Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Amazing fighter. P4P #1 for me also.

Fulton a guy I never really understood the hype about. Not the elite boxer people say imo but still for Inoue to completely dismantle him like that was incredible to watch.

Leigh Wood wayyy too clumsy coming in to live with Inoue. I don't think that'd go past 3 rounds despite the size difference. Complete levels fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I see..

from a legit (legal) standpoint I think it was fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I can't wait for Crawford v Spence.

I'm picking Crawford because I've believed he's the P4P best for a few years now but if you asked who is second I'd say Spence.

My pick is without any confidence. All I hope is that we get the great fight we all expect.

How are folks watching Crawford-Spence? It is TNT PPV I believe. I don't think I'll pay for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭fitzparker

It looks like his hand went down but hard to see if it touched, but after the first punch you can see the ref sprinting over (whether that is because of the hand or not) but regardless was too slow Inoue already got the second punch in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Yeah its on TNT PPV, almost €30 I think.

If there was a fight over the past few years to pay for, this is it, but Vodafone TV don't do PPV and im not paying 30 to watch it on my phone, so will try to find a link.

Yes, I am torn....such a great great fight. Just not feeling the urge yet to pay for it.

Plus, I can't guarantee that I'll get up for it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭squinn2912

It’s a funny one that because if his hand touches the canvass it is deemed a knockdown against him. In this case it would have been for him as he wouldn’t have taken the second shot and better chance of some sort of recovery. Surely it’s up to the referee to intervene quickly enough there and the owness isn’t on the fighter to call it a knock down. Mildly interesting I know!

What time is the ring walk likely to be? I;ll be in London would LOVE to head somewhere to see it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

At a guess it's probably after 5.30 but only going by other fights 🤔

• Advertisement

Yes. But Inoue was so fast following up I think it just happened as it did. Ref was irrelevant kind of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Anyone else fancy a draw?

I was going for Bud but Spence has an assuredness about him and it's very convincing.

Post edited by blade1 on

I’ve been thinking a bit more for Spence myself. I can’t stop going back to how reluctant he was to make the fight but could that be a bit like Mayweather with PAC? Are there any YouTube interviews etc going around? Where are you seeing this assuredness? He’s always been very laid back and composed.

All access a good watch and appetiser

Found this there now some numbers

https://youtu.be/4khWdZM0nxM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

I could see Spence getting stopped on an injury of some kind. Didn't his eye have some serious issues and his teeth? It's amazing he ever came back after that car accident. A miracle he's even walking again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I wonder what the ceiling is for Inoue. What a special talent he is. As for the huge bout this weekend. I think Crawford might lose a close decision. A draw would not be a huge shock either. I assume this is going to be on at 4 or five in the morning. I might just stay up for this one.

Inoue is very close to his ceiling...folks talking about Tank at 130 or a catch-weight....Tank would obliterate him

Fulton is good. Nothing special. I really rate Inoue, but by god some folks are overrating I feel.

p4p number 1? Not for me. I mean, is he better than Loma? I don't think so....so, if you discount his perfect record and base it off skills, I feel there are a few as good, if not better....Inoue is quality, no doubt.

Last couple days I am feeling that Spence will be in no-mans land most the fight and that Crawford will have too much of everything for him...Spence is a good puncher, but more a cumulative working puncher; I don't think this cuts it against a very skilled and fleet footed and excellent punching Crawford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Inoues offensive game is clearly up there with the best around at the minute but he looks very very hittable. Loma is probably just better at everything than him bar maybe not being as powerful at his weight.

None of them is perfect it’s just about being the most effective. Fury, Usyk, Bud, Loma, Inoue I suppose they all have parts of their game that make them potentially the best. Inoue reminds me of GGG takes a shot, brave as, huge power and doesn’t really defend that much… Likely my favourite to watch right now as much as I enjoy Loma and Usyk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Just out of curiosity did you agree with Haney getting the decision against Loma. I agree Loma is the more talented all rounder. If Loma just had the power of a Inoue I feel he would be pretty much unbeatable. I suppose that's the thing very few fighters have it all. I think Spence might be behind on points but could wear Crawford down late on.

Yes. Agreed with it. Haney, for me controlled it more and owned most of the exchanges. The robbery calls in boxing are way beyond tiring, as well as idiotic a lot of the time.

Loma is not the perfect fighter. For me his flaw is not a lack of power (as a lack of power is just natural), it’s more his lack of a real efficient/fluid/natural inside game.

I don’t see Crawford allowing Spence any rhythm to allow Spence go to work. Spence I reckon is befuddled a lot of the time. Little too linear/predictable in this match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,158 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I'd be surprised if Crawford doesn't put on a show, I reckon a late stoppage for bud after mostly controlling the fight.

Yes. Stoppage seems strange one, but I think you could be right…

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Youredeadright

Has anyone worked out how to actually get this legally? I'm ok with paying the 30 euro but TNT box office app is not available to download in the google play app store and Sky won't let me purchase as I don't have a sky box! No wonder people turn to the dodgey box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭megadodge

I only found out today that TNT is actually the latest re-incarnation of BT sport.

So if you're a BT subscriber you should be able to order the fight the normal way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Where is the Spence Jr. v Crawford thread?!?

Can't see either fighter getting KO'd, Spence Jr. to do it on points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

spotted this on the tnt website

This event is only available in the UK and Republic of Ireland. Republic of Ireland customers should refer to Sky Ireland to find out how to watch the event.

The internet isn’t for everyone

It’s pretty much standard BT Sports PPV. Only difference being that BT is now called TNT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Haney v prograis deal agreed for october 28th abc 140lb title fight

caleb plant just slapped jermall charlo backstage of the spence weigh in, i think his ears are still ringing

The internet isn’t for everyone

Advertisement