Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COYGIG - Women’s Football World Cup 23 **Mod Warning in Post #58**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭French Toast

Do female professional golfers play off the shorter tees? As the average Sunday golfers do.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

No

• Registered Users Posts: 15,901 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I disagree. They are well able for 90 minutes and for the size of the goals too. I have a better idea. How about the time for men's games are increased to 110mins and there goals made bigger.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,486 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Absolute dog sh1te from Ireland. Vera Paw needs to go. Useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

So many silly errors.

• Advertisement

They are absolutely woeful. What the hell is Paw training them??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭pah

We're sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I think I'm going to stay away from this thread. Within 10 seconds of me opening it today for the first time, Ireland conceded their first. I just came back into it for Canada's second.

I'm not superstitious but byeee...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,255 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Bad goal to concede. Beaten for two more or less 50/50 challenges in midfield in the lead up to that goal…

all of a sudden looking a bit heavy legged and ponderous going forward, no incisiveness….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

This feels alot like watching the mens football team play. We're not terrible but we dont seem to be resilient enough to come from behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Denny61

Come home ireland you.are an embarrassment...cant score a goal from play only a freak goal ..then we score a goal for them by an own goal..its pathetic ..no style of play. Manager going on for a year about being abused when young an American joined us as she been bullied..I hope the team are trashed . Its,auful to watch..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

There was definitely contact. I've seen pens given for a lot less

First goal was unfortunate, but I think the Canadian striker coming in a a pretty clear chance if she'd left it.

Second goal was awful. Asleep since HT. Put the ball out needlessly twice and the second led to a goal

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭ngunners

• Registered Users Posts: 10,966 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

There much Irish support there - hard to hear them?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,600 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Complete implosion by the team now 60 gone. Not sure if it is a sideline issue or the players themselves. But this was not good no matter how you dress it up.

Hopefully Amber can finish a chance if he gets it - coming on soon now.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭French Toast

We're looking fairly porous at the back now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That's better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭lbunnae

I only saw replay once and didn't see contact , if I'm wrong then yeah could have been obviously been a peno. It's such a pity the Canucks really didn't look up for it until the OG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭lbunnae

Jaysis , I think we have been taken over by a few incels lads haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,931 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Jordyn Huitema is a girl of unimaginable, and yet there she is .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

once again cant put two passes together. it was like that when we went one up. we just sat back and hoped a long ball or two would catch them out.

absolutely no combination plays. Canada as bad as they were first half still had 67% possession and threatened a few times to work in it. we on the other hand...

littlejohn and o'sullivan constantly giving the ball away or not controlling or setting the tone. so many simple things not happening...even our thrown ins...no-one showing for them. same when a player is in possession...no options.

would love to see them get an equalizer to take it to the third game but the game seems to be getting away from them...

Vera P should resign if this is what is served up after ALL the hype, everything was provided for this team and this is the steaming pile of dog doo doo we get???

Paw is an absolute spoofer and chancer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭sxt

You can't fault the effort from Ireland. One thing I hope we don't see is an open top bus type heroes welcome if Ireland finish last in their group. It's a real loser mentality to celebrate losing and should be reserved for winning

Seems to be a lot more Irish fans there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

That's two foul throws from Ireland now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Are the commentators forbidden from criticising the team? Seems to be handling them with kids gloves in both games the game was well within grasp and poor decision making and execution has cost this team yet I haven't heard either commentator mention this.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,155 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭supermans ghost

Katie McCabe almost doing an Archie Gemmell there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

It's the same for the men team mostly. If you want to hear the opposite Ronnie Whelan constantly complains during matches.

Advertisement