Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I took the plunge and picked up Dave the Diver. I haven't played much more than the opening hour, but just wanted to use that pun. 😜

What I have played I like. Gives me a nice nostalgic feeling from back when I played those lucasarts point and click style games. Although not point and click game it has a similar vibe.

I ended up getting distracted by satisfactory on the steam deck for 15 hours, setting aside some time this week as I'm off work to really dive in. I can't help myself. 😞

Post edited by Grumpypants on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Rayman 3 HD I'm on the last boss and it's a bitch. It is so frustrating it goes on in stages. I was on the third stage and died and of course I have to start from the beginning. This game will be the death of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Yes!

YES!!

YES!!!

I can get behind this!

Joel McHale as Johnny Cage is expert level casting 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Strong Archer by way of Far Cry Blood Dragon vibes. Was surprised to hear Gilbert there, but after a quick search it seems he's only been dead a little over a year. Thought it was longer for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Anyone else playing this yet. About an hour in, looks great and feels good to, really goood fun all round. Going to be comfortably best arcade racer on PS imo. How it matches upto Forza is another matter...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I played it in the early hours of the morning. It definitely has a Forza bang to it, but I don't know if I get it as I have gone off those kind of games.

The only driving game I'm looking forward to this year is the new Forza Motorsport game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,795 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Street v out was posted in the PS Bargains thread, I got EA Play for 1 Euro for 1 month. Finally tried NFS Unbound and it's a lot of fun. I didn't like the cartoony effects from the trailers but it really gives the game a unique style while the cars and graphics still look great. The music is s a good fit and the characters all seem natural for the style they're going for. Really enjoying it so far.

I thought my Xbox 360S (a console I owned since January 2012) died this morning, so I started to panic. Turns out it was a cable that became loose from the power brick.

*wipes sweat from brow*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,959 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Crew Motorfest seems alright. Tis a beta so a bit rough around the edges, but not bad so far. Picked the S2000 and the Japanese playlist. I like the approach to these, giving you a race based history on the car or places/events, or so I've gathered so far.

Cars handle well once you remove most if not all assists. Just trying to get to grips with drifting. Customisation is there, but parts wise seems limited, not sure if it'll increase on full release but it's not quite the same as Unbound. It does already have a dlc store which mostly seems to be selling specific car variation packs or vanity items. So far.

It's more grounded than FH5. Less floaty. Again, so far. Going off tarmac is punished far more severely in this. Not sure on the nitro inclusion yet but some cars and playlists won't have it, mainly the classic ones.

Fine selection of cars, with some manufacturers a bit limited but plenty of variations. You can import your Crew 2 purchased cars, or specific won cars. I started fresh, you can import at any time. Will give it a good few more hours tomorrow night tonight.

• Advertisement

Wreckfest is smashing fun. Crash! Bang! Wallop!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,959 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, really reminds me of the DD2 days, basically a modern version of it. Still play the challenges every few days. Needed more support, and no word on a sequel yet so not sure what's happening there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭quokula

Think I'm officially done with TOTK which I'd been playing pretty much since launch. Hit a difficulty spike at the final boss having had no problems through the rest of the game, backtracked to get better gear and weapons, but found I'd long since stopped enjoying the grind and I was nowhere near invested enough in the story to actually care enough to keep at it so I just stoped and haven't felt an urge to go back in the last week.

I preferred it to BOTW but ended with pretty similar feelings, some extreme high points (sky islands, dungeons, shrines) interspersed with a lot of tedium (the cutscenes and 90% of the open world and depths). I'd pay good money for a linear game based around the abilities without all the padding, or just a DLC with a big list of shrines one after another.

Jumped into Humanity as a palate cleanser before Sea of Stars and BG3 hit, and it's such a delightful game. Don't think I've been drawn into a puzzle game this much since Baba is You. I'd seen reviews and had an idea of the mechanics, but they push them in much more creative ways than I'd expected.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,245 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The last boss should be no issue if you get yourself max level armour, any decent armour really.

Be a shame to miss out on the ending, it's spectacular.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,245 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Back from holidays after 3 weeks and had to mow the lawn as it had turned into an absolute jungle. Took me over 2 hours. Decided I needed something light and breezy to play and not have to deal with turn based strategy and ethnic cleansing of Tactics Ogre. I saw FF7 Remake on steam and remembered I hadn't played the new intermission scenario. I also heard it was really short.

So I booted it up expected to had a fun time with the FF7R battle system without all the bullshit that made that game an absolute slog.

Starts off good. A decent short intro dungeon to remind me that the battle system is indeed great and yuffie is great fun to use. Then I get to Sector 7 and get bukakked with side quests. Well searching for the posters was kind of fun because of the really dumb catchy music but being forced to play that Fort Condor minigame.... Square really can't help themselves making FF7R very hard to like.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Honestly, with the start of your post, I thought that you were going to say you started playing Lawn Mowing Simulator.

I must get some lawn food. Thanks for reminding me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

you know better than most, just slog past that padding and get to the battles, Yuffie & Sonon combo are very fun to play around with and the hard mode run is very satisfying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭quokula

I enjoyed the Fort Condor stuff. It was the Final Fantasy / Clash Royale crossover I never knew I wanted. I'd rather they pad the game with side activities like that than making every dungeon 10 times bigger than it needs to be by copy pasting bland industrial catwalks and tunnels over and over again.

• Advertisement

What the hell is going on with the site?

Fixed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,573 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Until it goes down again for another few hours....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Site is stumbling from one disaster to the next

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

There was an iOS game many years ago that had bankers and Wall Street types charging the White House and the aim was to prevent them taking over by flicking them away or shaking them until they explode.

Does anyone know the name of it?

I don’t think it is available on the App Store anymore but was able to play it during the lockdown on my iPod Touch from my purchase history but I can’t find it on the history on my iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,795 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Red Dead Redemption Remaster announcement incoming apparently.

• Advertisement

I own that game on the Xbox and it looks good on Xbox even now because it was enhanced. No where near as good looking as RDR2 but still looks good so I hope this is a proper remaster and now a quick buck job.

Advertisement