Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay - Dublin 2024 - Update Post 1 on Toutless

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭fafy

I’d say its Livenation who are actually managing the tour, decide timings, tm does what ever they are told to do, as a service provider, but thats the way things are done in this business, be it rightly or wrongly, they get a massive interest surge, by selling multiple gigs at the same time.

Its like a broken record, each time a big event is on, promoters like MCD and tour management companies like Live Nation, are going to milk the publicity, any which way they can, thats the nature of business they are in, and they want demand to exceed supply, which they usually achieve.

I accepted years ago, this is just the way it is, and get organised, as best i can for the onsale. I have noticed, since i got fibre broadband, a few years back, this has definitely made a difference for me in getting tickets to big event gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭smallgarden

They did pause the queue so maybe they jumped the gun by allowing people join before 12

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Same here. I'm good at getting tickets generally and random lotteries are just exclusionary bullshït.

The only presales I really agree with are past purchasers presales or paid fanclub presales.

Every gig these days has a presale and it's just painful for nearly every gig these days to have an artist presale, mcd presale, 3 presale and then a general on sale. It just drags the ärse out of it all and is completely non-transparent.

What they should do when they do these types of presales is tie it to a ticketmaster account and limit requests to a single country (a large part of the problem with Taylor Swift last week was that it was the last on sale so you had a rake of fans who missed out on all their countries piling into the Irish sale as a last resort).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Live nation owned ticket master so be hard for ticketmaster to go against them

• Registered Users Posts: 49 CantonasCat2

Here is an unused presale code if anyone wants it.

CIEUT3DT71Z5

Don’t know if it’s any good without the corresponding email address on the TM account though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Motivator

There’s an awful lot of panic around for 4 concerts 13 months away. We saw the same panic with U2 years ago and with Garth Brooks. Tickets will be readily available for all 4 nights of Coldplay this time next year.

I ended up getting offered 4 Garth Brooks tickets in the pub before the first night. Some fella had a row with his girlfriend and all 4 of them at the table started rowing. The two women stormed off and the two fellas were left at the table on their own and decided they weren’t going. Handed the 4 tickets to the barman and walked out of the pub about 1 hour before the gates opened. Something always comes up and tickets will become available. A lot of people will weigh up the cost of Coldplay with the cost of Electric Picnic once more acts are announced for that. If you want a ticket badly enough, you’ll get one in the end. Why anyone would put themselves through the stress of that nonsense with the ticketmaster website is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Yep, the other thing being that it's not really clear how many tickets are sold in presales in 2023. Today was every bit a general sale with over 200,000 in a queue at one point for one of the dates. They'll probably all be gone in a couple hours on Friday.

Reality is a lot of people don't have much experience buying tickets and don't keep that up to date with bands touring so have no idea on presales and such. There is better ways to do presales, I like how Foo Fighters and Taylor Swift did their album presales, where you pre-ordered/signed up but the tour wasn't announced yet, so it limits the amount of people getting access as nobody knows. Gigs like Coldplay are the exception to the rule where everybody and their mother wants to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

To be fair, I don't think it's panic. In my opinion it's sheer exasperation with this awful process.

Previously a gig went on sale and by 10.30am it was sold out and you got on with your life.

Nowadays it's a process that takes hours if not half a day with virtual queues with frankly bonkers queue numbers, queues that take hours to find out there are no tickets, endless ticket types, dates announced after the fact etc.

Spending six hours in a "process" to find out there are no tickets left is totally unnecessary and a kick in the face to gig-goers.

I think the majority of people here who were unlucky would say feck it and move on had they found out at 10 or 11 that it was no dice on tickets. But you can't blame people for being annoyed at losing their day trying to get tickets because of a broken system.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,632 ✭✭✭giveitholly

That's it,I am going trawling the pubs next year before the concerts sussing out who could have an argument and decide not to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭AG123

Anyone get the MCD code yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Motivator

That’s my point though about the website, it’s not fit for purpose & people should know that by now. Why stress yourself out & waste up to 6 hours of your day when tickets will always come available. Concerts, matches etc. tickets are always available if you want one badly enough. I’ve gone to Dublin every year since 1999 for the All Ireland hurling final and I’ve always got a ticket. I’ve been a few minutes late into a couple of matches because I’ve got a ticket last minute but I’ve always got one.

Someone above mentioned hotel prices for these Coldplay gigs. I’ve not checked prices but the person mentioned €1,000 a night for hotels. Nobody in their right mind will pay these prices & when reality hits they’ll put the tickets up for sale. Anyone who isn’t lucky enough to get one this week I guarantee if you want one badly enough, you’ll get one. And I’m not talking about paying over the odds, I’m talking face value tickets. I’ve heard stories of people buying €300 tickets today just to guarantee them, that’s bananas. If they want the €300 experience, not sure what that experience is, then fair play I’m delighted they are sorted but if people found they were the only tickets available & stretched their budget just to get one then I think it’s madness. Face value tickets will be in plentiful supply in the months and weeks leading up to the gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭riddles

You can buy a ticket resold by ticket master - as tickets can’t be transferred in a lot of cases only resold via TM.

Would you buy a print out from someone in a pub for a gig or off someone online?

I sold a few EP tickets through Ticketmaster the other night as I can’t go. I’m just wondering why people are still trying to sell tickets through Toutless as an example?

Because if Ticketmaster transfer is available you can pay someone the money and they transfer it to you. I’ve never seen a gig where transfer is never available

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Might be easy for people around Dublin but I doubt it would be for the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

your night it’s easy to get one ticket - but if groups of friends or couples want tickets beside each other it’s harder and riskier l. Hurling tickets have always been easier to get - try all Ireland football find day and some of the early years it was like gold dust

You’ll get a ticket for any big gig no problem no matter where you are based. Springsteen sold out the day tickets went on sale but as soon as transfer was enabled it was dead easy to pick up any amount of them from Twickets etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

This is all I'm getting... Nothing to click?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭martco

Exactly this!

the FOMO, pure greed and basic lack of understanding as to what something is actually worth going on around gigs at the mo is actually a bit unsettling to see and hear, reminds me a lot of those yearly concocted marketing wheezes designed to ensnare Primary school kids like the MatchAttax, beyblades and so on.

I goto several gigs per year with my kid. I'm longtime on Toutless, it usually never fails me if we miss out on the original ticket sale, worst outside on the night someone will turn up for a face value deal, I never ever pay over the odds.

I do wonder if it's something about us? (Irish people that is) like we'd tip over to gigs now and again to the likes of France, Germany etc. never any inflated prices or buying frenzies involved, flight + gig + hotel cost would be well inside some of the numbers I heard about today?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭DavidJC

That's all I got this morning after queuing for ages.. What is wrong with this site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭dalyboy

I got offered tickets earlier for €975 each on the ticket master website. It appears that ticket master are now the unofficial official touts of their own performing acts.

Makes me wonder why they poured so much hate to Jimmy and Bobby the local touts and forced them out of business years ago. (Jim and bob were mean but ticket master is off the wall mean)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

Today, was just a complete fiasco.

while I managed to get tickets, I believe they’ll be readily available once hotel/accommodation costs become widely known.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mike3549

You went to vip ticket sales section and complaint that the prices were like for vip tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Something weird about Irish people because they try to buy tickets to the biggest band in the world?

Certain concert snobbery around here which I find bizarre and pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Hi would anyone have a MCD code please!

Raging I didn't get tickets today got "oops something went wrong" after queuing since ten to ten this morning.

And dropped my phone in the panic screen cracked so thanks Coldplay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Unless you go to TM via the link in the email you won't get through to purchase tickets you'll get stuck on the seating map page with a spinning artist presale

• Registered Users Posts: 32,797 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I was on before 10 but didn't refresh when in lobby....so got absolutely nothing.

Anyone know when general sale is on?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Friday at 10am

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Just got the MCD presale there now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Just got the MCD presale email

Advertisement