Coldplay audience would deffo average around mid 30’s to mid 40’s age bracket, and audience that Isn’t the key age group for EP.

EP might not be instanteous sell out this year when pre sale is announced before Christmas but will still sell out in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

What ever about picnic, some of the other smaller festivals must be facing into a black hole after the weather and the additional competition next year.

Post edited by scruff monkey on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Anecdotally most of my friends in their 20s (who would go to EP) want to go to Coldplay. I reckon Coldplay's audience is all ages. And most people I know who go to EP are doing it for fun moreso than the love of any specific music (which is pretty similar to Coldplay), so the crossover is a lot bigger imo. EP will have to have some lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

For those interested, I found out whilst at Forest Fest over the weekend via my socials that there will definitely be at least one DnB/jungle DJ at the festival this year and that's a #fuckingpromise

It's very late on Sunday evening but I'll take it.

We had Insider map knowledge it seemed last year @Reded was it you? Do you still have access? Would really love to see where ECO is located this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Saw Pavement in Galway last night, so brilliant. Was thinking they would be a perfect band to play Electric Arena on a Friday night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ah they'd be amazing. Saw them in Vicar Street last year. Such a cool band.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

this might have been asked but can't search, but anyone's ticketmaster tickets not available yet?

TM saying 'Your tickets aren't quite ready yet'

They're loyalty and I need to transfer one to my brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

So Coldplay in Croker, Thurs, Fri and Sun on the possible EP weekend! 3 options for them!

They play Croker Saturday night!

They play EP Saturday night!

They go on the piss in Temple Bar Saturday night!

🤔🤔🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Gutted to miss out on eco campsite this year. What's the next best camping site alternative? Attending with my wife and 12 year old son.

Thanks

Hoping The Giant Hailstones are not announced for EP. While their performance at Lake Garda last night was smashing, literally, happy to never see them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭dav09

I'd say now that Coldplay added a 4th night it'll be interesting next year Electric Picnic numbers wise. That's probably what, 3-400k people ruled out for it? And on top, will affect people's circumstances i.e. Partners, Friends, etc. who might usually go along, with losing likely a big chunk of it's core demographic this year by the sounds of it. And on top, it seems people of all ages are going from what I can tell, so it likely rules a decent chunk of EP's demographic out.

Obviously Coldplay at EP won't happen due to staging, logistics having them play the Saturday night of EP, costing, unless mega scaled back which isn't realistic. Chris Martin likes appearing as Special Guest during peoples headline sets especially at the likes of Glastonbury which would be a good draw to the festival, but is also very unlikely due to logistics the other evenings and needing a break Saturday evening.

Advertisement