Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,517 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

A neighbour is just back from Rhodes. Torture. 45 degrees. Couldn't really go out until after 9 pm and then you had to eat outside. Very badly sunburnt. Tiny airport queueing for ages to check in etc in the heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,499 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Twitter is greatest gift and bane to Ireland.

Sadbh O Neil a former advisor to the Green Party and with 30 years experience of climate policy and go to commentator on environment for radio stations stated in a tweet that human sewage flows into rivers don't add nitrates to the waterways. When she was questioned on this she blocked farmers and deleted the tweet. Farmers know these things. When you're stuck behind a desk in a city and believe in your own self importance then you become gullible to local government authorities.

Anyway..🙄😆

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Packrat

Those 3 mentioned need a good dose of climate change themselves. Sadbh o Neill, John Gibbons and Padraig Fogarty.

Anyone know if John Gibbons is related to the other farmer hater Michael Gibbons (archeological explorer) who is constantly re-educating the public that all farmers destroy every national monument on their land?

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

• Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Clucking bell - just seen a stat on Twitter saying in the period 2008-19 the consumption of beef in the UK fell 30% and lamb 50%!! Not surprising that UK sheep farmers are in even bigger dire straights then here with the Tory government signing deals with NZ for more lamb imports, likely hit prices here too with the border trade in NI:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The only crowd signing worse deals for farmers than the Tory Party are the EU Commission.

Beef but especially Sheep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Anyone else trying for Coldplay tickets online.

not sure if internet connection makes any difference but sitting along a back road in the arse of Cavan with one bar reception isn’t filling me with confidence.

I’ve never bought on Ticketmaster before, I’m in the “Lobby”, that’s before the waiting room, before the que to get into the shop.

I think the last concert tickets I bought I had to go to multisound in Cavan, that was for Meatloaf in the Oasis !!

internet connection wasn’t so much a problem back then

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭roosterman71

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

You'd wonder do these crowd ever get away from the keyboard and travel down the country, even they couldn't miss but see how green and lush the overgrown countryside is.

Showing herself to be anti dairy more than pro wildlife.

I'm dairy and in dero and I've more wildlife than most. People like that should be called out for holding grudges against dairy farming. The farm where she grew up on used to be milking cows and then got out as claimed they couldn't make a living from it. Since then she seems to hold a grudge against those that stayed in milk and modernised or invested in the farm.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

From Twitter

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭cal naughton

Holly Cairns will be doing very well to be re elected the next time. Being party leader of the soc dems she has to be seen to stick it to the farmer by her urban party voters but unfortunately for her she is in a constituency where a lot of jobs depends on agri.

It's a tight three seater. Michael Collins will romp home again. Chris O'Sullivan is making a big play with farmers down there and sinn Fein won't do as badly as last time and Clare O'Callaghan for them is also making a big agri play.

Daughter got 4 tickets. She was on 4 devices. Only an hour ago she got them. Long morning as she had my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭dzer2

Got 8 this morning for Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Ahh I couldn’t be on that long so I left it. I’ll try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

Hopefully Tim Lombard will get in ahead of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭893bet

I felt a real sense of awe in the stadium in the second half. It was litterally for show.

They are an incredible team. Are they that good or are the rest all below par. I think it’s the former. Not really a weak area on the pitch and a strong bench to toast it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭kk.man

No your are a good team. Thing is no one there over the horizon to challenge ye.i spoke to people today whom would not miss an all Ireland in a million years and i was shocked they didn't go. If there is a re match in 2024 there will be less KK ppl at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Did you get to take your father there? I was looking on the gaa forum and seen you asking about access?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Was it you who threw the bottle of piss up at him on stage?surly not.must have been them lads from Kells or Keady.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭893bet

Yep. Got a few email address through people here……..and not a single reply from anyone in the GAA.

Got tickets through normal channels for lower hogan with minimal steps from the back to the seats and brought the wheelchair. Just left the chair abandoned out in the stand by the bar/toilets and no one touched it. Great job!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Reached out on twitter for 2 tickets for last Sundays all ireland for my uncle who's recently got the All clear from cancer after a tough few yrs. Got a dm from my adopted counties twitter account (leitrim gaa) and a link for two tickets.

Uncle was delighted and gave him a great lift.

Great ppl In the country still 👏

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Packrat

Myself and the buddy finished the shearing at 20 to 12 tonight.

Back broke, Achilles tendons on fire, hips making weird pains I never felt before.

Too many fxxking sheep.

I'd like to know who bred them all and kept all those bloody hoggets...

Done 44 ewe lambs for replacements, - too nice to sell, and you know like, wouldn't want to go short.

It's a fxxcking disease is what it is.

I'm 2.5 times overstocked over what I need to draw every grant and a lock of cattle about as well.

The fun will be well gone out of it by the time theyre all marked dosed Vectored and separated in the rain by myself tomorrow.

I'd there's a bit of a want in me really...

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭eire23

I hear ya....when it comes to sorting through them then for letting the ram out all the notions of cutting back a few is forgotten and there's more kept instead. The years torture is forgotten!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭148multi

As a reformed alcoholic and sheep farmer once said, sheep farming is like drinking 1 is too many and 100 isn't enough

The women have a goal, in the first 4 mins. Their second goal opportunity In the opening mins

A goal from a corner kick.

You'd never think it possible.

Really bossing Canada now.

Hopefully capitalise more on the goal.

Will be a long time until the final whistle. Fingers crossed they can hold on

• Advertisement

Canada goalie must have seen Niki Quaid in action.

Advertisement