Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I used my second set of car keys tonight. With them there's a key to the gate and one to the house door. I managed to lock the door from the inside... but now I can't find them for love or money. I mislaid the first set a couple of months ago (I'm sure I put them in a very safe place... wherever that could be), but this now annoys the hell out of me. I may have to bother St. Anthony to find them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,514 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Was having my lunch yesterday while watching a video with headphones on. They interrupt me to tell me that the new lad wants to buy a place in London. Then they go back to speaking Mandarin. Just great.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

St Anthony helped. The door wasn't locked, just stuck with the damp, the keys were in the outside lock.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I once turned down a job for just that reason. I don't have the headspace to be in an office with mandarin as the primary spoken language.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,514 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I don't blame you. There's two of them and that's annoying enough. Fortunately, I spend most of my time alone with equipment so it's a small enough thing.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

Got onto a website yesterday looking for their phone number. Took me ages to find it, eventually someone picks up. I'm looking for a rough quote to replace some broken parts. The agent takes all my details (including what I had for breakfast for the past 42 days and my shoe size aged 7 ¾, by the looks of it), asks me again what I was looking for, I repeat my request. I stress that a ball park figure would do and that I didn't need a timeframe for the repairs just yet.

The agent tells me they'd call me back in 72h min with a quote. Now, logic would dictate that if you have a price list you look at the rough cost of the items, add the rough cost per hour of workmanship, add a rough commission and there you go, a rough price can be provided.

But no, this is a call centre, so they're only paid to collect data and pass it on. Twould've been nice if they had stated that on the website in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

People who constantly announce they are going offline only then to come on again after making a big song and dance. I guess they are just looking for attention 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That my local shop has machine dispensing notes , I must have got a Scottish one in my change , and the shop won't accept it as its not legal tender in ni .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

The amount of times in the last few days the site has crashed !

go back to the old boards , too many issues lately

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A well-known phone/internet provider demanding that an old lady with NO computer skills and nobody to help her, scan the receipt for a bill she paid but they can't find.

Not ta'ing enough but the attitude of the cs staff when told that this oap had no computer skills 🙄

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Yo man, I can see you millimetering towards me as I scan out my lunch, I can see you think that as I'm only a woman you can intimidate me into moving faster so you can scan your purchases.

Sadly, I'm really really slow when ppl try to rush me and need to double-check each item as I leave it on the packing side and then have to look for my glasses to make sure I'm getting the discounts promised. Also, I'm paying in cash (coins are you are paying so much attention), I will be taking a receipt thank you and take my time in packing my bag as I don't want certain foods to mix.

But yea, keep moving closer and closer to me, that going to motivate me to move faster !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users Posts: 16,920 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The fecking rain, it would drive you to drink at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I have problems on my android phone but my iPhone is fine . Weird since my iPhone can’t call or ring and I only use it on wifi

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'm trying to check if Halfords have a particular oil in stock....enter reg number....my lawnmower doesn't have a reg number 😁

(It is a motorcycle oil but I can't seem to bypass this reg no craic)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

There is no need, none whatsoever, for anyone to video call their young children in an open plan office and have a loud conversation about when daddy will be home.

TA #2 - being forced to come in to the office for what I know will be a 10 minute meeting. Absolutely cannot be done over teams apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Dramatik

People who want your help but give you the absolute bare minimum amount of information on what they need help with. Then they get annoyed when you start asking them questions.

The reason it's taking so long to deal with your problem is that you haven't provided me with any useful information and I have to coax it out of you.

If you had taken the time to prepare some actual useful information in advance like normal people, we wouldn't have this problem and you could be off doing whatever else is so important to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

More than trivial, I've forgotten the pin for my phone, and have tried every number that I usually use!🙄

Look at the screen at the slant, the fingerprints might give you a clue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

Is there a rant thread? It's more than a trivial annoyance. I just send a private and confidential medical report to the wrong person. Some stranger got it. I could die....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Everytime I find a food I like in aldi it goes out of stock indefinitely. Roasties are the current produce MIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Trying to superglue something without getting some on your fingers.

It should be a test on the Krypton factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

When idiots drive out onto a roundabout without looking and stop in the middle of the roundabout when you blast them out of it.

Seem to be all out today, dithery ole boll*x going into tesco and cannot decide if he's going to go straight or around to the right. Just stops in the middle blocking the way while he decides. On top of that Lorry driving school in kilkenny keeps getting their students to drive down to Waterford and clog up our busy streets. One of those days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

• Registered Users Posts: 38,294 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Pre 2000s emigration to The UK looks like a completely different world to today

No YouTube vlogs of this and that living off Mammy and Daddy's $$$

The romanticism of the great Irish Expats and Christys 'Missing You' is dwindling

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭teediddlyeye

It's pronounced "Ow-dee" not "Aw-dee".

And it's not a "jeep" unless it has a badge that says "JEEP".

Post edited by teediddlyeye on

"I never thought I was normal, never tried to be normal."- Charlie Manson

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I was wrong. It was 15 minutes instead of 10. FML.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

If people tell me they got a jeep, i always ask if its a jeep, or a jeep jeep 😁

TA, sometimes your shoe can develop an annoying squeak when you're walking on hard surfaces, but my boots have managed to develop three. One on each heel and one on the left sole.

I sound like an army of mice on the march and three people have giggled at me in the past ten minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

It is what it's.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement