Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay - Dublin 2024 - Update Post 1 on Toutless

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Yeah I got Friday night, got in at about 600 in the queue and took the risk of filtering just for standing...it luckily worked

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

i was at 7000 for Sunday at the start and seems like there is no tickets available in any section when i got to the top of the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭oinkely

5,000 in the q for Friday. Got tot he top and no tickets of any description that i could find. Even platinum seemed to be not available.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

No probs. The reality is that Ticketmaster are somewhat unlikely to follow through and cancel tickets but I was in the same boat yesterday (with Mrs. E looking to get tickets for her sister but under her account) and I told her it's just not worth the risk as if they do cancel them, you're out of tickets for a gig that was a nightmare to get them for and you've no real argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭lemmno

Very grateful to the person who posted here yesterday about Monday being announced, I saw it quickly and was in around 800 and had my tickets within 3 or 4 minutes. I bought two in sheer panic and ffor ear that if I added anymore that it'd kick me out! Queing today for the other two in my party who didn't get sorted yesterday but by the looks of things they won't be getting sorted today either. Hard to know whether the majority of tockets went yesterday or if they've just held a lot back for the general sale on Friday. Seems like most people didn't get anything yesterday either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Got 2 yesterday but paid a fair whack for them !

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭hhmmm?

Don't do much of this ticket queueing usually but for future reference, are you better off joining the lobby an hour beforehand or a minute before the waiting room opens?

Does getting there early offer any benefit to clicking just before it opens?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭bs2014

Got to end of q for Friday. All its doing now is showing a loading pic. Dunno what to do

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Was 4500 in queue for Thursday. Not a bean left.

Ah well, might try friday for general release but there'll be loads for sale around time of gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 MVR2021

Got 2 standing tickets for Thursday. Would have preferred seated for Friday but Friday Q was too long to chance the luck. Anyone know what pitch c is like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,797 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭Zardoz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭cullenswood

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭claregal1

No joy again today ... I go again Fri ...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 MVR2021

Anyone know if mcd links can be passed on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭stooge

yes, there is no individual code so you can pass on

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mike3549

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

There's no split on the pitch. The 'C' is just a batch number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Many thanks to the poster that put up the MCD links. Clicked into the Monday link about 5 mins before ten and ended up number 66 in the queue! Got two pitch standing with no issues. Just pure luck as I spent half the day yesterday messing with the various queues to no avail.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

just had a look at the queues

Over 30k in each of them.

You would have thought TM would have just pulled the plug on them and told everyone all tickets have gone. Some may be hanging around for hours not realising everything has gone

• Registered Users Posts: 32,797 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Sunday not a sausage left at any price for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Who was the MCD presale even for? I can understand a 3areas pre sale for Three customers, but not MCD

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Got 4 pitch tickets for Friday. Started at around 10k in queue with a residents pre-sale code (not sure if that makes a difference).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Time to introduce a Ballot for sell-out events (he says, having not gotten tickets)

It's not First Come/First Served if the queue is randomised after the waiting room. It's pure hit & hope.

And at least with the Ballot approach you'd know X number of Tickets available. Y chance of obtaining tickets.

Reduces bottlenecking stress on the website.

Reduces hours wasted by people queuing (with no visibility on whether there's even tickets left or not)

Reduces ticket hording.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Fair play for sending on them links! I sent them to family and friends and they got tickets out of them! Unfortunately I wasn't so lucky today. I have tickets already that don't really suit me date wise but hopefully can swap them.

Must remember this in future for MCD presales, could be very handy 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 49 CantonasCat2

The Star suggests majority of tickets being held back for Friday .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

you must have gotten a separate link as there was no code to enter for the MCD one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Exactly, once the tickets have been sold the queue should be closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭argentum

I definitely wouldn't worry about tickets for this gig

Over 80 k available for each night

So 320 k in total approximately

People are panic buying and having major FOMO

By the time the gigs come around they'll have sold on their tickets

TM will trickle release more over the next few weeks as overbooking householders and credit cards get caught and tickets get cancelled and re sold

Then once the logistics are worked out and safety officers look at the stage design they'll release extra production hold tickets

There's always tickets available for the big gigs

Advertisement